+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV

meet1648

Nov 6, 2019
Hello guys i applied for TRV i got my new study permit i applied for trv on November 5th and i want to travel india on december 20 i havent booked tickets yet how long does TRV takes times. should i book tickets yer or no should i wait for passport

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for Trv for my work permit from inside Canada. 2 months back I came to India to visit my family, I send my Passport to Indian embassy in New Delhi. I got my passport back with 10 years Visitor stamp instead of WORKER.

I am confusing why they gave me a visitor visa.

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Hello everyone, we have just submitted my mother and brother's TRV applications to visit Canada.
Post submission we noticed we mistakenly mentioned in the form that my brother would pay for his trip when my mother is paying for both of them. While the information in the form is wrong, the proof of funds document has the correct information.
Upon realising our mistake we immediately (within 30mins of application submission) submitted a webform with correct information for the application form.

However I am still very nervous as to how this entire thing can impact the application processing and chances of approval.

Looking forward to your thoughts and insights.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, we have just submitted my mother and brother's TRV applications to visit Canada.
Post submission we noticed we mistakenly mentioned in the form that my brother would pay for his trip when my mother is paying for both of them. While the information in the form is wrong, the proof of funds document has the correct information.
Upon realising our mistake we immediately (within 30mins of application submission) submitted a webform with correct information for the application form.

However I am still very nervous as to how this entire thing can impact the application processing and chances of approval.

Looking forward to your thoughts and insights.
How old is your brother? If over 22, he pays for his own trip. So they show funds separate from one another. Nothing you can but wait.

Last edited:

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
How old is your brother? If over 22, he pays for his own trip. So they show funds separate from one another. Nothing you can but wait.
My brother is 27.
Is there a reason/unsaid rule that someone over 22 needs to pay for their own trip? Unfortunately, I hadn't read this anywhere before and we decided to show that mom is paying for the trip as she already had close to 4 times the required amount in her account. She has ofcourse provided a letter stating she would pay for the trip with proof that she had a lot more than enough.
We have also shown my brother's ties to India in terms of a job at a bank where he has been working for over 2 years. We have provided paystubs as well to prove this.

Anyhow, not sure we can change anything now. Trying to update the proof of funds again will probably only complicate things further. :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My brother is 27.
Is there a reason/unsaid rule that someone over 22 needs to pay for their own trip? Unfortunately, I hadn't read this anywhere before and we decided to show that mom is paying for the trip as she already had close to 4 times the required amount in her account. She has ofcourse provided a letter stating she would pay for the trip with proof that she had a lot more than enough.
We have also shown my brother's ties to India in terms of a job at a bank where he has been working for over 2 years. We have provided paystubs as well to prove this.

Anyhow, not sure we can change anything now. Trying to update the proof of funds again will probably only complicate things further. :(
Over 22 is considered an independant and no longer a minor. Read IRCC definitions. All you can do is wait. I assume they applied separately. He is not the dependant on her application.

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Over 22 is considered an independant and no longer a minor. Read IRCC definitions. All you can do is wait. I assume they applied separately. He is not the dependant on her application.
My mother applied for both of them together as a group. However, we do have to fill the application forms forms for both of them individually and submit all documents for each application individually.
Also, the application form itself has the option of declaring if the finances of the trip is funded by the applicant themselves or if the money is being given to applicant by someone else. This is where we made an error in my brother's application by declaring that he is paying for his trip. The proof of funds document though stated that it's my mother who will pay for his trip, her bank account statements attached and a declaration from my mother as well.
We then submitted a webform highlighting the disconnect between what's mention on proof of funds doc and what's mentioned on the application form. Requested correction in application form to say my mother is funding my brother's trip and reattached the proof of funds document.

I understand that over 22years is considered independent and logically a stronger case would be if they fund their own trip. However, since IRCC themselves have given the option to declare that someone else is paying for the trip, I m just hoping that this route is not a red flag for them and it is acceptable provided the bank statements submitted have solid funds.
Also, the fact that we have submitted a webform to request corrections in application form does complicate the application to some degree from the officer's understanding point of view.
So now we have 2 things to pray about. :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My mother applied for both of them together as a group. However, we do have to fill the application forms forms for both of them individually and submit all documents for each application individually.
Also, the application form itself has the option of declaring if the finances of the trip is funded by the applicant themselves or if the money is being given to applicant by someone else. This is where we made an error in my brother's application by declaring that he is paying for his trip. The proof of funds document though stated that it's my mother who will pay for his trip, her bank account statements attached and a declaration from my mother as well.
We then submitted a webform highlighting the disconnect between what's mention on proof of funds doc and what's mentioned on the application form. Requested correction in application form to say my mother is funding my brother's trip and reattached the proof of funds document.

I understand that over 22years is considered independent and logically a stronger case would be if they fund their own trip. However, since IRCC themselves have given the option to declare that someone else is paying for the trip, I m just hoping that this route is not a red flag for them and it is acceptable provided the bank statements submitted have solid funds.
Also, the fact that we have submitted a webform to request corrections in application form does complicate the application to some degree from the officer's understanding point of view.
So now we have 2 things to pray about. :(
So if your mother is approved and your brother refused then one reason will be that he is over 22. He is not a dependant.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html