+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV

Oct 14, 2019
Hi everyone! I am new here. Glad I found this forum and hoping it will help us with the TRV application.

I have a few questions regarding the form and thank you in advance to anyone who would answer my questions.

Employment section.
My girlfriend has never been employed to any company or organization. But she have had businesses in the past up to this day. So technically, she is self employed. The thing is, the business she have now is under her sister in laws name. Not hers because she only partly supply goods specifically “sacks of rice” on their convenient store. Then the business she had for about a year or two is an eatery business just infront of their house. She never had a business permit for that eatery but thats where she gets her source of income.
Should we all include this to her employment history?

Purpose of Visit section.
Should my partner choose tourism or family visit? What is the right term to use on the form, girlfriend or close friend (relationship to me)

National ID document.
Is this some sort of any valid ID in the Philippines?

Ak299

Feb 13, 2022
Hello All,

I have applied for TRV after I was approved work permit. My TRV was approved and PPR was issued. So I sent my passport for counterfoil and I received the passport back with the Counterfoil. But the issue is that, my last name on the counterfoil was printed wrong. In order to change that, I had sent IRCC, an amendment form imm1436 and requested for amendment in Counterfoil. But it was rejected and I got a note from IRCC that, they cannot amend Temporary resident visa counterfoil. Meanwhile, I have reapplied for temporary resident visa and with new application, the applicant details in the website are still updated with old wrong name. I have raised a webform and there is no response yet. I have been trying to reach ircc by call, and it has been nearly impossible to reach them by call.

Also, I would like to know if I go out of country and while coming back, if the name on the counterfoil is of wrong spelling, then can I prove that by showing my work permit and other govt ID and can safely come in to Canada?

In this regard, I request you to please guide me in this situation and help me by suggesting what to do next

thanks,