+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV without physical work permit

Adnan2110

Feb 6, 2024
Unfortunately, I recently had to travel to India due to a family emergency involving my seriously ill grandmother, who, tragically, passed away. Amidst this difficult time, I encountered several challenges with my immigration documents. While my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) was approved, the physical copy was not delivered to my address. Subsequently, I promptly contacted IRCC to update my address and request a reissuance of the permit. However, despite my efforts, it has been five weeks, and it has been not sent out. I already tried calling them and asking them to send out as soon as possible.

During this period, I applied for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) using my approval letter. Unfortunately, due to mistakes in the application, it was refused. In light of these circumstances, I am uncertain about the best course of action moving forward. Because I have my work commitments.

Would it be advisable to wait for the physical work permit before reapplying for the TRV? Alternatively, should I submit a letter explaining my situation along with the approval letter for the TRV application?

Your prompt guidance and assistance in this matter would be immensely appreciated.