+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV within Canada passport return - URGENT

Asher89

Sep 9, 2014
My timeline
Application online: 02 Nov 2017
Passport Request: 02 Nov 2017 (within 10 hours, i got the request. i was like yay!!!)
Passport received ottawa: 06 Nov 2017.
Nothing after that..
i got the passport on Dec 4. Just an update for you guys. so that you can estimate yours.

ModestDame

Dec 12, 2017
Hi everyone. I’ve been reading your posts and I want to share my timeline too.

Submitted my application: November 8, 2017
Paspport request: November 20, 2017
Passport sent: November 21, 2017
Passport received in Ottawa: November 22, 2017
Application changed from submitted to approved: December 7, 2017
Tracker activated:
Passport received:

My flight was originally scheduled on December 1st, but I had to cancel it because of the delay.

I called CIC on November 29th. The agent instructed me to send an email which I did, and I attached my itinerary as well.

I received a response saying they cannot expedite unless there is extenuating circumstance like medical condition or death.

I called CIC again on December 9th since I know that the application has been approved on the 7th. The agent told me that my visa has been printed and stamped on my passport but he cannot give a definite date though my passport should be dispatched shortly.

I waited. Nothing came.

I called CIC again today, December 12th. The agent told me that my passport is still being processed and is not yet dispatched.

She said they cannot do anything about it unless it has been 4 weeks since I send them the passport (which will be on December 20th).

This whole process is stressing me out. I told them I need to be back in Canada on January 2nd. Nothing they can do about it.

I hope we all get our passports soon.

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
I called them on Friday.
All i said, i understand the volume and delays but i applied 30days before.
Reconsidering the website time line which shows 14days. People trust every info on website, this info is misleading.
Must be changed to avoid disappointments.
The agent replied, my statement is taken on my profile and would transmit the same right away.
Not sure if it helpes

Dec 9, 2017
Hi everyone!

my timeline is
Application submitted: 14 Nov 2017
Passport requested: 22 Nov 2017
Passport received: 24 Nov 2017
Application approved with counterfoil: 9 Dec 2017
Tracker not activated yet, does anyone know how long it takes after approval?
Tracker activated today Dec 12th at 6:50pm.

aa0013

Dec 5, 2017
Hi guys, i am also in the same situation.. my timeline is
Application submitted: 3 nov 2017
Passport requested: 17 nov 2017
Application approved with counterfoil: 5dec 2017
Tracker still not activated yet
I called cic yesterday and they said its gone for final authorization but when i called in today morning they said your passport is ready and printed but they are not sure when will it be out for delivery.
I have my IELTS next Saturday and its really urgent. I am so worried and thinking if i can personally go to cpc ottawa to collect my passport. Please help if anyone knows about it.
Thanks
Finally guyz my tracker got activated yesterday evening and i am expecting my passport this evening.

Bianca1010

Dec 13, 2017
My timeline
Application online: 5 Nov 2017
Passport request: 20 Nov 2017
Passport received: 23 Nov 2017
Application approved: no
Return ttacker activated: not yet
flight: Dec 16

feeling hopeless
Hello,

It's 13th and wondering if you've received your passport?

Because I leave on Dec 19 and still the status on my application says "Submitted" though they've received my passport on Nov 30

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hello,

It's 13th and wondering if you've received your passport?

Because I leave on Dec 19 and still the status on my application says "Submitted" though they've received my passport on Nov 30
If your status is still submitted amd you are traveling on 19th Dec, I would highly suggest get ur dates changed.
It takes between 8-10days for the tracker to get activated after the status changes from submitted to Approved.

Bianca1010

Dec 13, 2017
If I cancel, Out of the 2400$ I've paid, I get just 100$ and the tickets for a later date, too expensive

This is a horrible situation and the CIC website is very misleading

Bianca1010

Dec 13, 2017
If your status is still submitted amd you are traveling on 19th Dec, I would highly suggest get ur dates changed.
It takes between 8-10days for the tracker to get activated after the status changes from submitted to Approved.
If I cancel, Out of the 2400$ I've paid, I get just 100$ and the tickets for a later date, too expensive

This is a horrible situation and the CIC website is very misleading