+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV within Canada passport return - URGENT

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
HI
They wont update you regarding they receiving your Passport, the tracker is the only way we can know if it was delivered. Speaking of which, they are taking tremendous high time than usual.

My timeline
Application online: 05 Nov 2017
Passport request: 18 Nov 2017
Passport received by Ottawa 21 Nov 2017.
Till now no update. Tracker dint even got activated.
Called IRCC as it exceeded the number of days. I was informed due to season and heavy applications volume, its taking time. Anywhere from 2-4 weeks from the date Passport was delivered to Ottawa.
Sad but true.
Hope we all get our Passport soon.
Do update your timeline please.
Thank you

Asher89

Sep 9, 2014
My timeline
Application online: 02 Nov 2017
Passport Request: 02 Nov 2017 (within 10 hours, i got the request. i was like yay!!!)
Passport received ottawa: 06 Nov 2017.
Nothing after that..

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Now I have a confusion. When we say application approved does it means under my account my applications instead of submitted it changes to approved? OR when you go in your application it says application approved. You need to send your original Passport to finalise the application.

In my case on main page it still says submitted, yes when i go inside my application it shows applicaton status Approved

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
it will change to Approved and will have your passport info and the counterfoil number. Canada Post tracking showed my passport was received on the 7th and my online acct changed to approved on the 24th. still don’t have my passport back

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Oh well I have been under misconception.
My Passport request came on 18th and same day inside my application where it shows which stage application is, it said application approved and i need to send my PP.
Even till today my main status is submitted.
Guess its way long by the time i get my passports back.
Only hope i see. Someone on other thread with similar dates had their status changed to approved and very next day tracker got activated.

Guess wrong time to apply for TRV. Regret for not applying in advance, had nothing to loose.

rs94

Dec 3, 2017
I sent my passport on Oct 31st and they recieved it by November 6th. My main status has also changed to approved and everything seems set but I still havent received my passport.

I called them and they said it hasnt been sent yet, the TRV has only just been printed. I applied on October 17th.

Jaijai27

Feb 28, 2013
it will change to Approved and will have your passport info and the counterfoil number. Canada Post tracking showed my passport was received on the 7th and my online acct changed to approved on the 24th. still don’t have my passport back
Hi. Any update on your passport? Mine got approved on nov 29, still haven’t got it back. I am so worried, i have a flight on the 12th so i dont know what should i do. I got an email from Ottawa that they cannot expedite any applications unless it is a medical emergency.

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hi. Any update on your passport? Mine got approved on nov 29, still haven’t got it back. I am so worried, i have a flight on the 12th so i dont know what should i do. I got an email from Ottawa that they cannot expedite any applications unless it is a medical emergency.
Dum.part is. I have medical emergency and i supplied tge doctor letter and yet nothing.
All is submitted not even approved.
Yes when i go inside my application its says your application is approved. You must send us your passpoer to complete the process.
However a lot of them here says, the main page status changes from submitted to Approved.
Confused as hell

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014

tracker just activated today

Reactions: mo82

mo82

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014

tracker just activated today
Yayy.
Can u let me know ur detailed timeline. So that I get idea where I am standing please.
Also did you got any notification or email from CIC when they dispatched your PP OR was it just the tracker you kept watching?
THX

Last edited:

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
Yayy.
Can u let me know ur detailed timeline. So that I get idea where I am standing please.
Also did you got any notification or email from CIC when they dispatched your PP OR was it just the tracker you kept watching?
THX
Applied: October 19th
Passport Request: November 2nd
Passport received at CPP Ottawa: November 8th
Status changed to approved: November 24th
Tracker activated: December 4

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
No notification but they did send a reply to the emails I sent last week that my application was finalized and passport will be sent today.