+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV within Canada - after PGWP

Ka3114

Jun 20, 2021
Hello Guys,
I have applied for TRV after receiving my PGWP within Canada it was an online application.
My application was submitted on June 27th, 2023.
I have not heard anything from the application, although the website says it would take 20 days. Its going to be close to a month now. Anyone who applied the same time or has an idea how long the TRV application (online) is generally take to process? Would like to know timelines to get an idea?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello Guys,
I have applied for TRV after receiving my PGWP within Canada it was an online application.
My application was submitted on June 27th, 2023.
I have not heard anything from the application, although the website says it would take 20 days. Its going to be close to a month now. Anyone who applied the same time or has an idea how long the TRV application (online) is generally take to process? Would like to know timelines to get an idea?
That is only guidelines not a guarantee. Have patience, it hasn't been a month yet. Are you in need of it right away to travel?

bvonthenove

Jul 17, 2023
Hi I’m in the same boat. Applied for a TRV after study permit extension approval on June 28th, no decision yet. My last status was “final decision: your application is in progress” on July 4. I can find my visa document number and expiration date on IRCC tracker but still no PPR. Called IRCC and submitted webforms multiple times, no update. Current TRV expires on July 31.
I’m traveling to my home country on July 28 due to family emergency I hope I can get a decision so I can stamp my passport there, I need to come back in September for university. If I don’t get my visa then I’m abandoning my studies in Canada then

bvonthenove

Jul 17, 2023
That is only guidelines not a guarantee. Have patience, it hasn't been a month yet. Are you in need of it right away to travel?
It makes no sense though, I have friends who applied later than me and got their PPR in two weeks, some even within a week but I’ve waited for almost a month

Ka3114

Jun 20, 2021
It makes no sense though, I have friends who applied later than me and got their PPR in two weeks, some even within a week but I’ve waited for almost a month
Thanks for commenting.... I agree !! i don't understand how they are processing the applications. Let me know if u get any updates!!

Cherry661

Dec 9, 2023
Did anyone of you get an update? It’s been almost 3 months I applied, called IRCC almost everyday and submitted webform twice and nothing