+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV with USA Visa

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
My spouse has USA visit visa . I am a PR in canada and inviting her on a visitor visa. She is currently in France working but citizenship is India. I have still not applied for a PR sponsorship for her. We are planning to apply under the outland category later.

My question is, she has family in the US. Will it help in our TRV application to show that she will be visiting her sister in the USA and then she will be visiting me for a couple of weeks before returning to France, where she is currently working. Or showing a trip to the USA is not helpful ?

It also means we will have to show more airline tickets from france to usa to canada and then back to FRance.

she plans to be with me for a couple of weeks.

thanks.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
include the information in the visitor visa application that she will be visiting her sister in the USA and will use the opportunity to travel from USA to visit you in Canada before returning to France......the visitor visa application is likely to e approved if your wife could convince the visa officer that she has strong ties to France and will return to France where is currently a resident.

Temporary residents: Eligibility and admissibility considerations

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
My husband also resides in France but he is Algerian. He has a US visa, he was still denied for a TRV. I ordered the officer notes and it seems that the us visa was a good point. However we were still denied because they felt he didn’t not have enough ties to his home country.

Make sure that you provide proof in regard to her employment contract and if she has a lease in her name or a car title. Anything that would prove that she had a lot to loose if she does not go back to France.

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
My husband also resides in France but he is Algerian. He has a US visa, he was still denied for a TRV. I ordered the officer notes and it seems that the us visa was a good point. However we were still denied because they felt he didn’t not have enough ties to his home country.

Make sure that you provide proof in regard to her employment contract and if she has a lease in her name or a car title. Anything that would prove that she had a lot to loose if she does not go back to France.
thanks for the response. when you say US visa was a good point. do you mean just having it was good or did you show in your application that you would be travelling to US as well ? also did you eventually manage to get your trv ?

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
thanks for the response. when you say US visa was a good point. do you mean just having it was good or did you show in your application that you would be travelling to US as well ? also did you eventually manage to get your trv ?
We traveled together to the US last summer, so I think having it was good.

We were denied in last December. My husband is in between jobs at the moment, although he had no intention of overstaying they were not convinced he was going to go back to France.

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
We traveled together to the US last summer, so I think having it was good.

We were denied in last December. My husband is in between jobs at the moment, although he had no intention of overstaying they were not convinced he was going to go back to France.
perfect thanks so much. just one last thing, did he have a job in France at the time of applying for the TRV visa. my wife is working as a doctor in france and she has no intention of overstaying at all. lets see what happens. thanks for your help and advise.

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
No he did not, that’s one of the reason for the refusal.

When you send your visa application, you can add additional proof. Send everything that ties your wife to France: work contract, lease, ...

Reactions: downtoplanet

downtoplanet

Jan 17, 2019
No he did not, that’s one of the reason for the refusal.

When you send your visa application, you can add additional proof. Send everything that ties your wife to France: work contract, lease, ...
thanks so much for all the info. sorry to so probing. just want to get the best application possible ... in this week.