+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV while application in mussissauga for PR!!!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

mississauga has received my Application yesterday for a spousal sponsorship--we lived together for more than 6 months in the London and now she is back to Canada while i m still living in the UK :(, our first baby is due in mid of may--that's the reason she is back to canada where she will be well taken care by her mother and other family members, (i live here alone)

i just wanted to ask if i stand any chance of getting a TRV so that i can be there for my wife when our baby arrives, i have no intentions of staying there since i have a good job here and it takes longer if i get my application transferd to Canada for further processing.

i just want to be there for couple of weeks and then back to London where i have opted my application for PR to be processed, do you guys think i should go for a TRV and what are the possibilities?--i desperately want to be there at that important time of our lives!

how much funds do i need to show for couple of weeks and if i need any sponsorship letter from my wife?, her doctor is willing to provide us a letter stating that it would be a good idea if i am there at that time!

ant help would be appreciated, thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsbalouch said:
Hello!

mississauga has received my Application yesterday for a spousal sponsorship--we lived together for more than 6 months in the London and now she is back to Canada while i m still living in the UK :(, our first baby is due in mid of may--that's the reason she is back to canada where she will be well taken care by her mother and other family members, (i live here alone)

i just wanted to ask if i stand any chance of getting a TRV so that i can be there for my wife when our baby arrives, i have no intentions of staying there since i have a good job here and it takes longer if i get my application transferd to Canada for further processing.

i just want to be there for couple of weeks and then back to London where i have opted my application for PR to be processed, do you guys think i should go for a TRV and what are the possibilities?--i desperately want to be there at that important time of our lives!

how much funds do i need to show for couple of weeks and if i need any sponsorship letter from my wife?, her doctor is willing to provide us a letter stating that it would be a good idea if i am there at that time!

ant help would be appreciated, thanks

With a PR application "in the works", or likely to be, there are a few things to consider.
When a spouse is outside of Canada and requires a visa to visit their partner in Canada, a TRV is rarely granted.
Immigration officers often believe that there is too high a risk of the visitor overstaying the visit.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that makes sense but i have read stories here on this forum of people getting a TRV while their Application for PR in process, just in case if i give it a shot would that effect my Application for PR in anyway?

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
I'm on the same side of the fence but the opposite situation... I'll be interested what others have to say for your case.

I'm pregnant (but the applicant), my husband is Canadian and I'm wanting to enter on a visitor visa while waiting for the PR.

I thought if you had a return ticket and could show some evidence of ties waiting for you back 'home' then you should be granted your TRV. But that's the challenge there are no guarantees.... at least you won't be the one waddling through immigration with a basketball belly trying to convince anyone it's just going to be a short visit :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsbalouch said:
that makes sense but i have read stories here on this forum of people getting a TRV while their Application for PR in process, just in case if i give it a shot would that effect my Application for PR in anyway?
I agree that there is nothing to prevent someone from applying, however, they should be aware of the current situation.
Remember I said "rarely granted" not, "never granted".