+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV: Waiting for passport from Newyork

yugesh83

Sep 13, 2012
I have applied for TRV at canadian consulate in Newyork. I sent the documents to them on Aug 24 by USPS express mail. I have a appointment in Canada on October 1st. Can anybody let me know if I would get the passport within that time.

I send them email enquiring about the status, but no reply. Any help is appreciated.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
yugesh83 said:
I have applied for TRV at canadian consulate in Newyork. I sent the documents to them on Aug 24 by USPS express mail. I have a appointment in Canada on October 1st. Can anybody let me know if I would get the passport within that time.

I send them email enquiring about the status, but no reply. Any help is appreciated.
Why didn't you go there in person?...it would have be the same day processing.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
yugesh83 said:
I realized that after sending. It was my mistake.I don't know I can get it if I go in person now..
Try to call the office if you can...or you have to patiently wait for them to respond back to you!!!

visas urg

Sep 15, 2012
Hi
I am in the same situation,
They received my documents on August 29th, but I need to go to canada at the end of this month.
let me know if you get your passport back or any solution
thank you
PS: even if you call, you will not be able to reach the visas section

yugesh83

Sep 13, 2012
Hi,

I got my passport back on 15th September. It took me exactly 14 business days for me to get my passport back. They mailed it on 14th September and I got the next day. So keep checking your return USPS express mail envelope number so that you will have an idea if they posted it.

Hoping you will also get in the same time.

jadejumo_69

Jan 28, 2012

How many days does it takes to process your Visa. I applied for TRV on Aug,8th 2012 I have not heard anything back from them. I will like to hear from you soon

fyasin

Sep 24, 2012
i got mine in 11 business days on 17th Sept, 2012 but in my case the visa was rejected for my wife :(

helogclaro

Nov 8, 2012
They got my application in October 10. Any chance I will receive it back by November 14?? I will be a bridesmaid in Brazil and I need my passport back...

haoranlu

Sep 25, 2012
helogclaro said:
They got my application in October 10. Any chance I will receive it back by November 14?? I will be a bridesmaid in Brazil and I need my passport back...
hey man, they accepted my application on Sep 27th and I heard nothing from them yet. So as long as I do not receive my passport back I think you won't get yours back.

thedele

Nov 11, 2012
I sent my application my mail to NYC too, and it reached October 5. No word from them as yet. I'm getting really stressed because I have a flight booked to my home country next week, and I want my passport back, whether they give the visa or not! If anyone has a contact number for the consulate where I can get a human to answer me, please let me know.

haoranlu

Sep 25, 2012
thedele said:
I sent my application my mail to NYC too, and it reached October 5. No word from them as yet. I'm getting really stressed because I have a flight booked to my home country next week, and I want my passport back, whether they give the visa or not! If anyone has a contact number for the consulate where I can get a human to answer me, please let me know.
I have to say, man, just change the flight or withdraw your application which will cause you to loss your application fee. They accepted my application for trv on Sep 27th. I check my status. it is still in process. As long as there are a bunch of people like me who submitted application in Sep and didn't get their passport back, I think you need to wait much more longer than us.

thedele

Nov 11, 2012
haorunlu, how did you check your status? I am not able to contact them by phone, fax, or e-mail. I've sent them many e-mails asking to withdraw my application in the last few days, and haven't heard anything.

Worst consulate in the world!

haoranlu

Sep 25, 2012
thedele said:
haorunlu, how did you check your status? I am not able to contact them by phone, fax, or e-mail. I've sent them many e-mails asking to withdraw my application in the last few days, and haven't heard anything.

Worst consulate in the world!
Honestly, there is no way you could check your status. I only checked once by e-mail. They mailed me back my file number and the status of my case. If you e-mail them to withdraw, they will do that for you but the only thing that matters is when they will do that for you. I think if you really need your passport back, you should go to the consulate yourself and get it back.