+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Visitor Application Online from U.S.

regarzy

Jan 27, 2015
I am an international student on F1 visa in the United States. Applied for a visitor's visa to Canada on Jan 22nd, got submission confirmation right after. Jan 23rd I got a message saying "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information."

Is anyone else in the same boat? Mind sharing your timeline?

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regarzy said:
I am an international student on F1 visa in the United States. Applied for a visitor's visa to Canada on Jan 22nd, got submission confirmation right after. Jan 23rd I got a message saying "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information."

Is anyone else in the same boat? Mind sharing your timeline?
Before the approval you will get at least 2-3 of this update messages.

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
I applied on Jan 15 and got these type of messages two times and one time even it said on the site that Updated but when I checked no news Just saying OPEN.

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regarzy said:
Thanks! Generally how frequently do they send these updates?
Applied Dec 16, got update email on Dec 17, Dec 18 and Jan 23.

I think as they are going through the checklist and updating some information or steps in their system, we are getting update email for that.

regarzy

Jan 27, 2015
msh_ca said:
Applied Dec 16, got update email on Dec 17, Dec 18 and Jan 23.

I think as they are going through the checklist and updating some information or steps in their system, we are getting update email for that.
Gotta! Thanks for the info. So you've been waiting for a while. Why did people who applied last summer get their visas so fast?! Is there such a thing as "peak seasons"? If there is any I'd expect it to be the summer time....

regarzy

Jan 27, 2015
Emails saying "updates" were sent on January 23th and 29th, without actually any updates in the CIC account.
Then another update on February 4th, says the status is "Cancelled". Anyone had the same issue before?

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
regarzy said:
Emails saying "updates" were sent on January 23th and 29th, without actually any updates in the CIC account.
Then another update on February 4th, says the status is "Cancelled". Anyone had the same issue before?
I think it is better to call CIC.

skepar

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Macedonia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Forum Friends,

Is it required to sign the application forms during Online application?
If Yes - How to do that?

Thanks

regarzy

Jan 27, 2015
Typed names suffice as signatures.

skepar said:
Dear Forum Friends,

Is it required to sign the application forms during Online application?
If Yes - How to do that?

Thanks