Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Ya the head office Ottawa said it was approved on April 10
Why are you keep on asking?
Then the MP office secretary told they were not sent any update after applying. Why would someone so pregnant would come to us every week to know the application status?

Then from Ottawa they mailed Delhi office regarding the issue and do same day we got passport request.

It was completely negligence by Delhi office.
really sorry to hear your story. I'm very disappointed with their service so far.

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
Just an update
We applied TRV on march 20th 2016.
Got ppr on May 15th.
Submitted passport on May16th.
Passport received after stamping on May 25th.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: senthilkumarank

Enggalal

Mar 24, 2013
Dear Bryanna,
I had applied before three months TRV in ABU Dhabi and unfortunately get refused for my application for travel history and current status of my immgrations. Then I have been contacted with my Uncle in Canada and prepare all the documents.
Then I applied for the second time as below:
17 May sent by VFS Dubai
18 May received by Canada embassy in Abu Dhabi
18 May I linked the application to my CIC account.
The processing time when I applied mentioned was 26 days and today passed more than 49 days and before a month is shown on my account as below:
Background Check: We are processing your background check. we will send a message if we need more information.
Application :Your application is in progress.
I am currently working in Dubai for more than 10+ as Engineering service Manager and have showed good ties here and in my original home country Yemen.
What I am asking you is it Normal processing time (as the first one get refuse during 10 days)?
I have attached my passport within second application.
Is it good signs or I have to withdraw my passport from them for training overseas?
Kindly advice me what should I do should be more patient and wait or what?
Really this is the most stressful period in my life with this unfair process.
Appreciated guys for this great and valuble forum to response to all inquiries.
I need your advice guys.

Star22chillax

Jun 28, 2017
Dear Bryanna,
I had applied before three months TRV in ABU Dhabi and unfortunately get refused for my application for travel history and current status of my immgrations. Then I have been contacted with my Uncle in Canada and prepare all the documents.
17 May sent by VFS Dubai
The processing time when I applied mentioned was 26 days and today passed more than 49 days and before a month is shown on my account as below:
Background Check: We are processing your background check. we will send a message if we need more information.
I am currently working in Dubai for more than 10+ as Engineering service Manager and have showed good ties here and in my original home country Yemen.
What I am asking you is it Normal processing time (as the first one get refuse during 10 days)?
Is it good signs or I have to withdraw my passport from them for training overseas?
I need your advice guys.

Same here too....applied on may 28. Till now application is on progress...

az420

Jun 29, 2017
Dear Bryanna,
17 May sent by VFS Dubai
I need your advice guys.
Dear Bryanna,

I am in the same situation, today is 43rd day (applied 23rd May, received 24th May by embassy Abu Dhabi) no response from the embassy as I've sent them an email + tried to send a CSE as well. Kindly advice as I had put my travel dates to be 15th July.

Enggalal

Mar 24, 2013
Dear Bryanna,

I am in the same situation, today is 43rd day (applied 23rd May, received 24th May by embassy Abu Dhabi) no response from the embassy as I've sent them an email + tried to send a CSE as well. Kindly advice as I had put my travel dates to be 15th July.
All of us on the same boat. I have been sent many e-mails to the Canadian counsalte and embassy but unfortunately received no response. I have also sent two Case specific enquiry and not responds too. I have been cancel my Ticket and cost my 800 AED for cancellation.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Processing times stated on the IRCC website are only estimated. Actual time will depend on the application.

As IRCC is running background checks on your application, there's no guessing how long it could take. Most background checks (straightforward cases) are completed in about two months.

Do you have an overseas visit scheduled? If yes, when?

It's best to wait patiently. There's nothing much you can do. So, try not to think too much about your application.

Don't get stressed
:)

Enggalal

Mar 24, 2013
Processing times stated on the IRCC website are only estimated. Actual time will depend on the application.

As IRCC is running background checks on your application, there's no guessing how long it could take. Most background checks (straightforward cases) are completed in about two months.

It's best to wait patiently. There's nothing much you can do. So, try not to think too much about your application.

Don't get stressed
:)

Yes. Maybe during the last of this weekend have to visit my family in another country.
my concern as you know when you place your application in VFS. There are two option as(1-attach your Passport with your application or 2- send your application and then when you get the request of the passport .then you send it).
I have been gone with the first option that attached the passport with my application .
then my Question is if I will request my passport back from the embassy. is there any option they will cancel my application and rejected or I can request my passport back normally and the process of my application is go on without rejected?
please advice me regarding my question .

Don't get stressed :)
seriously I am depressed about the delay and I do not know what should I do and for long how will hold my application !!

az420

Jun 29, 2017

Yes. Maybe during the last of this weekend have to visit my family in another country.
my concern as you know when you place your application in VFS. There are two option as(1-attach your Passport with your application or 2- send your application and then when you get the request of the passport .then you send it).
I have been gone with the first option that attached the passport with my application .
then my Question is if I will request my passport back from the embassy. is there any option they will cancel my application and rejected or I can request my passport back normally and the process of my application is go on without rejected?

Don't get stressed :)
seriously I am depressed about the delay and I do not know what should I do and for long how will hold my application !!
Everyone is in the same boat my friend. I also need to travel by end of the month to my country but since my passport is with them, just being patient with it. It is in progress, we will hear about it soon hopefully.

I already inquired about this from VFS..if you need your passport back, send an email to vfs dubai and ask them. They will send you a form which you have to fill and submit to them, it will take 4-5 days and you will have your passport back. It will not affect your application in any way. If you get accepted they will ask you to submit it back again.

Hope this helps.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
my Question is if I will request my passport back from the embassy. is there any option they will cancel my application and rejected or I can request my passport back normally and the process of my application is go on without rejected?

You can request the visa office to return your passport as you will be traveling abroad shortly. You must email + send a Case Specific Enquiry. Do include copies of your tickets to see your family.

You must state that you are NOT withdrawing your TRV application, and you will be happy to re-submit your passport when the visa office requests it.

There's nothing much you can do. Worrying and getting depressed won't expedite a decision.

Your application is taking a bit longer than other applications. However, there are cases which are taking far longer than yours. Some retired military applicants haven't received decisions even after nearly one year. So you can imagine how they feel

Don't lose hope :)

Enggalal

Mar 24, 2013
Thank
Everyone is in the same boat my friend. I also need to travel by end of the month to my country but since my passport is with them, just being patient with it. It is in progress, we will hear about it soon hopefully.

I already inquired about this from VFS..if you need your passport back, send an email to vfs dubai and ask them. They will send you a form which you have to fill and submit to them, it will take 4-5 days and you will have your passport back. It will not affect your application in any way. If you get accepted they will ask you to submit it back again.

Hope this helps.
Thank you guys for all your support. I have been contacted with VFS and it's true that you can request your passport back withiout affect your application process.
We will wait and inshaAllah will get the positive response at this week.

Enggalal

Mar 24, 2013
You can request the visa office to return your passport as you will be traveling abroad shortly. You must email + send a Case Specific Enquiry. Do include copies of your tickets to see your family.

You must state that you are NOT withdrawing your TRV application, and you will be happy to re-submit your passport when the visa office requests it.

There's nothing much you can do. Worrying and getting depressed won't expedite a decision.

Your application is taking a bit longer than other applications. However, there are cases which are taking far longer than yours. Some retired military applicants haven't received decisions even after nearly one year. So you can imagine how they feel

Don't lose hope :)
Dear Bryanna
that's very true that we can't do much except wait. I never lose hope and I am looking forward to hear from them in positive response .
thank you very much for your valuable support.