+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV-Visiting Visa applied online on March 15, 2017

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
what should I do now? Cancel my TRV application and apply for apermit or should I wait?
Your visa application is at an advanced stage. Withdrawing your application will not help. It's best to wait it out for a decision.

In the meanwhile, you could try linking your paper application to your online MyCIC account to check for any additional updates

alibangali

May 22, 2017
Your visa application is at an advanced stage. Withdrawing your application will not help. It's best to wait it out for a decision.

In the meanwhile, you could try linking your paper application to your online MyCIC account to check for any additional updates
Thanks Bryanna. I already linked my application to online account. The only update showing is that they have received my application and they will inform me when they need any information. Final decision is in progress. Is there a chance that they still need more information from me? It is already 13 days past from the last call from ndvo.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna. I already linked my application to online account. The only update showing is that they have received my application and they will inform me when they need any information. Final decision is in progress. Is there a chance that they still need more information from me? It is already 13 days past from the last call from ndvo.
No, if the visa office needs any additional information, you will be notified in this MyCIC account

Last edited:

alexdis

May 24, 2017
Where do your parents live?

Can you include some reason/evidence to request for an expedited decision? For example, are your parents also traveling to the US and then visiting Canada?
Hello Bryanna,

I need your support and help

My Parents visa have been refused due to genuine mistake by them on the application form.

they by mistake did not specify that there VISA for US and UK were refused .

However parents have submitted old + New passports in paper application [ no intention to hide thngs ]

refusal reason is as below :-

YOU HAVE FAILED TO DISCLOSE THAT YOU WERE PREVIOUSLY REFUSED A VISA FOR CANADA AND/OR ANOTHER COUNTRY. THIS HAS DEMINISHED THE OVERALL CREDIBILITY OF YOUR APPLICATION.YOU HAVE NOT DEMONSTRATED THE SUFFICIENTLY STRONG TIES TO YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE.

Would request you to help me to overcome this as VO has given the chance to reapply , no ban or anything given

please forward me with the support of LOE in good words so i can do that

please suggest :-
  • should i reapply or appeal ( i think i should re apply as appeal may be not right choice]
  • grand daughter is so keen to see them
  • no other reason as like less finance or anything
  • will submit MP letter with Letter of explanation
  • can you please forward me the letter if you can to justify this
please help

alexdis

May 24, 2017
Hello Bryanna,

I need your support and help

My Parents visa have been refused due to genuine mistake by them on the application form.

they by mistake did not specify that there VISA for US and UK were refused .

However parents have submitted old + New passports in paper application [ no intention to hide thngs ]

refusal reason is as below :-

YOU HAVE FAILED TO DISCLOSE THAT YOU WERE PREVIOUSLY REFUSED A VISA FOR CANADA AND/OR ANOTHER COUNTRY. THIS HAS DEMINISHED THE OVERALL CREDIBILITY OF YOUR APPLICATION.YOU HAVE NOT DEMONSTRATED THE SUFFICIENTLY STRONG TIES TO YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE.

Would request you to help me to overcome this as VO has given the chance to reapply , no ban or anything given

please forward me with the support of LOE in good words so i can do that

please suggest :-
  • should i reapply or appeal ( i think i should re apply as appeal may be not right choice]
  • grand daughter is so keen to see them
  • no other reason as like less finance or anything
  • will submit MP letter with Letter of explanation
  • can you please forward me the letter if you can to justify this
please help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@alexdis

Just to be doubly sure:
1. The refusal reason for misrepresentation i.e. Section 40(1) has not been checked in the refusal letter, right?
2. Your parents have not been given 30 days to respond to the visa officer's letter, right?

If it's 'No' to both questions then your parents are lucky. I guess the visa officer took a lenient view as they had submitted their old passports but they had unintentionally forgotten to declare the other refusals in the TRV form.

You're right. Appeals will not work as your parents will not be successful given this error in the TRV applications. It's best to reapply.

A Letter of Explanation will also not work 100%. What will work is actual hard evidence of their ties + financial situation.

A letter from your MP will also not help.

1. How long did they want to visit? Purpose of their visit?

2. What ties can they show to their home country: Employment/business + family + financial situation + previous travel history, etc

3. Do post the list of documents which they had submitted as it will be easier to advise

kiranone

Sep 10, 2014
Hi all....

I got my daughter's PPR today......
Thanks bryanna and all of you for your help........
Hope all you hear godd news soon.....
I applied on Mar-25 online

Kiran

alexdis

May 24, 2017
@alexdis

Hello Bryanna

Thanking you so much for your great quick response.

Please find the below information.
for the below Queries answer s ' NO '

no section [40] [1] has not been checked ,
we are not given 30 days to respond, it's direct refusal with chance given to reapply as below :-

VO mentioned in the refusal letter :=

You are welcome to reapply if you fee that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that situation meets the requirement. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee

and then put the below reason under category of [other reason]with check mark

YOU HAVE FAILED TO DISCLOSE THAT YOU WERE PREVIOUSLY REFUSED A VISA FOR CANADA AND/OR ANOTHER COUNTRY.THIS HAS DIMINISHED THE OVERALL CREDIBILITY OF YOUR APPLICATION.YOU HAVE NOT DEMONSTRATED THE SUFFICIENTLY STRONG TIES TO YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE.

->I have invited them for my Daughter's 5th birthday celebration and to visit famous places in the invitation letter
-> However, In the Invitation Letter we mentioned that they will go before visa expires before 6 months
-> We are on PR Visa ( me , my wife and daughter and since 1 year we are in canada
-> both are working fine and submitted T4 and submitted NOA for my wife too,
-> my NOA was not sent as i have not had it that time.
-> Funds in Canada we showed is $22000

2. What ties can they show to their home country: Employment/business + family + financial situation + previous travel history, etc

-> they own two homes [ 1 on dad's name[currently living] + 1 on my mom's Name ]
-> mom's home is given on rent. [ they receive rental income every month ]
-> my brother and his family[wife+kids] also lives with my parents
-> dad is self employed and mom is homemaker [housewife]
->no travel history at all [ refusal for UK and US ]

3. Do post the list of documents which they had submitted as it will be easier to advise

-> bank statements from home country [all amount is converted in CAD $ ]
-> Chartered accountant's reports for finance showing liquid movable funds i [$55650] and immovable assets [$106000]
-> House Valuation reports for both homes as immovable assets
-> affidavit of marriage certificate for my mom and dad
-> education docs for parents
->passports old +new for both of them

What else you are advising bryanna that we should add to the next application we make ?

Please advise and help , i am ready to provide any more information you need from me.

My daughter is really desperate to see them...

Appreciate your support Bryanna.

Just to be doubly sure:

1. The refusal reason for misrepresentation i.e. Section 40(1) has not been checked in the refusal letter, right?
2. Your parents have not been given 30 days to respond to the visa officer's letter, right?

If it's 'No' to both questions then your parents are lucky. I guess the visa officer took a lenient view as they had submitted their old passports but they had unintentionally forgotten to declare the other refusals in the TRV form.

You're right. Appeals will not work as your parents will not be successful given this error in the TRV applications. It's best to reapply.

A Letter of Explanation will also not work 100%. What will work is actual hard evidence of their ties + financial situation.

A letter from your MP will also not help.

3. Do post the list of documents which they had submitted as it will be easier to advise[/QUOTE]

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
-> bank statements from home country [all amount is converted in CAD $ ]
-> Chartered accountant's reports for finance showing liquid movable funds i [$55650] and immovable assets [$106000]
-> House Valuation reports for both homes as immovable assets
-> affidavit of marriage certificate for my mom and dad
-> education docs for parents
->passports old +new for both of them

What else you are advising bryanna that we should add to the next application we make ?

Please advise and help , i am ready to provide any more information you need from me.

My daughter is really desperate to see them...

Appreciate your support Bryanna.
Do share more information, especially for:

3. Were they refused for any other reason?

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Hi Nithya,

Do take care of yourself. Don't get stressed by this.

You can send an email to request a decision only for your mom

Cheers
Dear they are not all replying for anything.
No reply for so many mails.
My dad sent a mail 2 days back as usual receding an automated mail.

I am dawn sure they haven't opened the file yet

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear they are not all replying for anything.
No reply for so many mails.
My dad sent a mail 2 days back as usual receding an automated mail.

I am dawn sure they haven't opened the file yet
Maybe you can request your MP's office to check the reason for the delay. Hopefully your MP will have some information by next week