+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV-Visiting Visa applied online on March 15, 2017

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is there a chance to get this happen ??
There's zero chance that any of your applications have been lost by the visa office.

If an applicant has worked in the defense services/police/judiciary/government office then it is possible that there are background checks

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
There's zero chance that any of your applications have been lost by the visa office.

If an applicant has worked in the defense services/police/judiciary/government office then it is possible that there are background checks

For trv dont u think this time period is too much.
All their leaves are goin waste.

Is it possible like if the officer has gone on leave the files under him will be on hold?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
For trv dont u think this time period is too much.
All their leaves are goin waste.
Hi Nithya,

Hope your parents applied for tentative leave dates depending on when the TRVs will be issued.

Is it possible like if the officer has gone on leave the files under him will be on hold?
That does not happen in visitor visa applications. There are many visa officers who work in IRCC. Files will not slip into a pile/on-hold list if one visa officer goes on leave.

Also, the groundwork i.e. checking the basics of the application is done by other visa office staff. Then the file is transferred to any available visa officer for assessment. So, it's not like one visa officer handles the entire application from scratch to finish.

Another weekend is round the corner. And, the waiting/guessing game can get stressful. Try not to think about the current application status (although it is not easy to switch off from thinking). Hopefully your parents will get their TRVs next week

Cheers

hridayesh

Apr 17, 2017

Well this could very much be true.. both my in-laws have been in Government office, one has served in Army too.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well this could very much be true.. both my in-laws have been in Government office, one has served in Army too.
There's a thread by 'Prayas' for TRV applications filed by ex-defense services personnel. Some of these ex-army applicants have been waiting for TRV decisions since August last year due to background checks.

But, do remember that not all TRV applications filed by army/police/judiciary/government employees may take this long. For ex-army applicants, it would depend on whether or not s/he was posted to border areas.... or worked with sensitive information.... or served in a war, etc

May 5, 2017
Any updates guys?
hi nithya,
I applied on April 9 , and got a PPR today morning. It took 24 working days for me to get it . I'm not sure if I can say that my visa has been approved solely on PPR, I'm jut hoping it's approved.

Are you a permanent resident of Canada ? If you are , it might explain why your application is taking too long. As far as i have seen, people who are permanent residents of Canada are having a harder time in getting Visa for their relatives. This might be because the embassy can grant Visa only if there's sufficient evidence showing that their relatives will leave Canada at the end of their holiday. I'm no expert, but this is what I have noticed.

If there's any additional document that can show that they need to be India at a particular date after their holidays, i think you should try adding that to your application.

Have faith, hope everything works out in your favour.

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
hi nithya,
I applied on April 9 , and got a PPR today morning. It took 24 working days for me to get it . I'm not sure if I can say that my visa has been approved solely on PPR, I'm jut hoping it's approved.

Are you a permanent resident of Canada ? If you are , it might explain why your application is taking too long. As far as i have seen, people who are permanent residents of Canada are having a harder time in getting Visa for their relatives. This might be because the embassy can grant Visa only if there's sufficient evidence showing that their relatives will leave Canada at the end of their holiday. I'm no expert, but this is what I have noticed.

If there's any additional document that can show that they need to be India at a particular date after their holidays, i think you should try adding that to your application.

Have faith, hope everything works out in your favour.
Thank you for the good words
But its really frustrating
Got a mail yesterday and i was so eager to open it but when i did it stated no update about ur application.
It was an automated mail that we receive after every 30 days

It has been 60 days since we applied.

Atleast they shud send something like whats missing, y its gettin delayed some reason.

People do have other works, one cant jus scratch on this matter everyday.

It seriously affects mental state. :(