+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV VISA FOR AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SPOUSE

omolola

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
hello everyone please i need advice i'm in international student in canada. i just got married and i want my spouse to join me in canada. should i applied for visiting VISA or open work permit for him. If he come to joined as a visitor can he applied for open work permit inside canada. any information will be appreciated. thanks

malik85

Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, You can apply for the visit visa and later when he joins you, he can apply for open work permit. This is what i am doing but i believe you can do other way around as well. Depends on you.

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omolola said:
hello everyone please i need advice i'm in international student in canada. i just got married and i want my spouse to join me in canada. should i applied for visiting VISA or open work permit for him. If he come to joined as a visitor can he applied for open work permit inside canada. any information will be appreciated. thanks
Hey,

Did you applied TRV.

How long it took for you ?

I have applied TRV for my spouse. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

sparvez

Mar 11, 2013
Hi all. Hope that you are doing well.

I have one small query regarding Spouse open work permit application submission through online way.

My wife has also got the visitor visa and she is coming with me to Canada .After arriving there, i am planning to apply open work permit for my wife.For this purpose, what is the list of documents we have to upload for the open work permit application submission

From Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) official page, i came to know that the following 4 docs need to upload while applying for open work permit in canada

1.IMM 5710 application
2.Spouse r passport
3.Merriage certificate
4.Spouse r digital pic

But my concern is, from some other sites and sources i came to know that with the above four docs, we have to submit my study permit paper, letter from university and also financial bank statements which will show we have 10000+ 4000 CAD. But these papers has already been shown by us while we have applied for the visitor visa application.And also in online application sitre, there is no option to upload this papers.

It will be helpful for me if you help me with any concrete information regarding the above issue as it will help me to take preparayion in advance.

Thanks and Regards
Parvez