+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV visa extension for dependent (within Canada) . Need HELP

nalla83

Jun 13, 2017
Hi Friends,

Recently i have submitted 3 separate online applications to get TRV visa for myself and spouse and son.

Myself and spouse got the visa as we have work permits. But for my son i am getting IMM5708 instead of IMM 5257E.

I spoke to an CIS agent and they told visitor cannot apply for TRV visa with in canada and i need to send the paper application to New york.
(The only exception for visitor to apply TRV with in canada is that they should submit the application along with parent which i did not know initially and submitted 3 separate applications.

Kindly advice if anybody faced the similar situation.

deep789

Jul 23, 2017
Hello, i am in situation where have to apply for my kid's TRV extension. Please could you advise how you managed to sort out TRV extension for your son? As per CIC website, there is an option to submit online application, but suppose once approved, have to submit docs to NY.

Thanks

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hi Friends,

Recently i have submitted 3 separate online applications to get TRV visa for myself and spouse and son.

Myself and spouse got the visa as we have work permits. But for my son i am getting IMM5708 instead of IMM 5257E.

I spoke to an CIS agent and they told visitor cannot apply for TRV visa with in canada and i need to send the paper application to New york.
(The only exception for visitor to apply TRV with in canada is that they should submit the application along with parent which i did not know initially and submitted 3 separate applications.

Kindly advice if anybody faced the similar situation.
Hi nalla83, did you figure out eventually how to apply TRV for kids within Canada? I am in the situation now. Please advise. Thanks.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hello, i am in situation where have to apply for my kid's TRV extension. Please could you advise how you managed to sort out TRV extension for your son? As per CIC website, there is an option to submit online application, but suppose once approved, have to submit docs to NY.

Thanks
Hi deep789, did you figure out eventually how to apply TRV for kids within Canada? Is it impossible? Please advise. Thanks.

nalla83

Jun 13, 2017
Hi nalla83, did you figure out eventually how to apply TRV for kids within Canada? I am in the situation now. Please advise. Thanks.
Hi deep789,

sorry for the delay. If the applicant has only "Visitor Record" then they cannot apply TRV from canada. So i didnt apply for 2017.

For 2018 i have applied through paper application and renewed for myself and my family.

When we apply ONLINE, the applications for primary member, spouse and child will splitted automatically.
Only primary applicant will get TRV approval. Others applications will not processed if they only have "Visitor Record".

hope this helps. thanks.

nalla83

Jun 13, 2017
Hi Shamrock16,

sorry for the delay. If the applicant has only "Visitor Record" then they cannot apply TRV from canada. So i didnt apply for 2017.

For 2018 i have applied through paper application and renewed for myself and my family.

When we apply ONLINE, the applications for primary member, spouse and child will splitted automatically.
Only primary applicant will get TRV approval. Others applications will not processed if they only have "Visitor Record".

hope this helps. thanks.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hi Shamrock16,

hope this helps. thanks.
Thank you so much nalla83. This is so useful information! Although I have applied on line and only mine was approved and my son's got delined. so I have to wait until next year I guess. At least I know there is a way for that. Awsome!

nalla83

Jun 13, 2017
Thank you so much nalla83. This is so useful information! Although I have applied on line and only mine was approved and my son's got delined. so I have to wait until next year I guess. At least I know there is a way for that. Awsome!
thank you. Seems like there is another option for applicants with only visitor record and want to apply TRV. I came to know that we can send paper application to Canada visa processing center located outside of canada (for example Newyork is nearest location outside of canada). But i didnt try as few people mentioned that it may get rejections. Also we are sending passport outside of country in that case.

ravinderonly

Jul 5, 2020
Hi All/nalla83
I want to know if we submit all the applications(1 closed WP, 1 open WP, 1 Student Permit(9 years) & 1 visitor (3 years) under one account online. Will that make any difference for getting approval for all? As paper based applications are on hold from last almost 4 months.

prabhash ray

Feb 20, 2021
Hi All/nalla83
I want to know if we submit all the applications(1 closed WP, 1 open WP, 1 Student Permit(9 years) & 1 visitor (3 years) under one account online. Will that make any difference for getting approval for all? As paper based applications are on hold from last almost 4 months.

Hi ravinderonly, Did you apply online, I am also trying but getting IMM 5708 for my wife and son instead of IMM 5257, please advise if you have applied online.