+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV visa 5257 forms questions

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
HI all

I am having couple of query while filing 5257 forms for mt parents who is in india .

• Funds available for my stay (CAD) - how much min amount required to add can i add $1000.
  • Are you able to communicate in English and/or French? - my parents dont know so what to add can i select 'Neighter' option
  • If your native language is not English or French, which language do you use most frequently? my parents dont know so what to add can i select 'Neighter' option
  • Do you consent to be contacted by CIC, or an organization at CIC’s request, in the future? (Y/N)what to add? i am planning to select 'Y'?
guide me

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
how much min amount required to add can i add $1000.
Your parents must declare the available funds which they have earned/currently have. For example, their bank balance + FDs (if not locked-in) + cash (if it can be proved as earned by them) + rental income + share dividends, etc etc..... basically, all liquid funds.

An unofficial guide: Each applicant must prove that s/he has CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare (not borrowed from anyone) + money to spare

my parents dont know so what to add can i select 'Neighter' option
If you are applying like as if you are the applicants then why 'Neither'?

Do you consent to be contacted by CIC, or an organization at CIC’s request, in the future? (Y/N)what to add? i am planning to select 'Y'?
Actually, there's no choice to this question. You must select 'Yes' else the applications will not be processed

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
HI
I am filling online application behalf of my parents i am in canada and parents are in india.
1. IMM5645 - family information - Here i have to fill parents info only or I have to add my family info also in same form
also first information is 'Applicant' so i have to add my name or father name who is actualy travelling?

2. IMM5713 - family member representative - whose information i have to fill here ? same all family members like i filled in above form?

guide me asap.
Thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The forms must be filled like as if your parents are filling them, not you.

Do read the Instruction Guide in-depth before you apply on their behalf. Here's the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp

IMM5713 is for appointing one of the family members as a representative from the group of family members who are applying together. This is NOT the 'Use of Representative' form for your parents.

You should be filling IMM5476 'Use of a Representative'.

Do check if you are filling the correct forms. Here's the list for India applications:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=IN#applications

Based on your posts, you have been struggling with the very basics or filling the wrong forms. I strongly recommend you hire a lawyer/travel agent + do go through this forum to understand how to present your parents' strong ties to India.

I'm sure you wouldn't want TRV refusals because you goofed up/you did not prepare their applications properly

Last edited: