+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV type issued as “visitor” for student

btejani

Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I extended my study permit in March and applied for TRV extension. I received my passport with visa stamp today and the new TRV they have stamped is of type “visitor”.
I am a student so I wonder why did they issue a visitor type TRV.
Has anyone experienced the same issue and contacted IRCC? What was their response?

I would appreciate any information on this.

Thank you.

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Hello,
A lot of people have this same "issue" on this forum (workers or students). I think someone called IRCC and they said it's fine as long as you have a valid study/work permit.

Quick question: when did you apply for your TRV and when did you get the passport request letter please?

btejani

Oct 2, 2020
Hello,
A lot of people have this same "issue" on this forum (workers or students). I think someone called IRCC and they said it's fine as long as you have a valid study/work permit.

Quick question: when did you apply for your TRV and when did you get the passport request letter please?
I applied for my TRV in March 2021 and got the passport request in August 2021.

arch.ramy

Jun 8, 2018
I had a visitor visa from a previous visit and used it to enter as a student. So it shouldn't be an issue.

Is your TRV valid for the same period as your study permit or more?

btejani

Oct 2, 2020
I had a visitor visa from a previous visit and used it to enter as a student. So it shouldn't be an issue.

Is your TRV valid for the same period as your study permit or more?
My TRV is valid beyond my study permit validity. My study permit expires in 2021 and my TRV is valid until 2026.

Reactions: arch.ramy

danndiazt

Oct 6, 2021
I had the same issue but as a worker. Has anyone contact IRCC about it? I just contact IRCC on twitter but no response yet.

Jan 24, 2022
Hi, I extended my study permit in March and applied for TRV extension. I received my passport with visa stamp today and the new TRV they have stamped is of type “visitor”.
I am a student so I wonder why did they issue a visitor type TRV.
Has anyone experienced the same issue and contacted IRCC? What was their response?

I would appreciate any information on this.

Thank you.
Hi!
Could you please update if you change the visitor type to student and whether it caused any issues while traveling? Thank you!