+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV/TRP for an infant

newbiex

Apr 22, 2020
Helloo all!

I am PR but I gave birth to my child outside of Canada due to circumstances. Now I would like to go back and have applied for my son’s TRP. Does anyone know how long it usually takes now for TRP from Pakistan?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Helloo all!

I am PR but I gave birth to my child outside of Canada due to circumstances. Now I would like to go back and have applied for my son’s TRP. Does anyone know how long it usually takes now for TRP from Pakistan?
TRV and TRP are two different visas. TRP is if your child is inadmissible. Have you applied for a TRV for the child? You need to to do that first, and if refused apply for TRP.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

newbiex

Apr 22, 2020
Yes I did apply for TRV actually but mentioned that it might be a TRP case. That’s what I heard usually

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I did apply for TRV actually but mentioned that it might be a TRP case. That’s what I heard usually
So have you received refusal for TRV? Others can weigh but belieive you need to wait for refusal. Once you have refusal, you apply for TRP (Child not admissible). If TRP is refused, then you have to go to Canada and sponsor your child. Do you meet RO?

newbiex

Apr 22, 2020
No I haven’t got refusal, just applied for TRV for the first time. Lawyer told me to mention in details that it’s going to be a TRP application since newborns get TRPs not TRVs.

just wanted to get an idea about the timeline of processing, since my oath ceremony is going to be in a few months and I can’t leave him alone here.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I haven’t got refusal, just applied for TRV for the first time. Lawyer told me to mention in details that it’s going to be a TRP application since newborns get TRPs not TRVs.

just wanted to get an idea about the timeline of processing, since my oath ceremony is going to be in a few months and I can’t leave him alone here.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Here are processing times. No way to expedite. Expect same processing times for both. TRPs may take longer because you are explaining why infant is inadmissible. Not sure what you mean that infants get TRPs and not TRVs. A TRP application is to explain why your infant is inadmissible and why your infant is justified to enter Canada. Since you have an immigration lawyer, the lawyer will not better than forum members. All the best.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Don’t use this lawyer they don’t know what they are talking about. Also no need to pay anyone to apply for a TRV or TRP. As already indicated, you should have applied for a TRV and if denied applied for a TRP.

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Here are processing times. No way to expedite. Expect same processing times for both. TRPs may take longer because you are explaining why infant is inadmissible. Not sure what you mean that infants get TRPs and not TRVs. A TRP application is to explain why your infant is inadmissible and why your infant is justified to enter Canada. Since you have an immigration lawyer, the lawyer will not better than forum members. All the best.
Unfortunately not all immigration lawyers know what they are talking about which is frightening.