+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV to visit wife who has medical procedure

liadostewart

Jul 17, 2018
Hello, I need some advice. My wife has a Colonoscopy procedure do in a month. I would really Like to be by her side for the procedure because she will be sedated and doctors advise that she has someone be with her after the procedure.

I have no intention of staying beyond the week that I have planned. I recently graduated from University and got a Very Good Job in IT at a bank. My wife is on a postgraduate permit and has been working in Canada for a year.

What are my chances of getting the visa to visit her during the procedure? I really need this visa because I know she would be heartbroken if she I can't come.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Almost zero unless you are from a visa exempt country. Having a colonoscopy is really a minor procedure. The prep is the worst part.

Mohsinmehmood0

Sep 3, 2018
Almost zero unless you are from a visa exempt country. Having a colonoscopy is really a minor procedure. The prep is the worst part.
My mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and I have applied for trv to visit my parents.
I have attached MP's letter, medical reports, letter from doctor stating the condition and mentioning me to visit her.
What are my chances of getting visa?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I concur, have had 4 of those done. It is minor, and the prep is the worst part. Last time at Toronto East Gen, they said they would be sedating me, it was a comfortable numbing, but that was it. Walked out, grabbed a coffee and donut at Tim Hortons. They advise someone to drive them, because driving is not allowed. Typically you sit for about 30 minutes after the scope, then leave. I took a uber home.
As noted previously, low chance of getting approval, as well you stated in another post that you had been denied twice for a TRV and as well as for a study permit.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and I have applied for trv to visit my parents.
I have attached MP's letter, medical reports, letter from doctor stating the condition and mentioning me to visit her.
Hard to say but unfortunately probably not great. Given that cancer treatment usually lasts for months were you planning on staying during the whole treatment?

Mohsinmehmood0

Sep 3, 2018
Hard to say but unfortunately probably not great. Given that cancer treatment usually lasts for months were you planning on staying during the whole treatment?
No, I applied only for 4 weeks.
I have also attached my leave letter from my office for one month only.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What is the immigration status of your parents?

Unfortunately, chances of an approval are almost none. Recently, someone else was refused for the same purpose of visit. Her dad is a cancer patient, he is suffering from depression, etc

Mohsinmehmood0

Sep 3, 2018
What is the immigration status of your parents?

Unfortunately, chances of an approval are almost none. Recently, someone else was refused for the same purpose of visit. Her dad is a cancer patient, he is suffering from depression, etc
They are permanent resident of Canada and its been almost 4 years.