+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Thai Wife

rct99q

Mar 18, 2014
Hello all,

Just wanted to pass on an update to our TRV application out of Bangkok for my Thai wife.
This is her second TRV and we were delighted to have obtained a 5 year (life of her passport ) multiple entry trv.
Application process was pretty straightforward and virtually the same as her first application.

I work fulltime in Canada and I am a Canadian Citizen. We lived in Thailand for about 5 years before I came back to Canada. We also have a 3 year old daughter who has dual citizenship.
We requested a multiple entry life of passport tourist visa as the wait time for PR application out of Singapore is closing in on 40 months.
We included all the standard information with an emphasis on the reasons she would returning back to Thailand.
First and foremost we are building a home in Thailand.
She has aging parents who will need help in the coming years.
Our daughter will be attending school this year.
She owns vehicles in her name.
My desire to return to Thailand within 5 years to teach again.
I was able to provide training programs I have taken in Thailand to show continuing education in this matter.
We were able to provide solid financials for my wife with a well established bank account, over 10 years use, with a decent monthly balance of 70,000 baht at the end of everymonth over this time period.
We also provided a detailed itinerary of places we will visit, people who we will visit and of course our accommodations in Canada.

Just wanted to provide a little reassurance that with a solid application the People at the Embassy in Bangkok can be very accommodating with their determination of TRVs'.

M

mikeymyke

Yes and this is yet another example of how doing a thorough application like this can greatly increase the chances of getting a TRV. Was in the same situation as you, got the wife multiple entry TRV for life of her passport.

Congrats to you and for showing once again its not a "99% refusal rate" for spouses.

rct99q

Mar 18, 2014
Thanks,
My thoughts as well. Can not stress enough what you repeat on here. Take the time to write out your application. We did write out a summary of all that could be included to show strong ties to wifes home country. We kept it short but with plenty of details. As well we tried very hard to keep the emotion out of the words we were using. Facts and figures.

I have had the opportunity to talk with employees at the Canadian Embassy in Bangkok over other matters and find them most helpful. They do however keep everything on a professional basis with little or no idle chit chat. Not unfriendly mind you. Which
I am sure how they treat each application, as they should.