+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV/Supervisa - Renewals for a Parent

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Hello Seniors,

I have some concerns regarding my father's visa application. My parents PR application is in progress as of now and submitted last year under second round. My dad's Super visa expired beginning of Feb this year and I would like to apply for his VISA renewals. Please advise of the following:

1) Would the current PR application have any bad influence on VO while reviewing the upcoming VISA application?
2) What are the chances of getting a TRV vs. super visa? (Previously was issued 4 years visa but he came to Canada once for less than 3 months as he is not often traveller due to family business)
3) App. was once refused back in 2013 and then super visa was approved in 2015. Would that impact TRV if I apply this time instead of a super visa?

Your response to this would be greatly appreciated as usual and very thankful.

Thanks
L.S

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have some concerns regarding my father's visa application. My parents PR application is in progress as of now and submitted last year under second round. My dad's Super visa expired beginning of Feb this year and I would like to apply for his VISA renewals.
He would be applying for a new TRV from scratch. It's not renewal of a visa.

Please advise of the following:

1) Would the current PR application have any bad influence on VO while reviewing the upcoming VISA application?
Not at all.

2) What are the chances of getting a TRV vs. super visa? (Previously was issued 4 years visa but he came to Canada once for less than 3 months as he is not often traveller due to family business)
TRV = Depends on his individual circumstances + his finances

Super visa = Depends on your finances/LICO

3) App. was once refused back in 2013 and then super visa was approved in 2015. Would that impact TRV if I apply this time instead of a super visa?
No impact

Your dad's TRV application will be considered as 'Dual Intent' as he already has a PR application in process. This is allowed by IRCC.

So, not to worry. Prepare a good application and submit it

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Thanks, @Bryanna for your response. Here are the following items I will be including in the visa application process:

Applicant:
Property + Asset Financial from C.A
The previous copy of super visa,
Exit and entry stamps
Bank statements and F.D's
property ownership papers
Tax returns and business papers.

Sponsor (mine)
Sponsorship letter,
Paystubs,
Proof of Canadian resident
birth certificate
job letter
Bank Statements

Please let me know if I am missing anything or should include anything else? you advise would be greatly appreciated!

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Hello @Bryanna i've been reading the threads and notice that you have most of the answers in regards to the Super Visa application.

I am planning to submit an application for my mother (Super Visa) and hopefully my younger sister later on (TRV) whom both were denied when they did it through a local consultant in the country of Antigua and Barbuda but it was only a TRV which is why I am trying now through the super visa option as by myself I surpass the LICO requirements and I will still add my wife as a co-sign. My concerns are if I can do it myself or should I try a lawyer. This forum helped me submit my PR application alone.

My other concerns are my mother's bank account balances being too low but she does have a loan/mortgage for quite a number of years left and still has dependents (my siblings) living with her. Also where can I find a sample of a promise to support financially etc? I would appreciate any bit of time of your help, or anyone thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks, @Bryanna for your response. Here are the following items I will be including in the visa application process:

Applicant:
Property + Asset Financial from C.A
Property tax receipts + supporting excerpts from property portals/realty reports to back the indicative market value stated by the CA

The previous copy of super visa,
Exit and entry stamps
He can apply under CAN+ if he holds an Indian passport.

Although proofs of finances are not required for CAN+ processing, I recommend including them for a more solid application.

Bank statements and F.D's
property ownership papers
Tax returns and business papers.
1. A day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates.

2. Evidence to show his business is actively trading on a day-to-day basis. For example, audit reports, profit-loss statements, loans, rent agreements for office/commercial premises, works contracts/purchase orders, GST registration and returns, employee salaries, etc etc

Sponsor (mine)
Sponsorship letter,
Paystubs,
Proof of Canadian resident
birth certificate
job letter
Bank Statements
Okay

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello @Bryanna i've been reading the threads and notice that you have most of the answers in regards to the Super Visa application.

I am planning to submit an application for my mother (Super Visa) and hopefully my younger sister later on (TRV) whom both were denied when they did it through a local consultant in the country of Antigua and Barbuda but it was only a TRV which is why I am trying now through the super visa option as by myself I surpass the LICO requirements and I will still add my wife as a co-sign. My concerns are if I can do it myself or should I try a lawyer. This forum helped me submit my PR application alone.
IMO, you must apply first for your mother (super visa) and after she is approved you can apply for your sister. Otherwise, it might seem like your sister is accompanying your mom for a super visa type of length of stay.

How old is your sister and what does she do?

My other concerns are my mother's bank account balances being too low but she does have a loan/mortgage for quite a number of years left and still has dependents (my siblings) living with her.
Do post the list of documents she intends to submit.

Also where can I find a sample of a promise to support financially etc? I would appreciate any bit of time of your help, or anyone thank you!
I think there's a letter by 'Rossei' on this forum.

That said, the invitation letter/any similar document should be addressed to the visa officer (not to your mom) + it must not be too emotional

Last edited:
Reactions: dominicantiguan

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Property tax receipts + supporting excerpts from property portals/realty reports to back the indicative market value stated by the CA

He can apply under CAN+ if he holds an Indian passport.

Although proofs of finances are not required for CAN+ processing, I recommend including them for a more solid application.

I am not too sure about CAN+, is that a new type of VISA. I may have to research on this. If you can also provide some insight then that will be great.

1. A day-by-day visit plan with expense estimates.

2. Evidence to show his business is actively trading on a day-to-day basis. For example, audit reports, profit-loss statements, loans, rent agreements for office/commercial premises, works contracts/purchase orders, GST registration and returns, employee salaries, etc etc

Okay

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
CAN+ only means expedited processing. It is available to applicants of some countries if they had previously traveled to Canada in the last 10 years.... and/or hold a valid US non-immigrant visa. It is not a visa category

Last edited:
Reactions: luckysingh

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
IMO, you must apply first for your mother (super visa) and after she is approved you can apply for your sister. Otherwise, it might seem like your sister is accompanying your mom for a super visa type of length of stay.

How old is your sister and what does she do?

Do post the list of documents she intends to submit.

I think there's a letter by 'Rossei' on this forum.

That said, the invitation letter/any similar document should be addressed to the visa officer (not to your mom) + it must not be too emotional
Unfortunately I'm not receiving any notifications but this is perfectly said, thank you. I was told the same by some consultants too (the apply for my mom first part)

She sent a letter from the church showing her responsibilities there as she's very religion and goes every other day. A job letter, financial statement which shows her mortgage, savings and a bit of shares. A proof of address (utility bill) which also shows her responsibility and passports stamps including the one when she visited me a few years ago.

My sister is only 14 so still in high school. @Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately I'm not receiving any notifications but this is perfectly said, thank you. I was told the same by some consultants too (the apply for my mom first part)

She sent a letter from the church showing her responsibilities there as she's very religion and goes every other day. A job letter, financial statement which shows her mortgage, savings and a bit of shares. A proof of address (utility bill) which also shows her responsibility and passports stamps including the one when she visited me a few years ago.

My sister is only 14 so still in high school. @Bryanna
Your mom will most likely be granted the super visa. Quite honestly, your sister's TRV seems doubtful... but I hope I am wrong.

It would seem like your sister is moving long-term with your mom (super visa holder).... and this contradicts the short-stay requirement for TRVs.

Hope for the best. Your sister might just get lucky

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Your mom will most likely be granted the super visa. Quite honestly, your sister's TRV seems doubtful... but I hope I am wrong.

It would seem like your sister is moving long-term with your mom (super visa holder).... and this contradicts the short-stay requirement for TRVs.

Hope for the best. Your sister might just get lucky
Interesting point, btw I sent last year's T4, and a few recent pay stubs from both myself and my wife but we didn't attach any bank statements. You think that's enough? Also the reason we are applying for her super visa is for it to rely on us more than her in an application but she actually wouldn't stay for more than a few weeks at a time ever.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Interesting point, btw I sent last year's T4, and a few recent pay stubs from both myself and my wife but we didn't attach any bank statements. You think that's enough?
Not good enough. You should have also included your NOA + bank statements + any financial investments. The important point is to prove that you meet LICO.

Also the reason we are applying for her super visa is for it to rely on us more than her in an application but she actually wouldn't stay for more than a few weeks at a time ever.
It would be a miracle if your sister is approved

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Not good enough. You should have also included your NOA + bank statements + any financial investments. The important point is to prove that you meet LICO.

It would be a miracle if your sister is approved
Really? even though my T4 proves that myself alone surpasses the LICO score and my wife is also included? (this is beause I do my taxes alone and dont ever really asks to have the notice of assessment mailed)

Last edited: