+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV/Super visa for widowed MIL

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello everyone,

I need an expert advice on this . My MIL recently got widowed in May so its a bit of an emotional phase for the entire family. My wife couldn't visit her family in Pakistan due to pandemic and quarantine restrictions. We want to apply for my MIL's visa. Considering the processing times, visitor visa looks feasible at the moment.

My MIL has always been a housewife and was dependent on my FIL. She has 3 daughters and a son. All her daughters are abroad(Canada, US and NZ). Son lives with her and is recently married. The home they live is orally gifted to her by my FIL. She has papers for that. Son is a software engineer and earning well to run the house as there are no overhead expenses and she had medical insurance covered by son's employer.

My MIL has a good travel history. She has been to UK and USA twice in the last 10 years but her US visa got expired too last year.

She has home , a plot and a shop on her name. She has cash in USD and gold assets. For bank statements, she has joint account with her son which doesn't have sufficient balance.

For our circumstance, my annual income is above threshold and bank statements are pretty good. I have earlier sponsored and back my MIL's UK visit visa application (we are UK passport holders and currently on PR).

Will she apply for visitor visa or super visa? I am confused as I want to sponsor her for her visit visa application too. Will my sponsoring of all her expenses make the application strong?

Looking forward to the responses.

Thank you

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
I would say go for Super Visa as she will be covered by Super Visa Insurance, So its one thing that Visa officer won't worry about.
If she doesn't have balance in her bank account, Transfer some funds into her account May be 5000 CAD or 10000 CAD and in your application show that funds. In her Financials you will say that the funds in her bank account will cover her travel cost i.e Return tickets.
You Invitation letter will include all your bank statements, Paystub for 6 Months and also a BOND that you will financially support your Mother in Law in terms of Living costs and other things. Also you will make sure that she leaves by the end of her stipulated stay.
Ties with Home Country: Show her property as her ties that she will go back.
Processing time lines for both Visit Visa and Super Visitor Pakistan is above 500 days.

Hope this helps.

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
I would say go for Super Visa as she will be covered by Super Visa Insurance, So its one thing that Visa officer won't worry about.
If she doesn't have balance in her bank account, Transfer some funds into her account May be 5000 CAD or 10000 CAD and in your application show that funds. In her Financials you will say that the funds in her bank account will cover her travel cost i.e Return tickets.
You Invitation letter will include all your bank statements, Paystub for 6 Months and also a BOND that you will financially support your Mother in Law in terms of Living costs and other things. Also you will make sure that she leaves by the end of her stipulated stay.
Ties with Home Country: Show her property as her ties that she will go back.
Processing time lines for both Visit Visa and Super Visitor Pakistan is above 500 days.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the response.

Yes , processing times are almost same for both but I came to know of couple of cases where covid19 reason chosen for visit visa application expedite the case . Thats why we are more inclined towards visit visa.

Her application is almost ready so transfering funds into her account won’t cause problem as it will reflect on her bank statement?

I am planning to attach my bank statements, employment letter and previous yearsT4 .

Apart from the invitation letter we will be attaching letter on our behalf for the processing officer.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
No, Well it will reflect on her account but its still better than nothing. She can write in her explanation that her Son gifted her the funds simple, Since she does not have income or job.