+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (Strong ties inquiry)

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
I am Katrin from the Philippines and I am planning to apply for a tourist visa this coming June. I have my boyfriend that lives and a citizen who is inviting me to attend his cousin's wedding. What I have for strong ties and proofs are:

1. Travel History (Non Visa)
2. Work employment: 3 years of Stay
3. Living with my grandparents whom I need to take care.
4. Bank statement that can support my stay in Canada.

Do you guys still have suggestions of what a strong ties can be?

And additional: Is it okay to declrare that he is my boyfriend or better declared as my workmate because we both serve Telus, it's just that I work here in the Philippines.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Actually you really have an idea on how to define ties. These are job, family, assets and financial capability. But aside from it, you also should have a valid purpose why you need to go to Canada.
1. Travel History (Non Visa)
It would make an impact if you've been to countries that require a visa like U.S.A, Australia and Europe. It is not bad that you've been out of your home country. At least the Visa Officer will know that you never overstayed in a country and you are capable to travel.
2. Work employment: 3 years of Stay
It would make an impact if you have a good pay. Cause your tenure and pay in a company are also being checked.
3. Living with my grandparents whom I need to take care.
As long as you are Single, caring for your parents and grand parents will not be consider as a tie cause you don't have a family of your own.
4. Bank statement that can support my stay in Canada.
Having money to support your stay is not enough. The Visa Officer will check if your travel to Canada is not a waste of money. This means you really have money to burn and won't leave your savings exhausted once you go on a trip.
Is it okay to declare that he is my boyfriend or better declared as my workmate because we both serve Telus, it's just that I work here in the Philippines.
Some have declared that they will visit their Canadian GF/BF, some have been granted and some were rejected a visa. I am not for it, for the reason that the Visa Officers might think that you will not return to the Philippines and get married in Canada. Because a lot of Filipinos did this that is why the Visa Officers are strict with regards to the "visit bf/gf" purpose of visit.

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Actually you really have an idea on how to define ties. These are job, family, assets and financial capability. But aside from it, you also should have a valid purpose why you need to go to Canada.

It would make an impact if you've been to countries that require a visa like U.S.A, Australia and Europe. It is not bad that you've been out of your home country. At least the Visa Officer will know that you never overstayed in a country and you are capable to travel.

It would make an impact if you have a good pay. Cause your tenure and pay in a company are also being checked.

As long as you are Single, caring for your parents and grand parents will not be consider as a tie cause you don't have a family of your own.

Having money to support your stay is not enough. The Visa Officer will check if your travel to Canada is not a waste of money. This means you really have money to burn and won't leave your savings exhausted once you go on a trip.

Some have declared that they will visit their Canadian GF/BF, some have been granted and some were rejected a visa. I am not for it, for the reason that the Visa Officers might think that you will not return to the Philippines and get married in Canada. Because a lot of Filipinos did this that is why the Visa Officers are strict with regards to the "visit bf/gf" purpose of visit.

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
thank you so much for answering. I truly appreciate it so much. and for the ideal show money, is it okay to show 2500 CAD good for 1 week? not including the Airbnb place to stay and the plane ticket..

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
thank you so much for answering. I truly appreciate it so much. and for the ideal show money, is it okay to show 2500 CAD good for 1 week? not including the Airbnb place to stay and the plane ticket..
I read somewhere that you should allot $100 to $150 per day of your intended stay. But to me it is your call on how much you want to declare as pocket money. The past 4 months bank statement is asked since the Visa Officer wants to see the ins and outs of your cash flow. From there they would really see if you are financially capable.

FYI : You are not advised to purchase a plane ticket. You can attach flight itinerary from Expedia or even from the airline of your choice.

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Oh thank you so much for the information.
Hmm since my account started last year and has been opened for years that time. the only thing they need is he 4 months statement right? but what if all my savings is truly on the statement, will they think that I am trying to be too much? or I will take out some money first and included the things I need for the trip only? what if I need to pay for the accommodation and plane ticket, do I need to include that in the bank account or it can be excluded?

Do you have an idea how it can be declared asa good financial stability?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Oh thank you so much for the information.
Hmm since my account started last year and has been opened for years that time. the only thing they need is he 4 months statement right?
I already sent the link and it says there past 4 months.
but what if all my savings is truly on the statement, will they think that I am trying to be too much?
Again the visa officer is checking the ins and outs of your account. They are after the consistency. It will be more suspicious if a large amount of money suddenly appears on your account. That is the time they may say that you are doing it on purpose as you are applying for a TRV.
or I will take out some money first and included the things I need for the trip only? what if I need to pay for the accommodation and plane ticket, do I need to include that in the bank account or it can be excluded?
You should not purchase a ticket or accommodation if you haven't applied for a visa.
Do you have an idea how it can be declared asa good financial stability?
The Visa Officer will check if your travel to Canada is not a waste of money. This means you really have money to spend and won't leave your savings drained once you go on a trip. Meaning the trip will not make you bankrupt or you really can afford the trip.