+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV status as V-1 instead of W-1

dhruv850

Apr 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have finished my Master's in Canada and got approved for 3 years of Work Permit. When I applied for TRV I got my TRV foil status as Visitor instead of Worker and my visa type as V-1 instead of W-1. Is it okay to have those status?

Thank you. I am freaking out already.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have finished my Master's in Canada and got approved for 3 years of Work Permit. When I applied for TRV I got my TRV foil status as Visitor instead of Worker and my visa type as V-1 instead of W-1. Is it okay to have those status?

Similar question raised by someone else, I don't know if it is the mistake or not. Provided it is valid, then you can use it to travel. However, there will challenge with your itinerary. Most Point of Departure will need return ticket whenever you travel with visitors visa.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Of course it is valid and how that can be a mistake, I am wondering?
I guess that could be one of the possibility you are asking to find out. But as i said it is valid TRV, Would expect when someone applies for restoration, then one get V-1. But in your situation, you are not. Two options, speak with an Agent or use it the way it is provided you have your OWP.

dhruv850

Apr 14, 2017
Yes I have my Open Work Permit. I am going to speak to an agent tomorrow. Thank you. I hope there is nothing to worry about.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes I have my Open Work Permit. I am going to speak to an agent tomorrow. Thank you. I hope there is nothing to worry about.
Call an Agent for clarity but Nothing to worry about. Grab glass of your favourite drink, and relax.

bishalPodder

Jun 10, 2020
Hello Dhruv,
Did you able to find out any solution to this? As I received my passport today and it also has V-1 stamped instead of W-1

dhruv850

Apr 14, 2017
Hi,
I have submitted the webform, but no response on that. Some of my friends have talked with IRCC and they told it won't cause any trouble.

dhruv850

Apr 14, 2017
I think to promote tourism, get finance - they are giving the V-1 status after the expiration of Work Permit as well.

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
OMG I got the same too. V-1 instead of W-1 and I am travelling in two weeks. The country I am going to has free entry for Canadian workers but for my country of origin I would have to apply for a visa with them (Which would take a month plus!) ! Of course I will travel with my work permit and other relevant docs but I am so worried this mistake will give me trouble :rolleyes: I cannot wait to get my PR these problems are too much

phase59

Sep 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

Hey. I have come across same issue, has your issue been resolved? What reply did you get from IRCC web form? Thanks in advance