+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Singapore - Complaints & Rants!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
My parents applied for a regular tourist visa back in 2017... It has been 3 yrs+ and their visa is still in processing.

What Can we do from our side?

I am a Canadian Citizen. The purpose of their visit was to come and see my daughter (now she is 3yrs old).

We have contacted Singapore high commission, multiple times. And every time the reply "No further action required from your end" and "Pending secondary security clearance", "the file is still in processing". Why does it ALWAYS happen with Singapore Office?

I am a bit frustrated here. My parents are in their early 70s and mid 60s. I understand a delay can happen because of multiple reasons, and every case is different. But for a tourist visa, an applicant has to wait for 3YEARS? is there no procedure in place to find out why this would take 3years? Does the Singapore office never follow-up with their files to see what has happened to their security clearance requests if it is given to other 3rd party organizations?

As a case officer, if I forwarded a request for Security clearance for an applicant to another department, will I not EVER follow-up with that department to see why my request for security clearance has not come back??? Will I just completely forget that there are applicants just waiting for their documents?

Just tell me which part of the world does it, take 3YEARS to get a security clearance???

I apologize for the rant. Is there anything I can do from Canada, to help find out more as to what is going on?!
:(

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Security clearances are sometimes dependent on the response times of other countries' agencies. Is their home country known for government (in)efficiency? Or does either one of them have a military, government job, or travel background that may be particularly sensitive in terms of national security?

But 3 years is a crazy amount of time. Might also be negligence on the SG VO's part.

Reactions: iamroth

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents applied for a regular tourist visa back in 2017... It has been 3 yrs+ and their visa is still in processing.

I am a Canadian Citizen. The purpose of their visit was to come and see my daughter (now she is 3yrs old).

We have contacted Singapore high commission, multiple times. And every time the reply "No further action required from your end" and "Pending secondary security clearance", "the file is still in processing". Why does it ALWAYS happen with Singapore Office?

I am a bit frustrated here. My parents are in their early 70s and mid 60s. I understand a delay can happen because of multiple reasons, and every case is different. But for a tourist visa, an applicant has to wait for 3YEARS? is there no procedure in place to find out why this would take 3years? Does the Singapore office never follow-up with their files to see what has happened to their security clearance requests if it is given to other 3rd party organizations?

As a case officer, if I forwarded a request for Security clearance for an applicant to another department, will I not EVER follow-up with that department to see why my request for security clearance has not come back??? Will I just completely forget that there are applicants just waiting for their documents?

Just tell me which part of the world does it, take 3YEARS to get a security clearance???

I apologize for the rant. Is there anything I can do from Canada, to help find out more as to what is going on?!
At this point I might just apply again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Did you order GCMS notes to see the details behind the delays?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Did you order GCMS notes to see the details behind the delays?
We sent another email to them and got this reply

"... please rest assured that your application will be finalized as soon as the secondary clearances are completed."

They are still waiting for the clearance. I just don't understand what is going on with this office.

I mean people get citizenship in 3yrs. Here we are waiting for a visitor visa, which is not even confirmed, for 3yrs.

I have not ordered GCMS notes. Maybe I should do that. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do, to find out any progress. The local MPs office is also of no use. They are not able to help any further.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We sent another email to them and got this reply

"... please rest assured that your application will be finalized as soon as the secondary clearances are completed."

They are still waiting for the clearance. I just don't understand what is going on with this office.

I mean people get citizenship in 3yrs. Here we are waiting for a visitor visa, which is not even confirmed, for 3yrs.

I have not ordered GCMS notes. Maybe I should do that. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do, to find out any progress. The local MPs office is also of no use. They are not able to help any further.
You should order GCMS notes. This will provide you with the greatest level of details and information.

NKBawari

Apr 20, 2020

It means application stuck due to COVID may have the same fate. People are waiting from last 10 months...

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
SVO has a bad reputation for being careless with people’s application and lives.
Good luck hope you hear something soon

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
You should order GCMS notes. This will provide you with the greatest level of details and information.

I have received their GCMS finally. What should I be looking for?

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Some parts of GCMS. Where should I look for a query for secondary clearance??

====================================================

This note below is from Sept 6, 2017, so basically after 7 days of applying.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
When we emailed them, its "pending security clearance". Yet no mention of this in the officer's note.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
I applied to get CBSA notes.
Its all the same as GCMS notes. Only with CBSA, I see the Security section has more info, which were hidden with GCMS.

Type: Security
Validity date://
Status Updated by: ******
Status Updated date: 2018/08/20
Assisgned to: RC-6057
Assisgned by: *******
Due date: 2018/8/20

Sigh! No idea what is going on. There is almost no indication, as to where the delay is. :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied to get CBSA notes.
Its all the same as GCMS notes. Only with CBSA, I see the Security section has more info, which were hidden with GCMS.

Type: Security
Validity date://
Status Updated by: ******
Status Updated date: 2018/08/20
Assisgned to: RC-6057
Assisgned by: *******
Due date: 2018/8/20

Sigh! No idea what is going on. There is almost no indication, as to where the delay is. :(
Have you contacted your MP? Assume the big issue was his army history but you should have received a refusal/approval by now.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Have you contacted your MP? Assume the big issue was his army history but you should have received a refusal/approval by now.

We tried, but we have an incompetent staff here at this office. I have contacted 4 times, since July 2020. Every time I contact them, their reply is "No problem, email us the info, and we will send an email". after emailing everything, check-in in a month, and they are like "I don't understand, what you are talking about". it has happened twice now.

Also since it got stuck in Security Clearance, I wonder what help can MP's office do at his point. :(