TRV Singapore - Complaints & Rants!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
@scylla
CBSA Notes: Any idea what happens after Ready to be assessed?
Type: Security
Validity date://
Status Updated by: ******
Status Updated date: 2018/08/20
Assigned to: RC-6057
Assigned by: *******
Due date: 2018/8/20

No update since the above date!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Bump! Any ideas guys?

CBSA Notes: Any idea what happens after Ready to be assessed?
Type: Security
Validity date://
Status Updated by: ******
Status Updated date: 2018/08/20
Assigned to: RC-6057
Assigned by: *******
Due date: 2018/8/20

No update since the above date!

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
No update yet! :(

Does anyone have any ideas?
Hi, I would hazard a guess that things "could" be stuck at Case Management Branch. They have all sorts of authorities.

Case Management Branch provides direction, support, and decision-making with regards to complex, high-profile, sensitive and/or contentious immigration, citizenship and passport cases. Also provides direction and support for certain litigation files.

The link below simply illustrates just how expansive their delegated authorities are: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/instrument-delegation.html

I don't know what issue could arise to see the application that you're concerned about be directed to CMB, but Visa Offices do not like to warehouse cases, and CMB makes their living doing it. They have to make the call on the case-types listed above. Some "might" be left with the impression that they don't really speed through their inventories of unresolved applications.

It's simply a guess on my part and you'd know the applicant's history well enough to understand if there is a possibility that something in the history of the applicant could see the decision bumped up to the CMB level.

Good luck and happy holidays,

Reactions: iamroth

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Hi, I would hazard a guess that things "could" be stuck at Case Management Branch. They have all sorts of authorities.

Case Management Branch provides direction, support, and decision-making with regards to complex, high-profile, sensitive and/or contentious immigration, citizenship and passport cases. Also provides direction and support for certain litigation files.

The link below simply illustrates just how expansive their delegated authorities are: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/instrument-delegation.html

I don't know what issue could arise to see the application that you're concerned about be directed to CMB, but Visa Offices do not like to warehouse cases, and CMB makes their living doing it. They have to make the call on the case-types listed above. Some "might" be left with the impression that they don't really speed through their inventories of unresolved applications.

It's simply a guess on my part and you'd know the applicant's history well enough to understand if there is a possibility that something in the history of the applicant could see the decision bumped up to the CMB level.

Good luck and happy holidays,

Thanks for the reply. We have kind of given up on it. 4.5 Years and still no decision.

The funny thing is now they have stopped replying to emails. I think it's because, since Sept they stopped working on older applications??? Maybe.
we are not sure, where to contact or call or write a letter. Every window we tried, MP, emailing the visa office - nothing worked. Nobody has any answer than "everything is in order, we will contact you if needed" - That's it. 4.5 Years right there.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Bump.

If anyone has any tips, greatly appreciated.
Get a lawyer and definately bring a mandamus application. It is a court order which asks the govt official to give decision either positive or negative but the govt official has to give a decision.

Winner_

Star Member
Jun 28, 2022
Bump.

If anyone has any tips, greatly appreciated.
Applicants who applied before Sept 2021 were asked to reapply. This is due to covid. but yours is way before that. My suggestion would be try and reapply again , referring the old one . If they process the new one, ur old application will be withdrawn. Give it a try ! nothing much we can do !