+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV September 2020 timeline

kcdzh_2020

Nov 20, 2020
Hi I am new here in Canada visa forum is there anyone here who submitted their TRV online September 09 2020 are there any updates yet? I'm from the Philippines, I am already done also with my Biometrics dated September 28, 2020 up to now there is no update yet regarding on my application. =(

It is very frustrating that due to COVID that I have been separated from my fiancé who is a Canadian Citizen, I completely understand logically, but with no solution to COVID insight in the near future, we can plan no future, our lives are in limbo. As with any long distance relationship with someone from another country, one has to be very cautious with every step. We needed to ensure that we were both in the relationship for honorable reasons.

That's why we were so delighted to hear of the Government's announcement to reunite families and those in long-term distance relationships . My frustration is that my application for the visitors visa has been submitted (Sept 9,2020 the very first day the Canadian Consulate in the Philippines was accepting applications) but I have no way of alerting the Canadian Consulate that I would qualify as a person who is in a Long-term relationship with the Canadian to be reunited with.

I am sure there are many families in this situation who are anxious to be reconnected.

Last edited:

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Just do know that even their processing time is only 5 days from the date they received the biometrics and for us been a month already and still no update.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi I am new here in Canada visa forum is there anyone here who submitted their TRV online September 09 2020 are there any updates yet? I'm from the Philippines, I am already done also with my Biometrics dated September 28, 2020 up to now there is no update yet regarding on my application. =(

It is very frustrating that due to COVID that I have been separated from my fiancé who is a Canadian Citizen, I completely understand logically, but with no solution to COVID insight in the near future, we can plan no future, our lives are in limbo. As with any long distance relationship with someone from another country, one has to be very cautious with every step. We needed to ensure that we were both in the relationship for honorable reasons.

That's why we were so delighted to hear of the Government's announcement to reunite families and those in long-term distance relationships . My frustration is that my application for the visitors visa has been submitted (Sept 9,2020 the very first day the Canadian Consulate in the Philippines was accepting applications) but I have no way of alerting the Canadian Consulate that I would qualify as a person who is in a Long-term relationship with the Canadian to be reunited with.

I am sure there are many families in this situation who are anxious to be reconnected.
You can raise a webform and update your application by informing them that you are in a long-term relationship and hence qualify as an extended family member under the new rules. You would need to provide proof of your relationship, please check CIC website for the documents required.

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Im sponsoring my parents for TRV to come here I am permanent resident. Did you get your visa approved?

kcdzh_2020

Nov 20, 2020
My Canadian citizen Fiance also sent an email to their Member of Parliament in North Okanagan regarding our situation and this is what they replied ...

"I received information from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. An application for a Temporary Resident Visa was received on September 9, 2020. Notes on file indicate the eligibility requirement is being reviewed. There are other requirements that need to be reviewed but the notes do not indicate what the “other” requirements are. There is no time frame to provide due to the COVID-19 backlog. Please check all your e-mail folders to ensure nothing has gone into spam or junk folders."

looks like I really need to wait that long on my TRV.

Reactions: Kenrosa

kcdzh_2020

Nov 20, 2020
You can raise a webform and update your application by informing them that you are in a long-term relationship and hence qualify as an extended family member under the new rules. You would need to provide proof of your relationship, please check CIC website for the documents required.
My Canadian citizen Fiance also sent an email to their Member of Parliament in North Okanagan regarding our situation and this is what they replied ...

"I received information from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. An application for a Temporary Resident Visa was received on September 9, 2020. Notes on file indicate the eligibility requirement is being reviewed. There are other requirements that need to be reviewed but the notes do not indicate what the “other” requirements are. There is no time frame to provide due to the COVID-19 backlog. Please check all your e-mail folders to ensure nothing has gone into spam or junk folders."

bel11

Dec 7, 2020

Any update?

bel11

Dec 7, 2020
I don't have any update yet.. how about you?
Haven’t applied yet but I just want to know what are the additional requirements you submitted for your TRV. My fiancé just started working with his new job so I don’t know if it’ll be enough as a proof of strong ties in the Philippines.

kcdzh_2020

Nov 20, 2020
We are in the same situation with your Fiance that I just got a new job started in January 2020. actually, I and my Canadian citizen fiance decided to use visa assistance because we don't know what other requirements to submit. These are all the requirements that I submitted My recent bank statement and certificate, employment certificate, payslips, leave of absence, income tax return and these are also the additional requirements that the visa assistance told me since I don't have enough strong ties here in the Philippines. I submitted the rental contract, business permit of my parents, and employment certificate that I am sometimes managing their business, supporting letter from my parents. My Canadian Fiance also submitted his requirements because he is my sponsor on my trip.

bel11

Dec 7, 2020
We are in the same situation with your Fiance that I just got a new job started in January 2020. actually, I and my Canadian citizen fiance decided to use visa assistance because we don't know what other requirements to submit. These are all the requirements that I submitted My recent bank statement and certificate, employment certificate, payslips, leave of absence, income tax return and these are also the additional requirements that the visa assistance told me since I don't have enough strong ties here in the Philippines. I submitted the rental contract, business permit of my parents, and employment certificate that I am sometimes managing their business, supporting letter from my parents. My Canadian Fiance also submitted his requirements because he is my sponsor on my trip.
Some applicants got their TRV less than a month but it seemed like this one is taking a ling time. Hopefully you get yours soon. Please keep us updated.

kcdzh_2020

Nov 20, 2020
Some applicants got their TRV less than a month but it seemed like this one is taking a ling time. Hopefully you get yours soon. Please keep us updated.
I have been waiting for 4 months already. IRCC said that there is no time frame to provide due to the covid 19 backlog. I will keep y'all updated over here.

Reactions: bel11

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Do you know any users here that got TRVs within a month? Do you know if they applied under compassionate reasons?