+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejection HELP PLEASE

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. I thought her employment letter was very good. Confirmed salary, position (head accountant), length of service (6 yrs), authorization for absence and a statement saying the date she is expected back. I don't see how it could be any better.
2. I included a bank statement and title deeds to her properties (in Thai though). She has NO debt. I did not include credit cards statements (she has two and she pays the balance in full). The 3 properties are worth about $200,000 CAD, no mortgages.
3. her parents are elderly - there is no formal arrangement for her support - she just gives them a little cash from time to time.
4. one property is her residence (condo in Bangkok), one property is where her parents reside, the other is a house that she rents out.
5. yes car, fully paid for, value about $20k
6. no, however I have started to make plans to visit her again later this year (obviously I would not be doing this if she was intending to stay in Canada)

Also I didn't get anything notarized. Is this a problem?

Quite frankly, over-staying would be extremely foolish, she has nothing to gain and everything to lose. She would lose her job and have no legal right to work in Canada. She would also be forfeiting the chance of getting subsequent visas (I assume this is the case, I would certainly hope so). And also I assume that overstaying would make getting PR much more difficult?
1. Did you go through the threads I had posted earlier?

2. Did you find ways to make her application to seem more solid? BTW her previous application was not solid contrary to what you might think.

3. All documents must be in English/French.... or translated into English/French by a certified translator.

4. Notarization is unnecessary.

5. Saying she won't overstay won't change a thing. It is only hard evidence that can convince the visa officer.

6. You need to reassess her application *unemotionally*.

7. There's only so much that we can help. You need to step back.... try to think like a visa officer... look for the gaps in her application (and going through those links I posted could help).... and work hard to prepare a more convincing application

bkk707

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Yes I did go through all your comments - thank you!
So the title deeds are useless if not translated? Do you think its worthwhile to translate. I would guess that would be very expensive.
Yes I have many ideas for strengthening the second app, but nothing is "hard evidence"
I do appreciate all your responses.

bkk707

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi Bryanna,
In one of the links you provided you mentioned booking the trip to coincide with national holidays in the applicants home country. That is precisely what we did. We chose April because of the Thai national holiday - this was a way to maximize my girlfriends visit. So this would be helpful to point out?
The irony of this is that my GF would have preferred to stay a little longer than 2 weeks but that is the maximum she can be away from work.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So the title deeds are useless if not translated? Do you think its worthwhile to translate. I would guess that would be very expensive.
It is necessary to have all non-English/French documents translated.

Yes I have many ideas for strengthening the second app, but nothing is "hard evidence"
You would have to think through it and come up with ideas backed by evidence.

how long does it take to get the gcms notes?
About 30 days

Hi Bryanna,
In one of the links you provided you mentioned booking the trip to coincide with national holidays in the applicants home country. That is precisely what we did. We chose April because of the Thai national holiday - this was a way to maximize my girlfriends visit. So this would be helpful to point out?
The irony of this is that my GF would have preferred to stay a little longer than 2 weeks but that is the maximum she can be away from work.
You can point this out. That said, again, she must prove she has more reasons to leave Canada than reasons to visit

bkk707

Star Member
May 24, 2018
with regard to the title deeds, can she not just write out a statement to say she owns three properties and provide the address? Or do you think she should go to the trouble of getting the deeds translated?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
with regard to the title deeds, can she not just write out a statement to say she owns three properties and provide the address?
It won't work.

Or do you think she should go to the trouble of getting the deeds translated?
IRCC won't go through the trouble of checking whether or not those properties are really owned by her if she does not prove it herself