+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Rejected

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Hello,
My TRV has been rejected due to the reason that I may not leave the country based on current employment situation in my country and based on family ties in canada and country of residence. These 2 reasons looks invalid to me as I have clearly told in my application that my husband is in Canada on work permit. So, I will stay with him untill his work permit not get expire. And also I had job before marriage and now I have resigned don't want to continue the job in canada. I also have appealed to my rejection but they did not consider that appeal. I am planning to re apply the TRV. How do I respond to these concerns plz can u help me out ?
I have applied from Pakistan i.e my residence country is Pakistan.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
What did you apply for? Visit visa? Note that on visit visa you can stay maximum six months and that depends on what the officer at the border decides to give you. So your explanation of staying with husband until his work permit expires is not a good one.

To be granted a visit visa normally you have to show strong reasons as to why you will return to your home country, family, career, business etc. In your case they suspect you have more reasons to remain in Canada.

Look into getting a spausal work permit depending on the type of job your husband has.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree you should be applying for a SOWP not TRV if your husband has a job in NOC 0, A or B. You aren’t a temporary visitor so a temporary visa doesn’t make sense for you.

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Thanks,
How much time SOWP will take? Should I mention in new SOWP application that I have already applied for visitor Visa and got rejected?
I thought it takes more time and I want to go to my husband asap that's why I could not go to spouse open work permit. Now, if TRV will get again rejected then I can go for SOwp.
Second thing my husband also have applied for PR 1 month back.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks,
How much time SOWP will take? Should I mention in new SOWP application that I have already applied for visitor Visa and got rejected?
I thought it takes more time and I want to go to my husband asap that's why I could not go to spouse open work permit. Now, if TRV will get again rejected then I can go for SOwp.
Second thing my husband also have applied for PR 1 month back.
Your TRV will be denied again because you don't want to be a temporary visitor. If your husband works in NOC 0, A or B you can apply for an SOWP. It will take many months to get a reply. If his work permit is ending soon that also could create an issue. You could have appliwd for a SOWP when he applied for his work permit or after he was granted his work permit. Yes you will have to be honest about your past refusals. If you don't report the refusals you could end up with a ban from entering Canada. The refusals won't have a negative consequence on your PR.

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Thanks for the reponses.
Should we report our refusals to CIC with respective to our PR application? His work permit will be expiring at Feb, 2020. Should I apply for open work permit?

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Also, my husband has few colleagues and they all have applied for TRV for their wives and their wives are with them now until their work permit expiry. I am not sure what kind of Visa they have applied for because as per one of above comments I cannot apply for more than 06 months but their wives are in Canada with them more than a year without visiting back to Pakistan.