+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected Twice During Canadian immigration Strike ? Can i apply for student

bijender

Oct 9, 2013
I have applied for Tourist Visa During Canadian immigration strike and being rejected twice.

I have better financial Background.

First time reasons are:

purpose of visit.
Financial background.

Second time reasons are even more in numbers:

Financial background
Family ties
job

I am enable to understand is this happened to make strike effective or these are true reasons .

I was going to canada to Attend 14th world scout moot and i had a offer letter from the organizers and they were giving me full scholarship which

included travel expense , food,lodging, participation etc.

My national organization also gave a recommendation letter for visa. But they rejected.

Some other scouts were also applied from other countries and they were also rejected twice.

So my question is visa refused due to Personal gain means to make strike effective or are they right at there place.

One of the receptionists at vfs- application centre told me that all that happened (visa refusal) was due to the Strike action . Besides, getting

visa for genuine application is easy.

Now i am thinking to apply for student visa . So will my past affect my Future.

I request to the experienced member in this forum to give suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you asking that they refuse visa's out od spite because they were going through a labour unrest? Highly unlikely.

IF other colleagues of yours were rejected from other countries, that should tell you something. It's very unlikely that disgruntled employees would reject visa's because they have something against their employer.

Perhaps the authenticity of the meet was in question, perhaps they have had bad experience in the past and the event may have been flagged, i dont know.

Now to you question, does this affect your student visa application. Yes.

From a VO's point of view, you attempted to get a visa twice already and were refused. Unless your financial situation has drastically changed for the better, your chances are very low (considering you will need to show more for a student visa compared to a visitor visa).

All you can do is prepare you application well, write a very good SOP, try to cover all bases and hope for the best. You might be one of the lucky ones that get away with it.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bijender said:
Thanks for your reply

My main question is that i had a letter of invitation which stated my passport number and invitation plus all expenses to be covered by the canadian

government.

In addition, The National Scout organization of India Also recommended to give visa to me with a letter means they also supporting me.

And when it comes to financial background my parents both are government servant with better salary and i showed 23,000 cad doller as a financial proof

with Income tax return and i also have some agricultural property . then how a visa officer can guess my financial status.

The organizers of the camp in canada also stated through facebook that many participant does not enable to reach there due to the strike.

only 2,500 participants out of 5000 around the world able to reach canada.

So, i think strike is the main reason.
all expenses paid for by the canadian government? really?

Like i said earlier, i dont know exactly why they refused you twice but i have a hard time believing that they did it out of spite.

Maybe you can order GCMS notes or something to see the comments made by VO when rejecting your application.

But you can believe whatever you want to.

But the truth is that the rejection is one your record for the future, so even if they did it because of the strike, its still a rejection and can cause problems with your student visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
just_do_it said:
But the truth is that the rejection is one your record for the future, so even if they did it because of the strike, its still a rejection and can cause problems with your student visa.
Agreed. You weren't refused because of the strike. You were refused for other reasons and this will impact any visas you apply for going forward unless you can address the reasons for refusal in your new application.

When the organizers of the scout meet said that many participants were unable to attend due to the strike, what they meant was that the strike created processing delays and this meant that many people did not get their visas in time to attend the event. They were not talking about people who had been refused.