+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Rejected Now want to apply for Super Visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
no it is V-1 visitor and multiple but why? they didnt gave super visa?

what is the difference?
They've been granted regular visitor visas in that case. Not super visas.

Some possible reasons why this happened:
1. They did not select the 'Super visa' option in the TRV application form, OR

2. Your brother does not meet LICO to host your parents on super visas, but your parents have demonstrated strong ties to be approved for TRVs, OR

3. They stated a very short duration for their visit (Read: <6 months) which does not require super visas

Zak8

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Does that mean the embassy in Riyadh is still functioning and visa processing is still ongoing in Saudi ? Curious because will be applying for SOWP by october beginning.

zeeshan_005

Aug 6, 2018
Saudi Arabia
They've been granted regular visitor visas in that case. Not super visas.

Some possible reasons why this happened:
1. They did not select the 'Super visa' option in the TRV application form, OR

2. Your brother does not meet LICO to host your parents on super visas, but your parents have demonstrated strong ties to be approved for TRVs, OR

3. They stated a very short duration for their visit (Read: <6 months) which does not require super visas
I did select super visa. I am the one who filled up the forms for my parents.

My brother meets LICO it is more than that actually.

Yes I stated one month in the invitation letter. But during the questionnaire they asked me if they want to stay more or less than 6 months, i selected more than 6 months . Then only it gave me the option to apply for supervisa and gave me the check list of super visa. Like NOA and Medical insurance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna in such a case. What can we do to covert to super visa? If they want to stay for longer periods like after retirement?
It's fantastic they were issued TRVs until their passport expiry.

I recommend your parents must visit on their current TRVs (for a couple of visits). Don't apply for their super visas yet.

They can apply for super visas from KSA/their home country whenever they intend to stay for up to 2 years i.e. around the time they will retire. Yes, it is possible to apply for super visas (but only from outside Canada) when TRVs are still valid.

Do search for a thread by member 'se7en' whose mom went through the same process

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Evidence of LICO should be proved by NOA rite? Or paystubs?
As many documents as possible:
Employment letter + NOA + paystubs + bank statement + financial investments + etc etc + the invitation letter must state the number of members in the household

zeeshan_005

Aug 6, 2018
Saudi Arabia
It's fantastic they were issued TRVs until their passport expiry.

I recommend your parents must visit on their current TRVs (for a couple of visits). Don't apply for their super visas yet.

They can apply for super visas from KSA/their home country whenever they intend to stay for up to 2 years i.e. around the time they will retire. Yes, it is possible to apply for super visas (but only from outside Canada) when TRVs are still valid.

Do search for a thread by member 'se7en' whose mom went through the same process
Okay thank you very much for your advise.. I will have a look on se7en post.

zeeshan_005

Aug 6, 2018
Saudi Arabia
As many documents as possible:
Employment letter + NOA + paystubs + bank statement + financial investments + etc etc + the invitation letter must state the number of members in the household
We didn't submit employment letter for my brother but as our dad is working so we did submit his employment letter.

NOA yes
Paystubs yes
Bank statement and other saving and assets for our parents.

Yes we did state the number of members in the IL.

And many more our invitation letter was around 3 pages in writing and with documents it was above 30 pages.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You would have had to submit bank statements, assets from your brother not only your father for asupervisa. A supervisa is more dependent on the family member in Canada.

zeeshan_005

Aug 6, 2018
Saudi Arabia
You would have had to submit bank statements, assets from your brother not only your father for asupervisa. A supervisa is more dependent on the family member in Canada.
Well our intention was to apply for supervisa after that long wait after my brother got NOA. since TRV was rejected last time but we didn't know that supervisa would not be issued. i read some post from someone that even Supervisa gets rejected so that is why I put less than 6 months as you need to show strong ties b/w your country.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna and @canuck78
So is there a way to appeal (i.e) we write the invitation letter again or send email and change the TRV to Supervisa? or just stick with TRV at the moment and make couple of visits and then re-apply for supervisa?
I strongly recommend you do not apply for their super visas at this point in time.

Although the recent rules for Port of Entry admission aren't too clear, it seems like super visa visitors are allowed to stay for up to 2 years only on their initial visit unlike in the past. If your parents are not inclined to/unable to spend up to 2 years in the near future, it would be best to continue with their TRVs until they retire