+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV rejected in Dec 2019, got US visa in Jan 2020, need to re-apply

sunnytoronto

Jan 15, 2020
Hi there, I am an Indian national and my TRV got rejected in Dec 2019 because of the below reason:

1. ties to home country
2. purpose of visit
3. financial means

I had applied with my parents for tourism (itinerary include both Canada and US). Tax returns, property deeds, bank statements were included in the application. My statement showed around INR 4 lakhs. However, I did mention that my father will bear the expenses of the trip (whose account had sufficient funds). My parents visa was approved by mine was rejected. PS: I am technically NOT a dependent (27 years old).

I had not applied for Canada visa before. My only travel outside India has been to Thailand (once in last 5 year).

Since then, I had US tourist visa scheduled in Jan 2020 for which I got approved.

Now I plan to reapply for Canada, but the checklist does not include any financial proof or letter of financial resources of supporter or purpose of travel document or proof of relationship.

Since my earlier application got rejected, I would ideally want to include all the above mentioned documents so that I can justify the rejection reasons. However, since I have a US visa now, I am not getting those upload questions, guess they are treating my application under CAN +.

What should be my next steps?