+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Rejected for my father once , Applying Again but have one issue

harris1988

Jul 11, 2014
Hi ,

I have applied for my father trv in april 2014 , The only blunder he made is didn't include any of his siblings in the family information form . Though he has almost 9 or 10 brothers and sisters and the reason of not including them is that they all live in different countries and cities . so it was difficult for him to collect their data . We submitted an online application and it got rejected and the only reason was weak family ties.

Now I am again inviting him to Canada. Please suggest me , If now i include all the family information with the letter explaining that why previously we didnt inculde the siblings and he got strong family ties . what will be the chances of getting this application accepted. and what additional information i can i include now ? Thank you very much

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
harris1988 said:
Hi ,

I have applied for my father trv in april 2014 , The only blunder he made is didn't include any of his siblings in the family information form . Though he has almost 9 or 10 brothers and sisters and the reason of not including them is that they all live in different countries and cities . so it was difficult for him to collect their data . We submitted an online application and it got rejected and the only reason was weak family ties.

Now I am again inviting him to Canada. Please suggest me , If now i include all the family information with the letter explaining that why previously we didnt inculde the siblings and he got strong family ties . what will be the chances of getting this application accepted. and what additional information i can i include now ? Thank you very much
Do you understand what "strong family ties" mean? From what you wrote it looks like you don't really get what CIC is saying. The correct reason is "your family ties in canada and in your country of residence", which means there is no evidence he has family that could suggest he needs to get back home. Do you think siblings living in many countries can be considered "strong family ties"?

It is indeed an error not to put al your father's sibilings... what is it going to be your reason? The reason has to be strong and should seem like something that was inevitable, be careful not to just put an excuse "hard to get" seems like a "lazy" reason.

Correct that and look for family ties that actually are ties.

Chances? Nobody can tell.....

harris1988

Jul 11, 2014
Thank you for you reply , Yes i do understand what it means , but i also know we had made an error by not showing the complete information .

Last time my whole family applied together . My father , mother and brother . and they all got rejected. I dont have grand parents alive and not showing any siblings left us with simply no family ties. I forgot to mention out of 9, 3 brothers and 2 sisters are in the same city while one is living with my father.

Now my father is applying , leaving my mother and brother behind along with the siblings he have . I'm just concerned is this explanation would be sufficient for cic ? I had made a mistake , i want to correct it now . I'm concerned what is the right way to explain this situation.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
harris1988 said:
Thank you for you reply , Yes i do understand what it means , but i also know we had made an error by not showing the complete information .

Last time my whole family applied together . My father , mother and brother . and they all got rejected. I dont have grand parents alive and not showing any siblings left us with simply no family ties. I forgot to mention out of 9, 3 brothers and 2 sisters are in the same city while one is living with my father.

Now my father is applying , leaving my mother and brother behind along with the siblings he have . I'm just concerned is this explanation would be sufficient for cic ? I had made a mistake , i want to correct it now . I'm concerned what is the right way to explain this situation.
Still not correct. Family ties means family that will force you to go back, that is basically immediate family (sons, daughters, spouse) or any family economic dependants. If your father's siblings are not his dependants then that is not considered a family tie even if they live in the same house....

The explanation is ok IMO, but won't add much as an argument for CICs concerns maybe the one living with your father if he is an economic dependant (but could also back trigger as it could give rise to suspicion of him going abroad to get a job to sustain him).

Correcting the info is your responsiblity and obligation, but this is apart from CICs refusal.