+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused

amritjoy

May 11, 2019
HI all I applied for a TRV from India along with my husband and two year old son dated 28th March through online. My husband received the Biometric Instruction Letter within 3 days and went ahead and gave his biometric. I had been waiting for long for the next step and but did not receive any biometric instruction letter. however to my utter surprise I received a correspondence letter dated 8th May that my TRV is refused on the ground that I had not appeared for Biometric. How can one appear for Biometric until and unless she receives the instruction letter? I have written back to the immigration department in the High commission but has not heard anything yet. On the other hand my status online has changed from "refused" to "your action required" but there is no correspondence letter or any message. Can anybody help please?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
HI all I applied for a TRV from India along with my husband and two year old son dated 28th March through online. My husband received the Biometric Instruction Letter within 3 days and went ahead and gave his biometric. I had been waiting for long for the next step and but did not receive any biometric instruction letter. however to my utter surprise I received a correspondence letter dated 8th May that my TRV is refused on the ground that I had not appeared for Biometric. How can one appear for Biometric until and unless she receives the instruction letter? I have written back to the immigration department in the High commission but has not heard anything yet. On the other hand my status online has changed from "refused" to "your action required" but there is no correspondence letter or any message. Can anybody help please?
Did you check your emails? (including spam)...you should have raised a query when your husband received his biometrics instructions

amritjoy

May 11, 2019
Let me mention that I proactively called the helpline and raised queries too as to why there is a delay...all that I got was that I have to be patient or that its in progress and yes I checked and rechecked my correspondences infact I have screen shot of my online account VS my husband's where there is BIL and in mine there is submission confirmation and then directly the correspondence refusing my TRV....Post this I have also tried to online chat with VFS global and they said they cannot do anything for online applications and to mark an email to high commission which I did but not heard yet anything from them....very bad experience :(

Shaheen1980

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
What about the other family members?Have they got the Visa?

amritjoy

May 11, 2019
not yet my husband has received a correspondence letter regarding the validity of his biometric and for my son now they are asking a full custodian letter from Non-accompanying parent (that is me)

Shaheen1980

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
not yet my husband has received a correspondence letter regarding the validity of his biometric and for my son now they are asking a full custodian letter from Non-accompanying parent (that is me)
In my case they have refused visa to both of us.While our daughter's Visa who is just 10 year old is in process.

Kenny76

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Does one need to give bio metrics for children below 3 years. My wife and son applied and Wife got the biometrics letter but nothing in son's application.