+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
honestly after second rejection I lost hope, I gathered every necessary document carefully. and I dont get it why visiting family members is not good enough to visit. my aunt was the one who sent the invitation but in my letter I mentioned that I wanted to visit cousins, aunts and my uncle and their new baby.
but since my aunt was the sender of the invitation I thought maybe her visit had messed things up for me.
If you mention a new baby, IRCC will often assume you are being brought to Canada to care for the new baby, which is illegal work if you do not have a work permit.

RaghavDhaani

Sep 19, 2018
Category........
Birthday party is a very strong purpose, as a wedding. Spending so much money for just attending a birthday does not seem strong most of the times.
Make the purpose stronger and yes if you have kids to return to, that is a strong home tie.
So should i give another chance to reapply on that papers??

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
hi
I applied for a visitor visa for the second time and got refused for the second time for the same reason:
purpose of travel.
I had an invitation from my aunt, I had 50,000 CAD in my account, A stable job with insurance, and an apartment as a property. I am married and my husband weren't going to accompany me in this visit. my parents brothers and sisters all reside in my home country.
the purpose of travel was to visit my aunts, uncle and cousins in Canada for a month.

I did not explain the details in my first attempt, but the second time I applied I explained why they are not coming and I am going and how my job situation that has allowed me to be absent for a month.
unfortunately, got refusal again for the same reason.
my aunt, the person who had sent me an invitation to visit Canada, was here for a visit when I was waiting for a response.
could that be one of the reasons I got rejected?
maybe they thought if she is visiting then what is the need for me to go and visit her! however I mentioned in my letter I wanted to visit my cousins but she was the one who invited me, I am just assuming.
help is appreciated I am really confused.
If you told “Story A” in your first application, then “Story B” in your second soon after the first refusal, you’ll be refused, as doubts and suspicions would have been raised. Sticking to “Story A” on your second attempt, but substantiated with additional details and evidence would have been the correct approach. If you could not, reapplying would be begging for refusal. Far too many reapplicants make the same mistake you did.

rose.mary

Mar 27, 2019
If you told “Story A” in your first application, then “Story B” in your second soon after the first refusal, you’ll be refused, as doubts and suspicions would have been raised. Sticking to “Story A” on your second attempt, but substantiated with additional details and evidence would have been the correct approach. If you could not, reapplying would be begging for refusal. Far too many reapplicants make the same mistake you did.
thank you for the reply, stories were not different, they somehow completed each other. in my first attempt I didn't elaborate much in my second application I tried to explain things. things like why I didn't apply before or why my cousins wont come to visit and I am going. thats all. however seems I failed.
the purpose of both were family visit, no kind of ceremony or wedding parties.

rose.mary

Mar 27, 2019
If you mention a new baby, IRCC will often assume you are being brought to Canada to care for the new baby, which is illegal work if you do not have a work permit.
I thought they might think this way so I mentioned the baby not as the main purpose of visit, I just wrote I wish to visit my aunts, uncle and cousins and also the new baby cousin and since my intended visit time was in summer we have a camping plan and bla bla.
but seems it weren't good enough.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I thought they might think this way so I mentioned the baby not as the main purpose of visit, I just wrote I wish to visit my aunts, uncle and cousins and also the new baby cousin and since my intended visit time was in summer we have a camping plan and bla bla.
but seems it weren't good enough.
You mentioned it. That's enough to trigger the concern. And you cannot unmention it in future applications.