+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV - Refused

maqish

Mar 16, 2017
Don't get discouraged by the personal anecdotes of others.

It's a good decision to apply for GCMS notes. Let us know the visa officer's observations/concerns
Hi Bryanna,

I got my GCMS notes and will send you in personal conversation. Please have a look and reply me.

paupau16

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
Good day to all.

Im planning to apply Canada TRV, i have a few questions on how to prepare and improve some factors to consider for it:

1. I have friend who is a canadian citizen, have some business and living in Canada for 9 years now, could he give me an invitation letter stating that i would be staying in his house and would shoulder my other expenses? We will also go to other places like Niagara Falls etc during my 2 weeks visit.

2. Im currently working here in Qatar ( 1 year and counting), receiving 1,850cad salary monthly, have a valid Qatar Residence ID and will expires on june 2020.

3. I have 11,000 cad in my bank account here (consistently depositing money monthly), i have credit card also.

4. I have Qatar (expired working visa and stamps) and Oman (i stayed 4days for tourism) on my passport and serves as my travel history.

5. I have Certificate of Employment (stating my joined date, salary,position) , approve leave application, No Objection Certificate from my company.

6. i have booked airplane ticket (going and return) and travel insurance as well.

Would it be enough? Or do i need to work on some factors? I need your advices.

Big Thanks for your help. :)

maqish

Mar 16, 2017
Please find below the GCMS notes and suggest me what to do

Notes: 1

PA is an expat employed in KSA. Although there are no concrete plans to Saudize his industry at this time, there is an inherent instability for him in KSA as an expat. Ties to his home country are not clear. Not satisfied PA is a bona fide TR who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized. R179 not met. Refused.

Notes: 2

No FOSS Record Married India Male 45 Family in KSA not accompanying Tourism for approx. 2 weeks had booking.com reservation in file Executive Secretary in ----- since 2012/03 earning --k SAR approx. 3k CAD/mo. Paystubs in file BS provided is consistent with salary in LOE. Available balance --k SAR approx. --k CAD in funds Travel history: Region x 1 Europe x 2 Australian visa form in file not clear if used Marriage cert in file Birth cert of Children in file Copies of properties in India in file Statutory Questions : Declared previous refusal from US and CDA as Federal Skilled Worker. To CBO review.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please find below the GCMS notes and suggest me what to do

Notes: 1

PA is an expat employed in KSA. Although there are no concrete plans to Saudize his industry at this time, there is an inherent instability for him in KSA as an expat. Ties to his home country are not clear. Not satisfied PA is a bona fide TR who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized. R179 not met. Refused.

Notes: 2

No FOSS Record Married India Male 45 Family in KSA not accompanying Tourism for approx. 2 weeks had booking.com reservation in file Executive Secretary in ----- since 2012/03 earning --k SAR approx. 3k CAD/mo. Paystubs in file BS provided is consistent with salary in LOE. Available balance --k SAR approx. --k CAD in funds Travel history: Region x 1 Europe x 2 Australian visa form in file not clear if used Marriage cert in file Birth cert of Children in file Copies of properties in India in file Statutory Questions : Declared previous refusal from US and CDA as Federal Skilled Worker. To CBO review.
1. As your business in KSA is not well established + the situation in KSA is not conducive for you to remain there on a long-term basis.... you were not able to prove that you have reasons to return to KSA.

2. You do not have any active ties to India. Collectively #1-2 mean you do not have strong reasons to return to either KSA or India.

3. Visiting for sightseeing as a regular tourist is not a convincing purpose of visit.

4. You did not submit evidence of whether or not you had traveled to Europe and Australia. Basically, it was not clear if you had only applied/were granted those visas.

5. As a FSW applicant, it could cause concern that your ultimate intentions are to remain long-term in Canada even if you enter as a visitor. Unfortunately, your previous US refusal only adds to this concern

maqish

Mar 16, 2017
1. As your business in KSA is not well established + the situation in KSA is not conducive for you to remain there on a long-term basis.... you were not able to prove that you have reasons to return to KSA.
A. I am not in business, I am employed

2. You do not have any active ties to India. Collectively #1-2 mean you do not have strong reasons to return to either KSA or India.
A. I have my parents, brothers and sisters in India and moreover I am leaving my family ( wife & 2 kids) which I clearly filled in the family information form.

3. Visiting for sightseeing as a regular tourist is not a convincing purpose of visit.
A. So what will be the purpose of visit for a regular tourist.

4. You did not submit evidence of whether or not you had traveled to Europe and Australia. Basically, it was not clear if you had only applied/were granted those visas.
A. I had been to Europe with my family and clearly mention travel history for Europe on the form and I attached my and my family passport copies with visas and stamps. I already mentioned and attached the Australian Visa which is expiring in January 2020 but I still did not travel to Australia.

5. As a FSW applicant, it could cause concern that your ultimate intentions are to remain long-term in Canada even if you enter as a visitor. Unfortunately, your previous US refusal only adds to this concern
A. I applied for FSW way back in 2001. May be you are right the US visa refusal adds the concern.
So please Bryanna suggest me what should I do next. Shall I reapply again, if what should I change.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So please Bryanna suggest me what should I do next. Shall I reapply again, if what should I change.
IMO, don't reapply until your personal and professional circumstances change considerably.

The case notes make it quite obvious why you have been refused. And, wanting to visit as a tourist only adds to the concerns that you might overstay your visit. Honestly, there is no compelling reason for you to visit Canada (unless there's some other reason which you haven't shared)

Reactions: nasim15

rose.mary

Mar 27, 2019
hi
my TRV was refused 6 days ago, for only one reason: purpose of my travel was not clear and they were not sure I would leave canada. my case was family visit, I had invitation from my aunt, I had 50,000 CAD in my account and a well paid job and I clearly mentioned in my cover letter that I only want to visit my aunt for a month and then return. the letter from my work also indicated I only have leave for a month. my questions are:
1- my husband is not coming with me, could that be the reason? I did not explain why he is not coming.
2- in case I wanna re-apply is the explanation in my cover letter regarding he cant leave his job more than 5 days suffice?
3- when to re-apply? my invitation letter still has two weeks time before reaching its six months.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hi
my TRV was refused 6 days ago, for only one reason: purpose of my travel was not clear and they were not sure I would leave canada. my case was family visit, I had invitation from my aunt, I had 50,000 CAD in my account and a well paid job and I clearly mentioned in my cover letter that I only want to visit my aunt for a month and then return. the letter from my work also indicated I only have leave for a month. my questions are:
1- my husband is not coming with me, could that be the reason? I did not explain why he is not coming.
2- in case I wanna re-apply is the explanation in my cover letter regarding he cant leave his job more than 5 days suffice?
3- when to re-apply? my invitation letter still has two weeks time before reaching its six months.
1. Do post the list of documents that you had submitted.

2. Does your income match the bank balance of CAD 50,000?

3. Have you traveled to other visa-required countries such as the US/ UK/ Schengen/ Australia/ NZ, etc?

4. Your aunt would need to give you a new invitation letter

rose.mary

Mar 27, 2019
1. Do post the list of documents that you had submitted.

2. Does your income match the bank balance of CAD 50,000?

3. Have you traveled to other visa-required countries such as the US/ UK/ Schengen/ Australia/ NZ, etc?

4. Your aunt would need to give you a new invitation letter
Thank you for your answer,
I posted my bank statement, list of four months bank transactions, my job employment letter, the insurance letter, the invitation and my cover letter and property documents which is an apartment, birth and marriage certificate.
2 I think it does match. what is the minimum salary for 50,000 CAD?
3 actually no, the only countries I;ve been to are Malaysia and Emirates but in the rejection letter there was no mention of travel history. It only said the problem was my purpose of travel.
in case of purpose of travel what other documents could I include? need to say I did not explain why my husband is not coming with me, I only said I wish to visit my aunts and that I do not wish to stay in Canada.