+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Applied from Lahore, Pakistan on 16 June 2017, got a message in my CIC account today 8 Aug 2017 that my application has been refused on the following grounds.

- travel history
- Personal assets and financial status
- I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Answer to their allegations:
I have very good travel history. Which includes visit to United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, USA, UAE, KSA
I don't have any personal assets as I am a student but I have good financial status. I earn 1000$ per month.
I currently have 8000$ cash in my bank account.

Moreover I have always received visa of all other countries with my current status to attend conferences related to my field of study. If there was a fault in my current status. Other countries would not have granted me visa.

I need to know. What rights do I have to appeal against this blunder by the embassy.

BRIANA you are need here to help me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The appeal process is long and very expensive (it will cost you several thousand dollars). Reapplying is the best option.

How long a trip did you request?

Did you include evidence of all of your past travel? What evidence did you include to show you are a student? Have you already paid your fees for your next semester of classes?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There is technically no formal appeal process for a foreign national to appeal a decision on a TRV. That doesn't mean it can't be done, but it will cost cubic dollars (you will need Canadian representation) and take an exceptionally long time (expect years). I would suspect any appeal by a foreign national would be limited to procedural errors made at the time of application and would need the courts to agree to hear the appeal before it could proceed. To be very honest, I suspect the chances of getting an appeal approved are slim to none and the chances of winning, if approved, close to zero.
You would be better off to order the GCMS notes, review the actual reasons for the VO refusal, address those and reapply. Things the VO is looking at:
  • Do you have sufficient funds ($1,000 CAD/week plus airfare is the expectation)
  • What are your ties to your home country (they really want to see a reason for you to leave Canada)
  • Do you have ties to Canada (do you have family here, not necessarily a good thing)
  • How long you plan to spend in Canada (the view is normal people can't spend extended periods of time away from their home country if they have jobs or school or family obligations. If you can spend 2 months travelling in Canada, they suspect your ties to your home country are weak. (They really want you to leave ultimately)
my observations based on your statements:
  • Looks like a decent travel history so that's a plus.
  • Your funds are limited and that will be a primary reason for refusal.
  • Your a student, so unless you show paid tuition for the next semester, that shows weak ties. Also if you are a student, how can you manage travel and school?
Get the VO notes and address the refusal reasons and reapply. It cheaper and faster than an effort to appeal. Just my opinion.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=422&top=16

Reactions: iceberge

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
The appeal process is long and very expensive (it will cost you several thousand dollars). Reapplying is the best option.

How long a trip did you request?

Did you include evidence of all of your past travel? What evidence did you include to show you are a student? Have you already paid your fees for your next semester of classes?
How long a trip did you request? 10days
Did you include evidence of all of your past travel? Yes. Filled and attached Travel History Form
What evidence did you include to show you are a student? Letter from Dean + copy of student ID card
Have you already paid your fees for your next semester of classes? Nopes. Haven't got the notification from university to submit fees yet

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you include passport evidence of your past travel (i.e. pages out of your passport showing the visas)?

I would pay your fees for your next semester now.

saki88

May 25, 2017
i suggest you to re-apply.. i applied two months ago and got refusal on the same ground as yours.. i re-applied the next day with some new docs and i got the visa after 2 months.

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Did you include passport evidence of your past travel (i.e. pages out of your passport showing the visas)?

I would pay your fees for your next semester now.
I applied paper based so I sent my current passport along with previous 3 passports plus photocopies of all the used pages of my all passports

What do you mean by the this
I would pay your fees for your next semester now???

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
i suggest you to re-apply.. i applied two months ago and got refusal on the same ground as yours.. i re-applied the next day with some new docs and i got the visa after 2 months.
Glad to hear from you Saki
Where did you applied from
What was the purpose of your travel
I need to attend conference that starts in September so there is not enough time to re-apply and obtain visa on time
Kindly elaborate. What were the allegations and what additional documents did you attached

saki88

May 25, 2017
i applied in islamabad through online .. i also applied to attend a conference.. but unfortunately the moment i got approved, the conference was underway so couldn't make it to the conference but i am glad that i got visa.

they refused me earlier due to travel history, financial assets etc.. i re-applied and only provided a explanation letter and it worked.. i was surprised.

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
i applied in islamabad through online .. i also applied to attend a conference.. but unfortunately the moment i got approved, the conference was underway so couldn't make it to the conference but i am glad that i got visa.

they refused me earlier due to travel history, financial assets etc.. i re-applied and only provided a explanation letter and it worked.. i was surprised.
Was your travel history really not good or it was just an allegation from the goofy visa officer. As it happened in my case.

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
There is technically no formal appeal process for a foreign national to appeal a decision on a TRV. That doesn't mean it can't be done, but it will cost cubic dollars (you will need Canadian representation) and take an exceptionally long time (expect years). I would suspect any appeal by a foreign national would be limited to procedural errors made at the time of application and would need the courts to agree to hear the appeal before it could proceed. To be very honest, I suspect the chances of getting an appeal approved are slim to none and the chances of winning, if approved, close to zero.
You would be better off to order the GCMS notes, review the actual reasons for the VO refusal, address those and reapply. Things the VO is looking at:
  • Do you have sufficient funds ($1,000 CAD/week plus airfare is the expectation)
  • What are your ties to your home country (they really want to see a reason for you to leave Canada)
  • Do you have ties to Canada (do you have family here, not necessarily a good thing)
  • How long you plan to spend in Canada (the view is normal people can't spend extended periods of time away from their home country if they have jobs or school or family obligations. If you can spend 2 months travelling in Canada, they suspect your ties to your home country are weak. (They really want you to leave ultimately)
my observations based on your statements:
  • Looks like a decent travel history so that's a plus.
  • Your funds are limited and that will be a primary reason for refusal.
  • Your a student, so unless you show paid tuition for the next semester, that shows weak ties. Also if you are a student, how can you manage travel and school?
Get the VO notes and address the refusal reasons and reapply. It cheaper and faster than an effort to appeal. Just my opinion.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=422&top=16
The following are answer to few concerns you raised

- Yes I have sufficient funds. $4000CAD for 10 days of visit to attend conference
- My family lives here. I am currently a thesis student of Mphil
- I don't have anyone living in Canada. Neither friends nor family.
- 10days visit

- Yes I have a very good travel history. 10+ UK visits. Several Schengen, UAE & KSA visits. Also USA & JAPAN visit
- I currently have more than $8000CAD cash in my bank account from the last 1 year.
- Yes I am a student. I attached the Dean's letter and copy of my student ID card

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The following are answer to few concerns you raised

- Yes I have sufficient funds. $4000CAD for 10 days of visit to attend conference
- My family lives here. I am currently a thesis student of Mphil
- I don't have anyone living in Canada. Neither friends nor family.
- 10days visit

- Yes I have a very good travel history. 10+ UK visits. Several Schengen, UAE & KSA visits. Also USA & JAPAN visit
- I currently have more than $8000CAD cash in my bank account from the last 1 year.
- Yes I am a student. I attached the Dean's letter and copy of my student ID card
Did VFS Pakistan accept all the documents/evidence when you applied?

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Did VFS Pakistan accept all the documents/evidence when you applied?
Yes
except the following two documents
1. FAMILY REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE issued by government agency called NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority)
2. POLIO CERTIFICATE issued by Government Hospital.

They said these are not required

Last edited: