+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Can anyone suggest me if I should re-apply. My conference starts on 7 September. Its a 10 days conference.

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMO is in my opinion
GcMS notes are details on which ground VO officer refused you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The following are answer to few concerns you raised

- Yes I have sufficient funds. $4000CAD for 10 days of visit to attend conference
- My family lives here. I am currently a thesis student of Mphil
- I don't have anyone living in Canada. Neither friends nor family.
- 10days visit

- Yes I have a very good travel history. 10+ UK visits. Several Schengen, UAE & KSA visits. Also USA & JAPAN visit
- I currently have more than $8000CAD cash in my bank account from the last 1 year.
- Yes I am a student. I attached the Dean's letter and copy of my student ID card
1. Did you prove the conference is in line with your M.Phil studies? And, how it will help your thesis and/or study program?

2. What documents did you provide for the conference + registration?

3. Have you visited other countries for similar conferences or was it for sightseeing?

4. Which year of the M.Phil. program are you currently in? When does your next semester commence? Have you paid the fees for the next semester and/or do you receive a grant/stipend/scholarship?

5. Did you provide evidence of your part-time employment?

6. Do you live on campus accommodation? Or do you live with your family?

7. As for your previous travel history: Did you prepare a 'Travel History' explanation in chronological sequence? Were these visits paid for by you or someone supported your visits financially? Did you visit all these countries in the last 10 years? Any valid visas?

8. For your Canada TRV, did you include a day-by-day itinerary with detailed expense estimates to justify a 10-days' visit? Did you submit provisional hotel bookings?

Cheers

samk03

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
1. Did you prove the conference is in line with your M.Phil studies? And, how it will help your thesis and/or study program?
Ans) Yes it is completely related to my studies. I have previously been to similar international conferences in UK, JAPAN, Italy, USA & Germany. Half of them were financially covered and funded.
Yes i wrote the purpose of visit letter and explained how it is relevant to my field of study program.

Ans) Invitation Letter only. Not the registration reciept.

3. Have you visited other countries for similar conferences or was it for sightseeing?
Ans) I have visited UK, Japan, Italy & USA, Germany for similar conferences. I have been published in press. I attached the copies of all the press releases of my previous participation's.

4. Which year of the M.Phil. program are you currently in? When does your next semester commence? Have you paid the fees for the next semester and/or do you receive a grant/stipend/scholarship?
Ans) My second year starts from the coming last week of September. I haven't received the notification yet to pay the fee for next semester but I can request to pay early and attach it if i need to re-apply. I am on partial scholarship.

Ans) Yes. I attached the letter written, signed and stamped by the MD of my organization stating my salary of $1200CAD

Ans) I live with my family.

7. As for your previous travel history: Did you prepare a 'Travel History' explanation in chronological sequence? Were these visits paid for by you or someone supported your visits financially? Did you visit all these countries in the last 10 years? Any valid visas?
Ans) I attached the SCHEDULE 1 form. Which requires to mention all the countries visited in last 5 years along with the purpose of travel. I also attached my current and previous 3 passports along with the photocopies of all the used pages of my all passports.

8. For your Canada TRV, did you include a day-by-day itinerary with detailed expense estimates to justify a 10-days' visit? Did you submit provisional hotel bookings?
Ans) I did not attached day by day itinerary but i attached ticket booking + provisional hotel booking.

For reminder. I applied paper based from Lahore, Pakistan

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You need to show a bit more patience. Volunteers providing services free of charge tend to respond poorly to demands.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ans) Yes it is completely related to my studies. I have previously been to similar international conferences in UK, JAPAN, Italy, USA & Germany. Half of them were financially covered and funded.
You must include evidence and explanations for:
Attending the previous conferences + that your expenses were paid for by sponsors for those conferences + a 'Conference Travel History' explanation (in a tabular format, visa details + entry/exit dates + short details of the conferences attended).

Also, do include a synopsis of your M.Phil. thesis that you're working on.

Yes i wrote the purpose of visit letter and explained how it is relevant to my field of study program.
Do include some suitable supporting evidence to back how this conference will help your study program + how the other conferences helped too

Ans) Invitation Letter only. Not the registration reciept.
You must include the registration receipt + web pages for details of the conference and any contact pages + proofs of financial sponsorship (provisional hotel and flight bookings + sponsor invitation letter + sponsor bank statement, etc)

Ans) I have visited UK, Japan, Italy & USA, Germany for similar conferences. I have been published in press. I attached the copies of all the press releases of my previous participation's.
Include these details in the 'Conference Travel History' explanation.

Also include prints of the web pages and the web URLs for these press publications.

Ans) My second year starts from the coming last week of September. I haven't received the notification yet to pay the fee for next semester but I can request to pay early and attach it if i need to re-apply. I am on partial scholarship.
September is just around the corner. You must include evidence that you have enrolled for the next semester i.e. proofs of tuition fees + leave approval letter from your college/university which would also state you are a bona fide student + recent mark sheets/transcripts + student ID + any campus/off-campus rent agreement and 2-3 months' rent receipts + similar proofs

Ans) Yes. I attached the letter written, signed and stamped by the MD of my organization stating my salary of $1200CAD
You'll need to also include 4-6 months' salary slips + bank statements that confirm you have been receiving a salary + a leave approval letter stating you'll have your part-time job when you return + tax returns

Ans) I live with my family.
Do include evidence that you and your family live at the same address + proofs if they are financially dependent on you or for their well-being + why you must return to support them (in any way).

Ans) I did not attached day by day itinerary but i attached ticket booking + provisional hotel booking.
You must prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary to prove why you really need to visit for XX days + detailed expense estimates..... and prove you can afford the airfare and this itinerary (with your own finances even if you have a sponsor).

If you have credit cards then do include 2-3 months' credit card statements (low dues) and mention you will bring these cards as back-up for your visit.

For reminder. I applied paper based from Lahore, Pakistan
I recommend you apply online this time because VFS Pakistan has been refusing to accept critical evidence of applicants' strong ties for strange reasons which make sense only to themselves

1. Do check your application thoroughly for any gaps, spelling mistakes, etc.

2. Prepare a consolidated PDF file for evidence/explanation in the same sequence as the questions in the TRV application form

3. Do prepare a cover letter: Previous refusal reasons and how I have addressed them + purpose of my visit + short itinerary and funds available for my visit + my strong ties to Pakistan (study + employment + financial + family) + My previous travel history for attending conferences + why I must return to Pakistan by XX date

4. Give reference numbers to evidence/explanations..... and cross-refer these documents wherever possible