+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused-Need help

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
my Trv was refused based on family ties in Canada and country of residence and personal assests and financial status.

My profile- 24 years single, working as software engineer for last 3 years.
Purpose of visit to meet my cousin and tourism.

I had provided almost all the documents with my application, my parents are not dependent on me and we don’t live in the same city.

For finances , i had shown 7300$ in bank account + 1300$ for the ticket already bought(mistake) .

Also in additional docs, I had added my mutual funds, stocks and other savings.

I am confused, if I should reapply or not.

Please help.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Have you traveled internationally before?

Your profile is a little weak because you're young and single with no real ties to India (assuming you're Indian here). Your savings are a little low for a long trip, but are OK for a week or two. However, it's the combination of no ties to India, low savings, young, single, no other travel that is causing issues.

You can certainly reapply, but you have to think about how to convince IRCC that you will return. Your purpose of visit is a bit weak as well.

You may want to not reapply and just wait a year. Go somewhere else, build some travel history. Canadian visas can be hard to get if they are your first.

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
@21Goose Thanks for the reply. I have been to Singapore and Thailand in past for tourism.
My trip was for 2 weeks.
Even i am thinking not to reapply

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
@21Goose Thanks for the reply. I have been to Singapore and Thailand in past for tourism.
My trip was for 2 weeks.
Even i am thinking not to reapply
Yeah, if you don't have to go then don't risk a second refusal. You can try again next year, or try getting a US visa in six months or so. A single refusal is no big deal at your age. Lots of people get refused once and get the visa when they apply again later.

Reactions: smahajan

smahajan

Mar 9, 2019
@21Goose Thanks. I hope this visa refusal doesn’t affect my visa chances for US or European countries. I am mainly worried about this single thing.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
@21Goose Thanks. I hope this visa refusal doesn’t affect my visa chances for US or European countries. I am mainly worried about this single thing.
It will affect it, but not too much. If the rest of your application is strong, a single refusal (especially when you're young and statistically the most likely to be refused) can be easily overcome.