TRV Refused Need Help (Bryanna) Want to reapply

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hi

Today me and my wife TRV refused because of three reasons:

1). Travel History
2). Insufficient funds.
3). Family ties in canada and country of residence.

I don't know how to tackle this for reapplying. Me and my wife visited Uk in 2012 on study visa and we came back in May 2015 and started our jobs in our related fields. Since then we are working in those companies without switching . we are earning quite good as well. before that we visited UAE twice and i visited kuwait once as well. I don't know what type of travel history they need.

When i applied in June 2016 for TRV our bank statement was 60,500 Canadian dollar. This is because some part of this was given to my wife from her parents after property distribution so there was large money deposited in our account. out of which 20,000 Canadian dollar we spent on property later in july 2016. Other transactions were normal in and out.

My whole family is here in Pakistan except my father who works for Kuwait National Petroleum and lives in kuwait. but my wife whole family is also in Pakistan except one sister which canadian national and lives there.

The real part is i hired an agent to apply for us. Just to tell you further i want to mention that in may 2016 we applied for USA visit Visa which was granted to us till 2020. So we decided to apply for canada so we can see sights in one go. like we are coming to usa then why not see canada as well. We used niagara falls our destination both in usa and canada but when we applied we showed we are going to usa first and then canada but unfortunately due to this delay in decision our USA plan and holidays were also cancelled.

My agent applied for us online. Now the thing is he did not include any job letter of us. He did not include any property paper which i own here in Pakistan. and he did not include gift certificates and the property papers which was sold by my wife's parents.

The thing is online system is so complicated my agent got confused he said to me that you can not add more documents to online as it is limited. I am not blaming agent may be he was new to system.

I am thinking now if these documents were included at first time the result might be different.

One more thing my wife's sister can sponsor us but we did not ask her to do as we were confident that we will get TRV for tourism.

Now my question is i want to apply again please guide me what can be done in my case. Do i go for tourism or ask for sponsorship.

is it better to apply paper or online, we applied online and it took 71 days to decide.

What else can i show to them to overcome this refusal.

Any help would be really appreciated i really want to apply again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Sorry to hear that you and your wife were refused.

Your agent does not know how to put a good application together. His lack of knowledge has got you refusals. Anyways

Do post separate lists of documents which you submitted for yourself and your wife.

How long did you want to visit?

Do you own any property now?

I think you have good chances of getting TRVs if you prepare your application well

Cheers

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Sorry to hear that you and your wife were refused.

Your agent does not know how to put a good application together. His lack of knowledge has got you refusals. Anyways

Do post separate lists of documents which you submitted for yourself and your wife.

How long did you want to visit?

Do you own any property now?

I think you have good chances of getting TRVs if you prepare your application well

Cheers
Thanks Bryanna for your help.

Here are documents which is submitted (Wife)
1). Application form (IMM5257)
2). Bank Statement of 60,500 Canadian Dollar for the past 6 months. It has regular in and out of money.
3). Marriage Certificate.
4). Form ( IMM57123) use of family member representative for online applications.
5). Passport copy.
6). In purpose of travel He added Hotel booking and ticket. Plan was (coming to USA and going by road to canada and departing from canada back to home country).
7). Family information form (IMM5645). it has detail of all family members.
Travel History with all entry exit stamps.
9). Schedule 1. (IMM5257).

He did not uploaded any optional document like property papers, gift deeds , job certificate and holiday letter. Plus in form there is a question of past 10 years employment. He just gave the latest one because it has a * which is mandatory. I was not satisfied and argued with him and thats why i came to this forum while searching on Internet.

Here are my Documents:
1). Application form (IMM5257)
2). Family information form (IMM5645). it has detail of all family members.
3). Passport copy.
4). Schedule 1. (IMM5257).
5). Covering letter from my side that we are coming to USA to see Niagara Falls and we want to see Canadian side as well.

Same here no supporting document was uploaded. May be that online system is that tricky. anyways

Our plans was for 15 days.

and yes we both still do own properties and doing jobs.

Please tell me should i go for online or paper based application and i need guidance so this time i can apply at my own.

Also i want to ask should i go for sponsorship of my wife's sister. They have good balance and property. or should i go for tourism again.

Your help will be highly appreciated .

Regards

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
iaq07 said:
My agent applied for us online. Now the thing is he did not include any job letter of us. He did not include any property paper which i own here in Pakistan. and he did not include gift certificates and the property papers which was sold by my wife's parents.
That's a horrible agent if he did not know how to apply online, he could have applied by paper.

The only advantage between online and paper applications is a personal preference, the only thing that matters is if you prove your case that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay through ties to your home country.

So it's up to you to decide if you will apply online or on paper...if you apply online, just scan or merge all the relevant documents into one PDF file per upload slot.

And you sound like you have a better grasp of the requirements than your own agent, so you should be able to do it on your own. You can include a cover letter that addresses the reasons for the previous refusal and their supporting documentation.

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hi bellaluna

thanks for your reply. Yes he was not aware of online system. May be it is little complicated as people don't know how to merge in one file. Thats why he said to me there is no place to add more documents. anyway i cannot revert the decision now. What i can try is to apply again and will go with paper this time because you can add more documents to it.

I think i have a very good case to get TRV so i will give a try. I don't want to apply from USA as it will less show ties to home country.

I have just one question if you could answer, should i go for sponsor and what documents of sponsor will be attach to my file.

THANKS

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
iaq07 said:
Hi bellaluna

thanks for your reply. Yes he was not aware of online system. May be it is little complicated as people don't know how to merge in one file. Thats why he said to me there is no place to add more documents. anyway i cannot revert the decision now. What i can try is to apply again and will go with paper this time because you can add more documents to it.

I think i have a very good case to get TRV so i will give a try. I don't want to apply from USA as it will less show ties to home country.

I have just one question if you could answer, should i go for sponsor and what documents of sponsor will be attach to my file.

THANKS
The seniors on this Visitors section often say there's no such thing as "sponsorship" for TRV. The best you can do is present an invitation letter from your host in Canada plus their status and financials, but it's really your own documents in your own name that will be the focus.

PS: It's really not complicated to merge a PDF, it's just ignorance and unwillingness to learn or solve the problem, even worse that it came at your expense.

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Now i am going to reapply in this week. I hope to get TRV this time. I will do it my own now and i will put all documents in one file with everything in detail. If i need any help i will consult this forum. it is really helpful.

Thanks bryanna and bellaluna for your valuable input. Much appreciated.

iaq07

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
hi bipin

i have mentioned my uni number in new application. applied on 28th august 2016. lets see what happens this time.

thanks