+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refused ( May 2019 )

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Hi,
I got my visa update just now and it was denied on the following ground :
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I applied application too quickly without attaching the rental agreement or leave approval from my company. ( less informed and later realised , after checking this forum ).

Documents added :
Financial Proof : 3 month salary slips , 3 yr ITR, Employment Letter ( stating only that, I work in the company) ,
4 months Bank statement.
Purpose of Travel : Day by Day itinerary and confirmed travel tickets , with cover letter.

I will re-apply again. What is the procedure now? Do I need to inform about my previous application in cover letter?
If a supply rental agreement of flat and NOC from my company, is it enough to support my ties to India?

Reactions: pawanjot

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi,
I got my visa update just now and it was denied on the following ground :
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I applied application too quickly without attaching the rental agreement or leave approval from my company. ( less informed and later realised , after checking this forum ).

Documents added :
Financial Proof : 3 month salary slips , 3 yr ITR, Employment Letter ( stating only that, I work in the company) ,
4 months Bank statement.
Purpose of Travel : Day by Day itinerary and confirmed travel tickets , with cover letter.

I will re-apply again. What is the procedure now? Do I need to inform about my previous application in cover letter?
If a supply rental agreement of flat and NOC from my company, is it enough to support my ties to India?
A rental agreement and NOC aren't really strong ties to India.

What is the purpose of your visit?

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
A rental agreement and NOC aren't really strong ties to India.

What is the purpose of your visit?
Hi,
I just wrote, the purpose of travel was to meet my family ( who is PR of Canada) and visit tourist places in Toronto with day to day itinerary ( 2 weeks stay) and attached confirmed return tickets. What else can I say?

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi,
I just wrote, the purpose of travel was to meet my family ( who is PR of Canada) and visit tourist places in Toronto with day to day itinerary ( 2 weeks stay) and attached confirmed return tickets. What else can I say?
As a young, single (presumably) guy with family in Canada, you will have to show very strong ties to India. If not, IRCC will assume that you are trying to come to Canada on a tourist visa and stay for good. The "day-to-day itinerary" is also a red flag because many agents use the exact same fake-sounding itinerary to try and get their clients a visa. Did you go through an agent? Mind posting the itinerary?

Do you have any travel history to any other country?

Do you own property in India? Does your current job have very good career prospects?

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
As a young, single (presumably) guy with family in Canada, you will have to show very strong ties to India. If not, IRCC will assume that you are trying to come to Canada on a tourist visa and stay for good. The "day-to-day itinerary" is also a red flag because many agents use the exact same fake-sounding itinerary to try and get their clients a visa. Did you go through an agent? Mind posting the itinerary?

Do you have any travel history to any other country?

Do you own property in India? Does your current job have very good career prospects?
I never travelled to any other country and live independently in a flat ( rented ), away from home town ( Dehradun) , since I work in Bangalore. I didn't asked any agent to process my application.
I don't own any property.

Yup, my current job has very good prospects.

The following was my itinerary :

July 12th 2019

Arrival at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) at 11:40,
followed by rest at family’s home.

July 13th 2019

Rest and adjust to the new Time Zone.

July 14th – 16th 2019

Spending time with family and checking out Downtown

July 17th 2019

Visit to the CN Tower

July 18th – 19th 2019

Visit to Niagara Falls and overnight stay, followed by next day visit

to Theme park in Niagara Falls, Marineland

July 20th – 21st 2019

Relaxing at home and spending time with family

July 22nd 2019

Visit to Vaughan Mills Shopping mall for shopping

July 23rd 2019

Visit to High park and Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada

July 24th 2019

Visit to BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir and Royal Ontario

Museum.

July 25th 2019

Rest at home and pack luggage for return journey.

July 26th

Board the return flight from Toronto Pearson International Airport
(YYZ) to Delhi at 21:35

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I never travelled to any other country and live independently in a flat, away from home town ( Dehradun) , since I work in Bangalore. I didn't asked any agent to process my application.

Yup, my current job has very good prospects.

The following was my itinerary :

July 12th 2019

Arrival at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) at 11:40,
followed by rest at family’s home.

July 13th 2019

Rest and adjust to the new Time Zone.

July 14th – 16th 2019

Spending time with family and checking out Downtown

July 17th 2019

Visit to the CN Tower

July 18th – 19th 2019

Visit to Niagara Falls and overnight stay, followed by next day visit

to Theme park in Niagara Falls, Marineland

July 20th – 21st 2019

Relaxing at home and spending time with family

July 22nd 2019

Visit to Vaughan Mills Shopping mall for shopping

July 23rd 2019

Visit to High park and Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada

July 24th 2019

Visit to BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir and Royal Ontario

Museum.

July 25th 2019

Rest at home and pack luggage for return journey.

July 26th

Board the return flight from Toronto Pearson International Airport
(YYZ) to Delhi at 21:35
K, your itinerary isn't the fake sounding one, so that's good. However, it's still overkill - you don't need a day to day plan if you're spending time with family, it doesn't make sense. No one plans every single day of a two week visit when you're meeting your family.

More importantly, though, you have to prove that you will return to India. Good reasons are things like family - if you had a wife and/or child in India who wasn't traveling with you, that would be a strong tie.

Since you're single, the only thing you can do is write a letter talking about the reasons why you would definitely come back. Your career is a good one - if you're working at a good company earning a good salary, you can say that you wouldn't throw away a great career to overstay in Canada.

Perhaps you have other family that you take care of - if your parents are elderly and you often visit them and take care of them (financially or otherwise), talk about that. Do you own property? Talk about that.

As you have already been denied once, you may want to not reapply immediately. A single denial isn't a big deal, but two in quick succession is bad, and will also affect visa applications to the US and Europe. If you can wait six months and then reapply, it might be better in the long run.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
K, your itinerary isn't the fake sounding one, so that's good. However, it's still overkill - you don't need a day to day plan if you're spending time with family, it doesn't make sense. No one plans every single day of a two week visit when you're meeting your family.

More importantly, though, you have to prove that you will return to India. Good reasons are things like family - if you had a wife and/or child in India who wasn't traveling with you, that would be a strong tie.

Since you're single, the only thing you can do is write a letter talking about the reasons why you would definitely come back. Your career is a good one - if you're working at a good company earning a good salary, you can say that you wouldn't throw away a great career to overstay in Canada.

Perhaps you have other family that you take care of - if your parents are elderly and you often visit them and take care of them (financially or otherwise), talk about that. Do you own property? Talk about that.

As you have already been denied once, you may want to not reapply immediately. A single denial isn't a big deal, but two in quick succession is bad, and will also affect visa applications to the US and Europe. If you can wait six months and then reapply, it might be better in the long run.
Thanks for your reply. I am single, I dont own any property ( i just own a two wheeler ) and my parents are also not dependent. Issue is my ticket is booked for July and need to visit in this year alone, so I really don't have any other choice , but to reapply.

If I reapply in next 5 days, do I need to mention my visa refusal under purpose of travel or that cover letter will go to client information?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thanks for your reply. I am single, I dont on any property ( i just own a two wheeler ) and my parents are also not dependent. Issue is my ticket is booked for July and need to visit in this year alone, so I really don't have any other choice , but to reapply.

If I reapply in next 5 days, do I need to mention my visa refusal under purpose of travel or that cover letter will go to client information?
There's a question in the form that asks if you were ever refused a visa to Canada (or any other country). You'll have to say yes to that now, and explain in the space provided.

If you are determined to reapply, come back here and post the cover letter. In your letter, you will have to address your previous refusal. Think about all the ways you can prove that you will come back and write a good letter. People on the forum can give you feedback that you can use (or not use, it's up to you) to strengthen your letter.

However, when you say you have no choice but to visit in this year alone.. that doesn't sound like a tourist visit. Why can't you postpone your visit? Airline tickets can be cancelled, worst case you lose a little money.

What's the compelling reason that is forcing you to travel right now? If you have a good reason, which is congruent with a tourist visit (say you want to attend your brother's wedding), that will actually help your application.

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
There's a question in the form that asks if you were ever refused a visa to Canada (or any other country). You'll have to say yes to that now, and explain in the space provided.

If you are determined to reapply, come back here and post the cover letter. In your letter, you will have to address your previous refusal. Think about all the ways you can prove that you will come back and write a good letter. People on the forum can give you feedback that you can use (or not use, it's up to you) to strengthen your letter.

However, when you say you have no choice but to visit in this year alone.. that doesn't sound like a tourist visit. Why can't you postpone your visit? Airline tickets can be cancelled, worst case you lose a little money.

What's the compelling reason that is forcing you to travel right now? If you have a good reason, which is congruent with a tourist visit (say you want to attend your brother's wedding), that will actually help your application.
Thanks for all the information. I will re-write the cover letter and post it here for review.
I don't want to postpone as I am getting married next year , which itself is a costly affair and since right now I am single, I planned this trip along with my parents.
My entire family is not going to meet my sister in canada. My other sister stay in UK . It's been a long time , since I met my sister and that was mentioned in the invitation letter as well. There is no issue stated with regards to invitation or funds in my application.

My biometric is valid till 2029. So in my next visa application, I do not need to apply again right?

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Yes, no need to apply for biometrics again.
Hi 21Goose, I started a new application. In my visa application form , I saw the following question :
Have you ever been refused a visa to enter Canada and asking for details. If my rejection reason was Purpose of Travel, what detail do I need to specify here?

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
If your wedding has been scheduled and you have proof of that I would include that. It is good proof that you will be returning.
Hi ,
thanks for your reply. Since marriage is scheduled next year, I don't have a valid ceremony card, but I have pictures of our roka ceremony , which happens before ring exchange and marriage. If I add picture of that ceremony, will it be valid proof , that I will be getting married next year?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,
thanks for your reply. Since marriage is scheduled next year, I don't have a valid ceremony card, but I have pictures of our roka ceremony , which happens before ring exchange and marriage. If I add picture of that ceremony, will it be valid proof , that I will be getting married next year?
Can’t hurt to explain that you want to visit your sister this year because you will be getting married next year in India and have already done roka ceremony (will the picture and invitation proof if possible) and explain what the ceremony is. Not sure if that means that the match has been arranged if it is an arranged marriage. India is not really known for engagements for many years before a wedding so should indicate that wedding is within the next year.

Reactions: ankur_bisht

ankur_bisht

May 10, 2019
Can’t hurt to explain that you want to visit your sister this year because you will be getting married next year in India and have already done roka ceremony (will the picture and invitation proof if possible) and explain what the ceremony is. Not sure if that means that the match has been arranged if it is an arranged marriage. India is not really known for engagements for many years before a wedding so should indicate that wedding is within the next year.
Thanks for you reply. I will surely mention it. This letter which I am going to write , will go to client section right? In my visa form, I have a field that says, Have you been denied entry to Canada and asked to explain it. What should I explain here ? Should I explain why will I return back to India, under this form field?