+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refused in a week

bilm25

Nov 19, 2013
Hello,

Applied for a TRV on 7.2.19 for Tourism from India.Got refusal mail today citing Purpose of travel, family ties in Canada and home country and travel history.

I am 30 year old, single and a govt employee.Have travelled to UK extensively on business visa. I have attached the following as proof-

1. NOC from govt. employer/ leave letter
2. Salary slips and bank statements..around 10k CAN$ in bank accounts
3. Property lease deed and LiC/PPF/ Term Deposits/EPF
4. 3 UK visas copy with entry and exit stamps
5. Detailed itinerary for a week with confirmed flight and hotel booking.
6. Four wheeler RC, Parental properties tax receipts.

Is it wise to apply again?What documnets can i attach to show my ties to home country and purpose of travel..Kindly suggest ...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am 30 year old, single and a govt employee.Have travelled to UK extensively on business visa.
1. Did your government employer send you to the UK for business visits?

2. How many times did your visit the UK over 18 months (I'm assuming each UK General Visit visa was for 6 months)? And, typically how long did you stay on each visit?

I have attached the following as proof-

1. NOC from govt. employer/ leave letter
2. Salary slips and bank statements..around 10k CAN$ in bank accounts
1. Income Tax Returns for the last two years?

2. Hope the bank balance matches your income, right?

3. Property lease deed
Do you own the property and leased it? Or have you leased/rented someone else's property?

and LiC/PPF/ Term Deposits/EPF
These can only be shown as part of your overall financial situation.... and not as funds for your visit.

5. Detailed itinerary for a week with confirmed flight and hotel booking.
Do you have a Canadian host? Or did you apply on your own as a tourist?

Your UK visits as a business visitor don't actually count because the purpose is different from that for your Canada TRV.

6. Four wheeler RC,
Loan for your car? Loan repayment statement?

Parental properties tax receipts.
Cannot be shown for your application + won't help your application

Reactions: bilm25

bilm25

Nov 19, 2013

My private employer send me to UK in 2012/13. I joined govt. job in 2015.

2. How many times did your visit the UK over 18 months (I'm assuming each UK General Visit visa was for 6 months)? And, typically how long did you stay on each visit?

4 times..visits were 4,1,5,4 months respectively.

1. Income Tax Returns for the last two years?3 years

Bank balance is higher. I took a paycut to join this govt job. The funds been lying in the account for years.Can be proved by ITR(before 3 years)

Do you own the property and leased it? Or have you leased/rented someone else's property?

I own the property.

I have three other property with Power of attorney rights which i dint showed for visa application. Should i have?

These can only be shown as part of your overall financial situation.... and not as funds for your visit.

Applied as a tourist. Airbnb bookings for 4 days and hostel in A National park for rest.

Your UK visits as a business visitor don't actually count because the purpose is different from that for your Canada TRV.

Car not on loan.RC on my name

Ok..
I have applied as a FSW in 2014 but my application was returned as incomplete cos it missed some documnets/information. I did not pursue it further cos situation at my personal end changed..
Do u think it negatively affected my application?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Ok..
I have applied as a FSW in 2014 but my application was returned as incomplete cos it missed some documnets/information. I did not pursue it further cos situation at my personal end changed..
Do u think it negatively affected my application?
No.

Reactions: bilm25

bilm25

Nov 19, 2013

My private employer send me to UK in 2012/13. Joined govt. job in 2015.

4 times..4,1,5,4 months respectively.

1. Income Tax Returns for the last two years?

3 years

Bank balance on higher side since i took a paycut to join govt. job. The same can be verified by ITR(before 3 years)

Yes i own it.

Also have 3 more properties on my name with Power of attorney rights but dint showed them for visa application. Do u think i should have?

No..Applied as a tourist. 4 days ik Airbnb and rest in A hostel in National park.

Car not on loan.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@bilm25

My private employer send me to UK in 2012/13. Joined govt. job in 2015.
Okay.

4 times..4,1,5,4 months respectively.
If I understand correctly:
1. You traveled to the UK four times, between 2012-13, on three UK Business visas, right?

2. And, you stayed in the UK for a total of 14 months out of the 18 months' validity of your three UK visas, right?

3. You're incredibly lucky you were not refused UK visas nor denied entry because your long stays in the UK seems to point at working illegally. These long stays are not in line with the visits of typical business visitors.

Yes i own it.
1. Did you purchase this property with income earned by yourself + taxes paid on that income?

2. Was the property inherited by you or gifted to you? If yes, when?

Also have 3 more properties on my name with Power of attorney rights but dint showed them for visa application. Do u think i should have?
Properties owned by others are not considered as owned by you even if you have Power of Attorney to represent the owners.

No..Applied as a tourist. 4 days ik Airbnb and rest in A hostel in National park.
Unfortunately, considering your long stays in the UK + no previous travel history of visiting visa-required countries for tourism purposes, your purpose of visit does not seem genuine.

Car not on loan.
Hope your property, financial investments, car, and other assets owned by you are proportionate to/match your declared sources of income

bilm25

Nov 19, 2013
@bilm25

Okay.

If I understand correctly:
1. You traveled to the UK four times, between 2012-13, on three UK Business visas, right?

2. And, you stayed in the UK for a total of 14 months out of the 18 months' validity of your three UK visas, right?

3. You're incredibly lucky you were not refused UK visas nor denied entry because your long stays in the UK seems to point at working illegally. These long stays are not in line with the visits of typical business visitors.

I was not working illegally.Was there for capturing requirement of a project.

1. Did you purchase this property with income earned by yourself + taxes paid on that income?

Yes i purchased it by myself with few loan emis still remaining.

2. Was the property inherited by you or gifted to you? If yes, when?
None

Properties owned by others are not considered as owned by you even if you have Power of Attorney to represent the owners.

Ok..I still pay the bills..wont it count as an asset for me?

Unfortunately, considering your long stays in the UK + no previous travel history of visiting visa-required countries for tourism purposes, your purpose of visit does not seem genuine.

Hope your property, financial investments, car, and other assets owned by you are proportionate to/match your declared sources of income
Yes they are proportionate if u look at my ITR for the last 6-7 years.

Do u think its good idea to apply again?And if yes what other documents i can provide to show ties to my home country?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@bilm25

I was not working illegally.Was there for capturing requirement of a project.
Technically speaking, it would not seem like it was illegal.... Your employer could have paid your salary into your Indian bank account + the employer could have paid for your UK expenses and a place to stay + you could have received some part of the UK expenses as cash, in the UK.

It would have been difficult/or even impossible for you to open a UK bank account.... and/or for you to rent accommodation on your own. In fact, you would have found it difficult to prove you are credit worthy as a 'temporary' visitor + you would not have been able to provide a UK proof of address for a UK bank account, UK credit card, etc.

Understanding project requirements does not require this amount of time i.e. 14 months stay in the visa validity of 18 months.

Back to your Canada TRV, the refusal for Purpose of Visit was probably because:
1. Your long stays in the UK, untypical of a business visitor
2. It seems you were working illegally in the UK
3. Your UK visits were for a different purpose as compared to your Canada visit
4. Your stated visit is for one week (the visa officer probably questioned why you want to visit Canada for just one week + why Canada because you don't have any relatives/family)
5. You had already made your intentions to immigrate to Canada clear through your FSW application even though it was returned to you

bilm25

Nov 19, 2013
@bilm25

Technically speaking, it would not seem like it was illegal.... Your employer could have paid your salary into your Indian bank account + the employer could have paid for your UK expenses and a place to stay + you could have received some part of the UK expenses as cash, in the UK.

It would have been difficult/or even impossible for you to open a UK bank account.... and/or for you to rent accommodation on your own. In fact, you would have found it difficult to prove you are credit worthy as a 'temporary' visitor + you would not have been able to provide a UK proof of address for a UK bank account, UK credit card, etc.

Understanding project requirements does not require this amount of time i.e. 14 months stay in the visa validity of 18 months.

Back to your Canada TRV, the refusal for Purpose of Visit was probably because:
1. Your long stays in the UK, untypical of a business visitor
2. It seems you were working illegally in the UK
3. Your UK visits were for a different purpose as compared to your Canada visit
4. Your stated visit is for one week (the visa officer probably questioned why you want to visit Canada for just one week + why Canada because you don't have any relatives/family)
5. You had already made your intentions to immigrate to Canada clear through your FSW application even though it was returned to you

Ok..Thx for ur honest opinion.

So, I shouldnt bother applying again?Or provide some more documnets or give it a go?