+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused in 2015..Will it affect my Express Entry application??

Murtuza S

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi friends..Needed some assistance here. I was rejected a Temporary Visit Visa in 2015 and my application received a UCI number. Should I enter this number while making a EE profile now?? Has it got any relation with Express Entry??

Also is a rejected TRV held against you when u proceed further in the EE rounds during investigation stage??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - the refused TRV will not impact your EE application provided that you are 100% honest about the refusal in your EE applicaiton.

Murtuza S

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
No - the refused TRV will not impact your EE application provided that you are 100% honest about the refusal in your EE applicaiton.
Thanks Scylla for ur prompt response. I'm just worried it would come back to haunt my future aspirations

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why was your TRV refused? If it was for common reasons like purpose of visit, travel history, financial situation, etc then there's nothing to worry about. You must be honest and quote your UCI Number.

If you were refused for not being honest or for misrepresentation then it could affect your future visa applications

Murtuza S

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Why was your TRV refused? If it was for common reasons like purpose of visit, travel history, financial situation, etc then there's nothing to worry about. You must be honest and quote your UCI Number.

If you were refused for not being honest or for misrepresentation then it could affect your future visa applications
Thanks Bryanna for getting back to me.
I was rejected for
Travel history
Purpose of Visit
Personal assets and financial status
Current employment situation

I have a maternal aunt in Ottawa and it was my cousins wedding which I wanted to attend along with my mother.

The thing which demotivated me was that my mother was granted a 10 year Visa and I was rejected and we both had applied together.

I hadn't shown any funds in my account as I was travelling with my mother and she was to fund the entire trip. This was all mentioned in a letter and I also had a letter of indemnity signed by my mother stating she was responsible to ensure I get back home.

Also I have a family wife and 2 kids who weren't going to travel for the wedding because of schooling

In India we have this culture where the family home is on the parents name. Hence I didn't have any assets to show either.

Also I did not have any visa stamps as I hadn't travelled at the time. Now I have a Singapore visa due to travels this year.

Sorry I have a lot to say. But I'm nervous and sceptical about applying this time

Murtuza S

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
I also recently ended up purchasimg a new home which now has my name and can be used as an asset.

Also I have arranged funds as per the IRCC requirements for a family of 4 ($CAD 13000).

I have done the groundwork for my EE application and I have a potential score of 420 on the CRS tool. This includes me taking my family along with me.
So my question is will I get a chance in the EE application to show that all reasons for which I was rejected earlier have now been met with ?? Or does a rejected TRV put me in the negative even before my application is considered??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Quite honestly, I see no reason for your previous TRV refusal to affect/impact your EE/PR chances. These refusal reasons which you have cited are very common.

I'm guessing:
1. Your mom was issued a maximum TRV validity until her passport expiry because she owns property + has financial resources + she was visiting her sister (close family member).

2. You were refused because you were financially dependent on your mom + no previous travel history + you did not prove your employment and family ties (wife and kids)

A point even though you're not applying for a TRV: Singapore is very liberal in issuing visas. Hence, it would not count as travel history for a Canada TRV

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If you intend to reapply for a TRV then you'll need to prove that you have overcome the previous refusal reasons. Your new home + family (wife/children) + employment + stronger financial situation than before would all help.

For EE PR, the TRV refusal reasons you cited don't matter as you must prove that you have the experience/documents etc for the points you are claiming

Murtuza S

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks again Bryanna. I feel more confident after reading this.

I had earlier applied without much information and research which ultimately cost me a rejection.

My concern was that if the IRCC consider past refusal as a guideline and make decisions for future applications then I would be wasting my time and money.

But this forum and experienced members like yourself have made me more confident that if I apply with the right information and resources I could stand a chance of achieving my goals.

Thanks again for your replies. I'll make the necessary changes to my application before transmitting it on the EE portal

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Good luck :):)
Hi Bryanna....i have been reading your posts....i'm going to apply online for TRV and i have a valid express entry profile as well...Kindly suggest if i should withdraw my profile before applying for TRV.I am a resident of UAE

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna....i have been reading your posts....i'm going to apply online for TRV and i have a valid express entry profile as well...Kindly suggest if i should withdraw my profile before applying for TRV.I am a resident of UAE
Hi,

No, don't withdraw your EE profile. You can certainly apply for a TRV simultaneously. You must prove you are a genuine, short-term visitor with the finances to pay for your visit

Cheers

Reactions: vindin

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Hi,

No, don't withdraw your EE profile. You can certainly apply for a TRV simultaneously. You must prove you are a genuine, short-term visitor with the finances to pay for your visit

Cheers
Thanks a lot....how much money should i show as POF for a stay of 3 weeks
Regards, Vineetha

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks a lot....how much money should i show as POF for a stay of 3 weeks
Regards, Vineetha
Hi Vineetha,

The unofficial guide is CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare + hotel/expenses. However, if your finances exceed this amount without borrowing/last minute deposits, your financial situation would appear stronger for a TRV approval.

You must focus on proving your immigration situation in the UAE (work permit/residence permit + employment contract, etc) + other strong ties to both the UAE and your home country

Cheers

Reactions: vindin

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Hi Vineetha,

The unofficial guide is CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare + hotel/expenses. However, if your finances exceed this amount without borrowing/last minute deposits, your financial situation would appear stronger for a TRV approval.

You must focus on proving your immigration situation in the UAE (work permit/residence permit + employment contract, etc) + other strong ties to both the UAE and your home country

Cheers
Thanks ...i will update once everything is done...My Salary account in UAE shows some credit card payments,loan emi etc....will that be an issue

Regards,
Vineetha Dinson