+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV REFUSED FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT STATUS

la94

Jun 2, 2016
HI, Oneof the reason I got refused my visitor visa was ' current emplyment situation'. I am currently a university student at 2nd year, I submitted the certificate from uni declaring I am currently enrolled and never enrolled without being align with the exam schedule so . And they refuse me because I am a student?!! I did not write any letter to them saying that I am student and that i need to go back to finish my last year of uni ( i just need one last year to grauduate). I put on the dates 'from ' and ' to' in current emplyment status the one I enrolled (year/month) and THE one I was submitting (as cic website say) so may 2016... They thought I was about to finish in may?!! Now I hope they won't think I lied when i will reapply in july

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
la94 said:
HI, Oneof the reason I got refused my visitor visa was ' current emplyment situation'. I am currently a university student at 2nd year, I submitted the certificate from uni declaring I am currently enrolled and never enrolled without being align with the exam schedule so . And they refuse me because I am a student?!! I did not write any letter to them saying that I am student and that i need to go back to finish my last year of uni ( i just need one last year to grauduate). I put on the dates 'from ' and ' to' in current emplyment status the one I enrolled (year/month) and THE one I was submitting (as cic website say) so may 2016... They thought I was about to finish in may?!! Now I hope they won't think I lied when i will reapply in july
Yes... it looks that was the problem, you stated you just finished your studies... so basically from their perspective you are now "recently graduated and looking for a job" so that is a red flag.

You can resubmit with proper evidence of the mistake (letter of enrollment with visible dates) and also you can add a line or two on this mistake in the letter of explanation.

la94

Jun 2, 2016
Jalex23 said:
Yes... it looks that was the problem, you stated you just finished your studies... so basically from their perspective you are now "recently graduated and looking for a job" so that is a red flag.

You can resubmit with proper evidence of the mistake (letter of enrollment with visible dates) and also you can add a line or two on this mistake in the letter of explanation.
oh Sorry, I just read. THankyou very much :)

la94

Jun 2, 2016
Jalex23 said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=015&top=4 IF YOU SEE HERE , that's why i wrote that way
in the canada website is written ''There are three history fields on the form: work history, address history and education history. Each includes a “to” section, where you normally write when you finished that activity or moved from that address. If you are still working or studying, or if you still live at that address, write “TODAY” or the date you are signing the application. If you do not know the exact dates, provide approximate dates.''

BUT I THINK BECAUSE I ALSO filled the '' education section' where they ask '' did you attend any post secondary education '' and i wrote yes referring to the one I am attending still and I put as end date sept 2017 when I am supposed to graduate