+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused by IRCC. Please suggest next step.

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Hello Experts,

I got refusal for TRV from IRCC and below is summarized letter. Please review it and suggest what should I do?

Dear ROHIT TIWARI,

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After a careful review of your temporary resident application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. I am refusing your application.

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not limited to:

1. the information in the travel and identity documents;
2. the reason for the travel to Canada;
3. the person's contacts in Canada;
4. the person's ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family ties);
5. the person's ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in canada;
6. whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of this or her admission to canada;
7. whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
8. whether the person would be likely to leave canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

To help you understand my decision, the reason(s) are provided on the following pages.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirement. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Please note that only the ground that are checked off apply to the refusal of your application.

"Given your economic establishment, employment prospects, travel history and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would leave canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident."

Regards,
Rohit Tiwari

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

Sorry to hear you were refused. Do share more information.

1. How long did you want to visit and what is the purpose of your visit?

2. List of documents which you submitted

3. Are you employed? Own property/land or have a lease agreement in your name? Family ties in India? Any previous travel history?

4. Do you have a Canadian host? Family in Canada?

Cheers

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Bryanna said:
Hi Rohit,

Sorry to hear you were refused. Do share more information.

1. How long did you want to visit and what is the purpose of your visit?
Answer: 3 weeks (15 December to 4 January)

2. List of documents which you submitted
Answer:
1.Passport
2.Invitation Letter along with PR & Canadian passport copy.
3.Proof_of_Financial_Resource_of_Supporter (My Dad was supporting me, So his Fixed deposits, Bank balance sheet of last 6 months)
4.Proof_of_means_of_financial_support (My FD of 1.Lac rupees + Bank Balance of Rs. 1 Lac along with six month bank balance sheet), NOC of leave approval letter from my current organization, employment confirmation letter from current organization, experience certificates from previous organizations. Pay stubs of current organization, six months bank statement in which I receive salary, ITR's of last three years.
5.Digital_Photo
6.Purpose_of_Travel
7.Family_Information
8.Proof_Of_Relationship
===========================

3. Are you employed? Own property/land or have a lease agreement in your name? Family ties in India? Any previous travel history?
Answer - I am employed from last three years in IT company. I hail from punjab, India but I work in Gurgaon. So I attached rental agreement of last year. My father, mother who already visited canada on tourist visa resides in India (Retired Govt. employee). No, I dont have any travel history.

4. Do you have a Canadian host? Family in Canada?
Yes, my brother lives in edmonton, canada

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

This is probably how your case appears to a visa officer:

Point 1: Refusal reason for Family Ties
I assume your parents' have valid TRVs. With your brother in Canada, you family ties to India are reduced as your parents can visit anytime = a possibility of you overstaying your visit.

Hence, you should demonstrate stronger ties to India to be approved.

Point 2: Refusal reasons for Employment prospects + Financial situation
You are employed since 3+ years. But, your dad will pay for your visit. This indicates, your personal individual finances are not strong.

Your personal bank balance is insufficient to pay for your visit + airfare.

What other ties can you show to India:
1. Do you have specific project completion/work commitments after your visit?

2. Any personal commitments which you can prove with evidence? For example, you are engaged to be married shortly?

3. Have you visited any other country?

4. Can you improve your personal financial situation before you reapply. For example, your personal bank balance is INR 250,000.... without borrowing or depending on your dad

5. Will your parents accompany you? Can your mom/dad/both of them prove they will not visit Canada in December?

6. Do you have any dependent family members?

7. Do you have any other financial investments: EPF, PPF, shares/stocks, mutual funds, RDs, etc?

Cheers

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Bryanna said:
Hi Rohit,

This is probably how your case appears to a visa officer:

Point 1: Refusal reason for Family Ties
I assume your parents' have valid TRVs. With your brother in Canada, you family ties to India are reduced as your parents can visit anytime = a possibility of you overstaying your visit.

Hence, you should demonstrate stronger ties to India to be approved.
No, my parents had valid TRV in 2014. Infact, they are taking much care of my grand father.

Point 2: Refusal reasons for Employment prospects + Financial situation
You are employed since 3+ years. But, your dad will pay for your visit. This indicates, your personal individual finances are not strong.

Your personal bank balance is insufficient to pay for your visit + airfare.
Yes, You are absolutely right. Thanks for highlighting it.
Just a quick query: If I transfer money from Dad account to my account, Will that work? Or there is need to show bank balance of last six months?

What other ties can you show to India:
1. Do you have specific project completion/work commitments after your visit?
I am leading testing team. Please suggest an idea.

2. Any personal commitments which you can prove with evidence? For example, you are engaged to be married shortly?
Please suggest some other way because right now my parents are looking for girl :D

3. Have you visited any other country?
Nope

4. Can you improve your personal financial situation before you reapply. For example, your personal bank balance is INR 250,000.... without borrowing or depending on your dad
Yes, My dad can transfer money in my account immediately.

5. Will your parents accompany you? Can your mom/dad/both of them prove they will not visit Canada in December?
No because my grandfather needs their attention

6. Do you have any dependent family members?
I can say, my grandfather beause of he is 88+

7. Do you have any other financial investments: EPF, PPF, shares/stocks, mutual funds, RDs, etc?
Yes, EPF but just of amount Rs.85,000

Cheers

[/quote]

I wish I could consult you before applying :( I was so stupid

Bryanna, if i arrange these things, should i go for second turn. Will reapplying in December be good idea/approach OR I should wait for next 6 months.

Bryanna, I really appreciate your candid fredback. you indeed a real hero :) You are guiding people like me and showing right path.

Heartly Thank you!!

Regards,
Rohit

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Definitely do not transfer money from your Dad's account to yours. Huge red flag.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

Thanks so much for your kind words :)

Just a quick query: If I transfer money from Dad account to my account, Will that work? Or there is need to show bank balance of last six months?
This is a big no-no. Your bank balance must match your income + your ITRs. You must prove that you can afford your trip with your own finances.

I am leading testing team. Please suggest an idea.
Do you have any project completion or critical deadlines.... which means you must return?
Or project appraisal that could lead to a salary hike? You must be able to prove this with evidence.
Or maybe you're scheduled to attend some training program?

You must include a leave approval letter from your employer stating you will have your job when you return.

Please suggest some other way because right now my parents are looking for girl
Do you have to attend a wedding in your immediate family after your intended visit?
Or maybe some other reason regarding your grandfather?

IMO, you should postpone your visit to the summer.

When you reapply, you could:
1. Your employment: If possible, a work visit to some other country..... or a tourist visit to the UK/Schengen countries.

2. Build a stronger financial situation i.e. good bank balance + financial investments.

3. Credit card statements with low/zero outstanding when you reapply. Do mention you will bring these cards for your visit.

4. Lease agreement + highlight the deposit forfeiture clause + 2-3 months' rent payment receipts/bank transfers

Cheers

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Dear Bryanna,

I had written paragraph in letter of explanation as mentioned below. Wasn't it enough for visa officer to satisfy that I will return back to India. I am thinking to file Ielts examination again to improve scores under Express Entry then I will show in TRV that I have to give exam in January after coming back from canada. Also, I am thinking to attach return flight ticket. Will it be okay?

"My love towards Canada is not new. I applied for student visa under SPP program in
December 2009 but unfortunately, I got refusal due to poor selection of course (Diploma in
Computer programming and Analysis, SENECA College.) Currently, I have registered in
Express Entry pool under Federal skilled worked category. I got registered in express entry
pool having Express entry profile number ‘E00XXXXXXX’ on September 24, 2015 and this
profile got expired on September 24, 2016. I again got registered to express entry pool
having new express entry profile number ‘E00XXXXXXXX’ but this does not mean I plan to
overstay my visitor visa and not return home. I do not wish to ruin my express entry
application by overstaying there."

Please reply.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Rohit,

It's not surprising why you have been refused. To a visa officer, you would come across as wanting to remain in Canada long-term..... first as a student and now as an EE applicant.

I had written paragraph in letter of explanation as mentioned below. Wasn't it enough for visa officer to satisfy that I will return back to India.
No, not with this paragraph. It shows determination in moving to Canada any which way. Unfortunately, it has worked against you.

My love towards Canada is not new.
You should be extremely careful with your choice of words when you apply for a visa.

I am thinking to file Ielts examination again to improve scores under Express Entry then I will show in TRV that I have to give exam in January
Again, this indicates you have plans to remain long-term even if you take the IELTS exam in India.

Please do not book plane tickets until you get a TRV.

You already have two refusals (study permit + TRV). IMO again, please do NOT apply until:
1. Your financial situation improves tremendously

2. You establish stronger employment + other ties

Cheers

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Hi Bryanna,

This time I will listen and stick to your suggestions only!!

Thanks for support and suggesting a way :)

I will definitely wait for summers to apply. Meanwhile, I will work on financial conditions, trip history, family ties etc.

Before applying, I will discuss my case with you and will not repeat this mistake :(

Now, I am going to apply GCMS notes to understand detailed reason of refusal.

Bryanna, How much funds should I maintain now for next sixth months? So that I pass financial conditions basis of employment prospects.

Thanks !!

Warm Regards,
Rohit Tiwari

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
ROHIT2587 said:
Dear Bryanna,

I had written paragraph in letter of explanation as mentioned below. Wasn't it enough for visa officer to satisfy that I will return back to India. I am thinking to file Ielts examination again to improve scores under Express Entry then I will show in TRV that I have to give exam in January after coming back from canada. Also, I am thinking to attach return flight ticket. Will it be okay?

"My love towards Canada is not new. I applied for student visa under SPP program in
December 2009 but unfortunately, I got refusal due to poor selection of course (Diploma in
Computer programming and Analysis, SENECA College.) Currently, I have registered in
Express Entry pool under Federal skilled worked category. I got registered in express entry
pool having Express entry profile number ‘E00XXXXXXX’ on September 24, 2015 and this
profile got expired on September 24, 2016. I again got registered to express entry pool
having new express entry profile number ‘E00XXXXXXXX’ but this does not mean I plan to
overstay my visitor visa and not return home. I do not wish to ruin my express entry
application by overstaying there."

Please reply.
I would say this paragraph rather killed you. You don't need to mention about your express entry or your love for Canada.
Show some valid reason to visit.

ROHIT2587

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2017
AOR Received.
06-07-2017
Hi Riasit.Abir

I agree, its completely my mistake and should have consult in this forum before applying.

But I thought we should give all the information in letter of explanation otherwise visa officer may think, Applicant is trying to hide things. This is why I mentioned all the things.

Like Bryanna said, I should be very specific while choosing words. So I will take care and will not write anything like this in future without consulting experts of this form.

Regards,
Rohit Tiwari

rmarahar

Feb 23, 2015
Parent's visitor visa rejected:

Hello,

I need expert advice please help me with this.

My brother and I are on student visa in Edmonton. I June 2016, my brother applied for our parent's visitor visa on his graduation ceremony but it was refused stating that no stronger ties in India and non-sufficient funds.
Now, I have a 6 months old baby who was born in May, 2016. And, I want to apply for our parent's visitor visa because I need my parent;s here- they wanna see their grand daughter, I need them emotionally and I don't have anybody to help me in taking care of my little one. My spouse and I are on work permit now. As, I am on maternity leave and my husband works I feel very lonely.
So, Now what additional documents I need to submit to make stronger case and what are the chances this time to get the visa?
And, how much funds do they need to show?
Do I need to attach my bank statements as well?
How can they prove their ties in India because my father's parents and brothers are in Canada as well for last 25 years?
Is there anyone who can help me with explanation or invitation letter?

Looking forward to hear something helpful. Really wanna see my parents. Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@rmarahar

Do share:
1. The purpose of their visit and duration of their visit

2. When did they apply and the refusal reasons?

3. The list of documents which they submitted

I'll certainly try to help you

Cheer up :) :)

abdul9986

Nov 14, 2016
Chennai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors i applied online 10 feb , today i received refused like

• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the reason for the travel to Canada;
• the person’s contacts in Canada;
• the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family
ties);
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.