+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused, but the Visa is stamped on the passport!!!!

med

Dec 25, 2013
my mother in low was sent a letter saying that they have positively assessed her application for a tourist visa and asking her to pay an extra fee for a TRV and submit her passport.
few days after, and immediately after submitting the fees and the passport she received a refusal letter. Few days latter, she got her passport back with a visa stamped on it and a letter of instructions upon arrival!! :eek:

Did any one face this before? Any explanation?

We are afraid of contacting the embassy because they may easily cancel the issued visa instead of saying we made a mistake!

gurpreet rathour

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Hello friend ,
where you have submitted visa application, its personally or online, I think you have to contact high commission without any fear they will clear your doubt

med

Dec 25, 2013
Thank you for the reply

Application was submitted online. The passport was submitted in AbuDhabi embassy

The reason given on the refusal letter was: immigration status, which is meaningless because she has a three year valid residence visa

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Best to double check with the embassy on this. If the current visa is used then either:

1. Admitted without any issues.
2. Denied entry on the basis of an incorrectly issued visa that will be cancelled with return home on the next available flight.
3. As 2 but with misrepresentation deemed by using a visa you know has been issued in error with exclusion order made. This will seriously harm any future visa applications!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not an authority but if she has a three year valid residence visa why does she need a TRV? Is
That why they cited IMM status as refusal reason?