+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refusal

Nkpulu1

Nov 11, 2017
I was refused based on purpose of visit only.
How do I give a detailed purpose of visit, going on 2weeks vacation.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was refused based on purpose of visit only.
How do I give a detailed purpose of visit, going on 2weeks vacation.
It is difficult to advise as you have not explained your situation.

'Purpose of visit' is a generic refusal reason. You'll need to provide more information if you want advice:
1. Do you have a Canadian host (family/friend)? Or are you visiting as a tourist?
2. Have you traveled to countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ in the last 10 years?
3. Are you employed/business/studying?
4. Are you traveling alone or with your family/friends?

Nkpulu1

Nov 11, 2017
I am visiting as a tourist and do not have any Canadian tie
I have travelled to South Africa, Kenya, and UAE.
I am a business man and own an I. T consulting firm here in Nigeria for the past 5-years.
I am Married with 3-lovely children
All expense for my 2weeks vacation is fully taken care by me .
I am travelling alone.

Thanks and await an advice on how to respond to Purpose of travel that is convincing I will leave Canada after my vacation.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am visiting as a tourist and do not have any Canadian tie
You must prove you have a genuine reason to visit Canada.

As you are married + you have children, it could seem rather unusual that you would like to holiday in Canada/visit as a tourist without your wife and/or your children. Also, the visa officer is likely to question why you would like to visit Canada (and not Europe, for example) as you don't have any host/relative/friend.

I have travelled to South Africa, Kenya, and UAE.
Unfortunately, none of these countries help as 'Travel History' for a Canada TRV.

I am a business man and own an I. T consulting firm here in Nigeria for the past 5-years.
You'll need to include evidence such as your company's business registration + that it is actively trading (work contracts/purchase orders + company bank statement + employees + office lease + audit/balance sheet, etc etc)

I am Married with 3-lovely children
You'll need to include documents such as your marriage certificate + birth certificates/copies of passports of your children and your spouse + prove that you live at the same address and they are dependent on you

You can also include proofs of any property/land owned by you, including the valuation + other financial investments + other reasons to return to Nigeria by a specific date (with evidence)

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
As you are married + you have children, it could seem rather unusual that you would like to holiday in Canada/visit as a tourist without your wife and/or your children...
Honest question - is it really unusual that people travel on holidays without their partners or family?

For myself it isn't rare.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Honest question - is it really unusual that people travel on holidays without their partners or family?

For myself it isn't rare.
It depends on the applicant. If the OP has previous travel history of traveling/vacationing abroad alone without his family then yes, it would not seem unusual.

In this case, the visa officer has refused the OP for 'Purpose of Visit' = S/he was not convinced that the OP wants to genuinely vacation in Canada

Reactions: nofrills

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
My TRV also got rejected for same reason "You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: Purpose of Visit"
My application was an family application...I mean My father(main applicant), mother, sister and myself. Visa approved for my parents but refused for me & my sister(same reason as mentioned above)
My sister and brother in law are Canadian citizens
In the form I wrote Purpose of Visit as 'Family Visit'
Me & My sister are both working here and we provided a letter from our company too
We both dont have a travel history in the countries mentioned above....I have visited few of the asian countries though..

Please suggest if I can appeal (is there a option) or what should I do before I reapply......

LRM Silva

Dec 22, 2017
hi
can anyone tell, the 'statement of tax year' is enough to submit as bank statement? because my host send me it and i submitted that statement with my TRV in November 2017 as 'Statement of TAX year 2016. but refused anyway. but my second TRV may apply in March 2018. the problem is it enough to submit Tax statement year 2016 or 2017? the thing is the statement of tax document 2017 will be prepared in April or May 2018.

yourwaka

Feb 4, 2018
Please can someone post here this PURPOSE OF VISIT specimen,both for tourism and family visiting, thanks in advance