+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refusal - Assistance Requested

TRVhelp

Jul 16, 2013
I know there are some really knowledgable people on this forum and I would be eternally grateful if someone can assist me.

Here is the situation, my mother (68 years, widow) has previously been to Canada a few years ago and she got her first visa from the Canadian HC in London, although she has a Pakistani passport but she was visiting me and my brother who live in the UK. My mother is really well travelled, and have several visas on her passport including USA, UK, Schengen, Canada (twice) etc.

She applied for the Canadian visa the second time from Pakistan and was successful in getting it, but unfortunately she could not travel on the visa as my sister was not well (we had already purchased non refundable tickets which went to waste) and now last month she applied for the TRV the third time and they refused her, with the usual generic reasons, saying that they considered her ties to Canada and country of residence, her financial situation and economic condition of the country....their financial concern was a bit surprising as we showed more money this time than we did the last two times (I am her sponsor), also she went to Canada the first time and came back after two weeks, the second time she didnt even travel on her visa...so why do they think she will not come back the third time? All her children and grand children live outside Canada, she has property and responsibilities in Pakistan and would definitely return.

Now my mother's sister lives in Canada with rest of her family, and her sister due to old age cannot travel. Also worth mentioning that I hold Canadian PR but live in the UK and planning to move to Canada later this year. I would like my mother to visit me as well, which she does in the UK (both me and my brother have lived here for more than ten years and she has been visiting us since, with all respect to the immigration laws).

Please can someone advise on what will be the best way to proceed, some people on this forum mentioned that once refused it is difficult to get the visa again. I dont really understand the reasons behind her refusal and would like to reapply.

Thank you so much for your time, greatly appreciated!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Must be some ignorant officer, try again - case looks good

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Order the GCMS notes immediately as they may give you a better idea of how to strengthen your next application. There are lots of posts on forum how to order GCMS which take about 30-45 days.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next time, try to get a multiple visa or super visa for your mom.

Kevinjames182

Jul 16, 2013
Hi guys, I hope you can help and advice me on my second application for the TRV,

My friend on student status (PR) will be getting married in Canada and invited my GF to be her bridemaid and I will be her plus 1. My GF and I have bought the tickets already but the frustration started when my application got rejected. We are in HK im holding a PHIL passport, HK resident and My GF is holding a BN(O) passport and she doesn't need to apply the TRV. So all the pressure is on me. We are planning to stay for 13days.
I am only 25 and I do not own any land or property in HK, I just have my mom here as all my sisters are aboard and married.

The first application I have attached;
-Application Form
-Family background form
-6 months bank statement (around 2000 CAD savings)
-6 months payslip
-previous working reference
-employment letter with approved leave
-invitation letter + her PR copy
-proof of relationship (attached photo of me, GF and host in canada)
-travel history (Thailand, Philippines)
-previous and current passport with stamps to Thai & Phil
-photo
-round trip ticket
-my GF bridemaid invitation sent from host

Refusal reasons;
-Travel History (been to Thailand and Phil)
-purpose of visit (tourism & wedding)
-current employment situation (started working in a Hotel from FEB 2013)
-personal asset and financial status (I put down spending money would be (2000 CaD)

I have read previous posts of attaching strong cover letters would you be able to send me a template/sample

Need your professional assistance!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
TRVhelp said:
I know there are some really knowledgable people on this forum and I would be eternally grateful if someone can assist me.

she was visiting me and my brother who live in the UK.

(I am her sponsor),

I hold Canadian PR but live in the UK and planning to move to Canada later this year.
I think the problem may lie in the fact that you (her sponsor) are not living in Canada. It's hard to justify how you can invite someone to a country you don't live in. Perhaps your mother's sister should send her the invitation letter instead?

rowan_baby41

May 14, 2013
kevinjames182, this is just my personal take on your profile okay?:) there seems to be 2 glaring red flags in your application

1. your work situation is not yet stable as you have only started working on your current job last feb 2013. this may also imply that youre not yet that committed to it since you are still new to the company. they might be thinking that it will still be easy for you to leave your job, overstay and try to find work in canada. if you have an employment contract, that may help.

2. you only have an equivalent of 2000 cad in your bank account and you told them that you will be spending all of it in canada. so you will close your bank account and be left with nothing after your trip? this doesnt look good as it will make #1 an even stronger possibility. if you have other assets like stocks, investments, mutual funds, provide proof as that may help as well:)

good luck!