rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine rejected twice first application on 4th Dec, 2019 Refused, second application on 2nd March, 2020 refused
Same reasons family ties and financial status
I sent email to the embassy and sent thro webform, on 4th March, so far no reply at all.. But am sure they will not reconsider, you were lucky in this reconsideration.. Depends on case to case

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per GCMS notes, it appears that the immigration officer believes i don't have enough reasons to come back to home country. They believe that I'll stay at my brother's place.

I have provided the documentation, confirming my salary and position at my company which is very good. Despite having an extensive travel history, which was enclosed with the application, the officer still decided to refuse which unfortunately out of my control.

Kingston 01

Feb 27, 2020
@trvdxb, I didn't receive any response from them after sending my reconsideration letter, today makes it 10th day. I think I should reapply then. Or what do you think please....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@trvdxb, I didn't receive any response from them after sending my reconsideration letter, today makes it 10th day. I think I should reapply then. Or what do you think please....
Reconsideration can take a long time but is rarely approved. Did you apply for a TRV and get refused? Why did you ask for reconsideration? Why are you trying to travel to Canada? Are you employed in Nigeria? Own property? How much liquid cash are you showing? Have you travelled internationally before? The past 5 years? Where? Getting a TRV from Nigeria has become very hard due to all the asylum claims.

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
My friend recently sent webform to Riyadh office for reconsideration and they replied that application is already closed and can't be reconsidered and informed him to submit new application.
So don't waste your time on sending reconsideration requests to Canadian visa offices.

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
if you think that you can counter your refusal grounds then you can reapply at any time and don't wait if you need visa urgently

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
My friend recently sent webform to Riyadh office for reconsideration and they replied that application is already closed and can't be reconsidered and informed him to submit new application.
So don't waste your time on sending reconsideration requests to Canadian visa offices.
i have clearly mentioned that IRCC will only reopen the file if they found any error or mistake etc, so if anybody thinks his/her case wasn't strong enough then don't send reconsideration request

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi,

My parent temporary resident visa has been refused for the following reasons :
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit".

I want to reapply for them after 8 months . May I know what documents or proofs show a strong reason for leaving the country on basis of purpose of visit?

Thanks in advance

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
If u want to wait for 8 months in the meantime order GCMS notes. You will get to know the real reason for refusal and then you can address visa officer's concern in your next application and probably get an approval.
By 8 months I mean in month of May 2020. Last refusal was in OCT 2019. I have ordered GCMS notes but I want to know which type of ties strong proofs that they will leave the country on ground of purpose of visit? We sent me then invitation letter as well. How can we reassure IRCC on purpose of visit that they will leave the country. This rejection reason is quite confusing one.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By 8 months I mean in month of May 2020. Last refusal was in OCT 2019. I have ordered GCMS notes but I want to know which type of ties strong proofs that they will leave the country on ground of purpose of visit? We sent me then invitation letter as well. How can we reassure IRCC on purpose of visit that they will leave the country. This rejection reason is quite confusing one.
For example, things like having a parent in home country to care upon returning to home country, is considered strong tie in home country.

Shriyant

Jan 28, 2020
Hi,

My parent temporary resident visa has been refused for the following reasons :
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit".

I want to reapply for them after 8 months . May I know what documents or proofs show a strong reason for leaving the country on basis of purpose of visit?

Thanks in advance
Hi..wt purpose of visit did u mention ??
Do u hv any sibling back in d home country ??

Sagittarius1982

Feb 27, 2020
Experts , I have applied TRV but refused due to the following reasons;

I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

kindly help me how to address above comments for appeal?

Timeline
Applied on 10th March
Biometric updated 11 March
Rejection 12 March

I think VO even did not look into my application and LoE , so want to submit web form for appeal

please give your suggestions urgently in order to respond quickly

Sagittarius1982

Feb 27, 2020
What makes u think visa officer did not check your file properly?
1:- I have attached my property documents in home country to show strong ties to my home country
2:- I am living outside my home country and my in laws are living in this country since 1978 and my wife born here, I attached her birth certificate to show strong ties to country of residence

3:- I have explained why I was unable to travel from last two years due to works nature and tight schedule to finish the project , before I travelled to USA two times and even I got visa for UK with multiple entries but again as said can’t travel due to tight work schedule

I can understand that maybe travel history is valid point but strong ties to country of residence and home country should not be .... meaning he didn’t not look at my submitted documents .... also I have attached my rented apartment documents along with posted dated Cheque copy .... in addition, I also attached my son school letter that he is studying here in country of residence.
In review of above , what are your thoughts?

Last edited: