+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV....Reconsideration Approved

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi, my husband's SOWP application was refused on 12 January. He applied for a reconsideration on 27 January and got 2 emails on 12 and 17 February stating that they have received the request and sent to IRCC officer for a consideration and the applicant will get a decision. It's been more that 3 months my husband hasn't got any reply. After waiting for 2 months he reapplied as we can't wait unlimited time for their decision. I would suggest you to reapply.
Thank you for the information. I will reapply soon

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi,

Today I received the response to my reconsideration request, My eligibility is started again and they have sent a "Request Letter" to upload the updated "Letter of Acceptance" from the University.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

Please provide an updated LOA or proof from the university that you will still be accepted in to your program.

This must be received at this office by: 2022/07/17

But the main issue is that I have withdrawn the admission from my M.Sc and applied for Ph.D. in the same DLI and same department. I will receive the Ph.D. admission offer letter within the next few days with the same funding/scholarship conditions.

Can I upload the fully-funded Ph.D. admission offer letter instead of the fully-funded M.Sc?

Here is my thread regarding refusal: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-refused-fully-funded-masters-scholarship.766706/#post-10068795

Thank you

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
Hi, I have applied for TRV visa for me, my wife and two sons. All got visa except my elder son (12 yrs). Visa was was refused because the purpose of the visit to Canada was not consistent with a temporary stay given the details I provided in his application Now I am planing to apply for reconsideration including. Mistakenly, I forgot to include some information on his Visa application (IMM5257). Can I update those information and upload during reconsideration along with other supporting documents? Dosn't it have any negative impact?

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Hi, I have applied for TRV visa for me, my wife and two sons. All got visa except my elder son (12 yrs). Visa was was refused because the purpose of the visit to Canada was not consistent with a temporary stay given the details I provided in his application Now I am planing to apply for reconsideration including. Mistakenly, I forgot to include some information on his Visa application (IMM5257). Can I update those information and upload during reconsideration along with other supporting documents? Dosn't it have any negative impact?
No you can't update or submit any new information or document after decision, however, you can request reconsideration request and counter refusal reason based on other dependents visa approvals

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
No you can't update or submit any new information or document after decision, however, you can request reconsideration request and counter refusal reason based on other dependents visa approvals
Thank you for your clarification. I have one doubt about the Webform using for reconsideration. Actually in Webform under 'Enquirer information:Relationship to Applicant', there are four options are coming; Applicant, Representative, Sponsor and Member of Parliament. Should I opt Representative, if so, do I need to fill IMM5476?

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Thank you for your clarification. I have one doubt about the Webform using for reconsideration. Actually in Webform under 'Enquirer information:Relationship to Applicant', there are four options are coming; Applicant, Representative, Sponsor and Member of Parliament. Should I opt Representative, if so, do I need to fill IMM5476?
Select representative and you don't need to fill the form again

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I tried applying for TRV reconsideration for my parents visa via webforms, email to embassy and everything. Embassy even mentioned that they will reconsider but later I got a letter from IRCC in the portal under their application that they won't reopen the case for TRV and rather asked to re-apply a new application with a letter of explanation providing strong reasons for refusal. No harm in trying yet than wasting time maybe re-applying could be even more faster i would say. All the best!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I tried applying for TRV reconsideration for my parents visa via webforms, email to embassy and everything. Embassy even mentioned that they will reconsider but later I got a letter from IRCC in the portal under their application that they won't reopen the case for TRV and rather asked to re-apply a new application with a letter of explanation providing strong reasons for refusal. No harm in trying yet than wasting time maybe re-applying could be even more faster i would say. All the best!!
Issue with the question is that person wants to submit additional documents which is not asking for reconsideration. Person needs to reapply. Reconsideration is for an error in law where person submitted all the correct documentation and was refused.

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Issue with the question is that person wants to submit additional documents which is not asking for reconsideration. Person needs to reapply. Reconsideration is for an error in law where person submitted all the correct documentation and was refused.
I submitted all the required documents and even still they refused that's the reason i strongly opposed their decision and asked for a reconsideration but they simply said they don't usually do it for TRV but they will do for other visas.

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Do I need to upload approved VISA for others during reconsideration or only mentioning is enough?
Yes you can upload other dependents approved visas or simply write uci & application numbers of other dependents in the message box to proved your arguments

Dannyquaye

Sep 6, 2021
Guys, do I have a chance here....

I received medical request on 8 May and I did my medical on 27. But the panel physician delayed with uploading my results to IRCC. According to my agent I had a refusal letter on 5th June because I failed to submit my medicals and on 6th June the Panel physician sent my results to IRCC. AOR for medicals was on 9th June and it was a pass.

However, my agent has requested for reconsideration already with full evidence regarding my medicals.

A week later the status of my application has changed from Refusal to FINAL DECISION- YOUR APPLICATION IS IN PROGRESS. WE WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE ONCE THE DECISION ON YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN MADE. AND ALSO IVE RECEIVED VALIDITY OF BIOMETRICS LETTER ON 14TH JUNE.

IS THIS A GOOD SIGN?PLEASE ADVICE. THANK YOU

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys, do I have a chance here....

I received medical request on 8 May and I did my medical on 27. But the panel physician delayed with uploading my results to IRCC. According to my agent I had a refusal letter on 5th June because I failed to submit my medicals and on 6th June the Panel physician sent my results to IRCC. AOR for medicals was on 9th June and it was a pass.

However, my agent has requested for reconsideration already with full evidence regarding my medicals.

A week later the status of my application has changed from Refusal to FINAL DECISION- YOUR APPLICATION IS IN PROGRESS. WE WILL SEND YOU A MESSAGE ONCE THE DECISION ON YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN MADE. AND ALSO IVE RECEIVED VALIDITY OF BIOMETRICS LETTER ON 14TH JUNE.

IS THIS A GOOD SIGN?PLEASE ADVICE. THANK YOU
Why do you need a medical for a TRV? Think you posted under wrong section.